Anchor Baby Denied Financial Aid

read the op again......

I did, as well as the link. Your point escapes me, the author of the OP celebrates a hard working senior at the top of her class is denied aid. That makes Chanel a callous jerk in my opinion.

point escapes me

so what else is new?

I could not and doubt ( anyone but I cannot speak to others states or districts) send my child when he or she was in say high school to an out of district high school......you had to RESIDE in the district LEGALLY nimrod...get it now????

"nimrod"? Well Nero, again you assume something quite incorrect. I'd bet even in the school district in which your child attended their are provisions for interdistrict transfers as exists in California. Of course your point is not on point.

Can someone please tell me where I can go to sign up my kids to be illegals???? I really do like all the perks that they get and my kids will need these perks pretty soon.

All she has to do is get a job, get an apartment, and file an income tax return. She cant allow anyone to claim her on their taxes. Within a year she will be able to use her own income and claim herself independant from her parents income. Simple solution. All she has to do is flip burgers for a year or so.

Seems like a good time to deport the illegal alien criminal parents. Might as well take the anchor baby with them too.

And another conservative shows love and respect for the Constitution of the United States.:clap2:

Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights. Ratified 7/9/1868. Note History

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Oh wait. The conservative just showed contempt for the Constitution of the United States.

As always. :eusa_whistle:

Seems like a good time to deport the illegal alien criminal parents. Might as well take the anchor baby with them too.

anyone born here is a citizen.

you sure your grandparents, great grandparents, etc came here "legally"?

maybe we should look into YOUR background.

what say you?

I'm pretty sure that poster is an American Indian. Perhaps Mohawk or something. You can sort of understand why he's mad. It's like the Palestinians in the middle east. But heck..the United States is here to stay and those damned Mohawks should just get over it.

Last edited:
An American-born high school student from New Jersey has been denied state tuition assistance because her mother is an illegal immigrant, according to the American Civil Liberties Union.

The ACLU and a Rutgers University legal clinic are representing the high school senior — identified only as A.Z. — in an appeal filed on her behalf in a case they claim violates both state and federal laws.

The student, a lifelong New Jersey resident and graduating senior, applied for a Tuition Aid Grant from the state's Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, or HESAA. Her state aid application was rejected, according to the ACLU, with the explanation that "her parents are not legal New Jersey residents."

American-born student denied N.J. tuition grant due to mom's immigration status | NJ.com

Boo freakin hoo. I am so tired of this bullshit. My kids cannot get financial aid in the state of PA because we are not legal residents there. That's the way it works kids. :evil:

The parents should be grateful they are not being deported. Instead they are suing. What a country!

Wow, what a callous bigot you are. The child did nothing wrong; she was born in the U.S. and she is by law a U.S. Citizen who resides in N.J. Yes, we have a great country, sadly some of our citizens are jerks.

You are looking into the mirror I trust.

[The child did nothing wrong; she was born in the U.S. and she is by law a U.S. Citizen

She is doing something wrong by not going to the authorities and telling them that she was brought into the US without her permission. Then she should testify against the human traffickers that brought her into the US. That is what a real American would do.

she was born here.

dumbasss.

can anyone think of any other instance where a citizen is punished for the actions of their parents? as the article state, immigration status of one's parents is not listed as a qualification.

Sounds as if Chanel's children are being punished donut?

All she has to do is get a job, get an apartment, and file an income tax return. She cant allow anyone to claim her on their taxes. Within a year she will be able to use her own income and claim herself independant from her parents income. Simple solution. All she has to do is flip burgers for a year or so.

I don't think she/they/them,, are interested in doing things the LEGAL way. I don't know why it is but illegals always think they should get something before the legal residents get it,, if they don't the old American Criminal Liberties Union is right there for them..

An American-born high school student from New Jersey has been denied state tuition assistance because her mother is an illegal immigrant, according to the American Civil Liberties Union.

The ACLU and a Rutgers University legal clinic are representing the high school senior — identified only as A.Z. — in an appeal filed on her behalf in a case they claim violates both state and federal laws.

The student, a lifelong New Jersey resident and graduating senior, applied for a Tuition Aid Grant from the state's Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, or HESAA. Her state aid application was rejected, according to the ACLU, with the explanation that "her parents are not legal New Jersey residents."

American-born student denied N.J. tuition grant due to mom's immigration status | NJ.com

Boo freakin hoo. I am so tired of this bullshit. My kids cannot get financial aid in the state of PA because we are not legal residents there. That's the way it works kids. :evil:

The parents should be grateful they are not being deported. Instead they are suing. What a country!

No problem.......she will win!

Okay......what is wrong with this picture? The parents are here illegally......they went on the have children which this country accepts as anchor babies and ARE citizens of the USA......child grows up wants financial aid but is denied cause her parents are illegal???!!!! Talk about a contradiction!

I don't think she/they/them,, are interested in doing things the LEGAL way. I don't know why it is but illegals always think they should get something before the legal residents get it,, if they don't the old American Criminal Liberties Union is right there for them..

The student is not an Illegal Alien, she is a United States Citizen and since she graduated from a New Jersey High School, one would have to assume she is a NJ resident in all other respects.

The problem is she was denied grants based on her parents residency - which would be correct. I don't see logically how an Illegal Alien could be considered a legal resident when their presence is based on a violation of the law - hence the "Illegal" part of their status.

Now, since the parents are here illegally and should not be considered a legal resident while the student is a US citizen and would be considered a legal resident (s)he should have petitioned for a declaration of independence status (for college purposes) which would have removed the parents from being part of the consideration.

>>>>

Forum List

Back