Anchor babies are Americans too

They are Americans. Thier parents are not, and just b/c they have a baby on our soil, it doesn't mean they are not criminals, and doesn't mean they get to stay.

We still enforce the law. The family with or w/o the baby is sent back.

• Banned
They are Americans. Thier parents are not, and just b/c they have a baby on our soil, it doesn't mean they are not criminals, and doesn't mean they get to stay.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong, at least in practice.

btw, I'm ALL for tightening the border in a real and effective way. But going after the mothers of anchor babies is a foolish waste of money.

btw, I'm ALL for tightening the border in a real and effective way. But going after the mothers of anchor babies is a foolish waste of money.

I'm not wrong.

For a kid to be an anchor baby the mother has to be a criminal. There's no shady area on this.

Going after the mothers is easy, they are in hospitals, delivering or recovering. You pick them up there.

If you don't, we all pay for them the next 18 years, or if the racist group la raza gets thier way, we will pay for some to go through college.

It's far more cost effective to send them back.

• Banned

I'm not wrong.

For a kid to be an anchor baby the mother has to be a criminal. There's no shady area on this.

Going after the mothers is easy, they are in hospitals, delivering or recovering. You pick them up there.

If you don't, we all pay for them the next 18 years, or if the racist group la raza gets thier way, we will pay for some to go through college.

I didn't mean wrong academically. Wrong in that what you advocate is rarely practiced.

And I still say going after illegals already here is addressing the symptoms and not the root cause. The only real, long-term solution is to stop any more from coming in. I would focus 100% of manpower and resources on that.

• Banned

I'm not wrong.

I didn't mean wrong academically. Wrong in that what you advocate is rarely practiced.

And I still say going after illegals already here is addressing the symptoms and not the root cause. The only real, long-term solution is to stop any more from coming in. I would focus 100% of manpower and resources on that.

Ok, thanks.

If getting them at the hospital was done, we could weed out many of them.

Putting all resources at the border won't work b/c people make mistakes and many will still get through.

We need both prevention at the boarder and clean up in the streets.

To be sure I have no problem dealing with your ineffectual opinion on the matter. :lol:

Dealing with the truth...to bad so sad for you. :lol:

Your opinion, your 'truth.'

But still inconsistent with the facts. :cool:

What "fact" of your tital do you not understand? The meaning of "anchor baby" perhaps?

The fact is that anchor babies ARE American citizens.
The Fact is that the parents are illegals.

to bad so sad for you.

mmkay?

We need both prevention at the border and clean up in the streets.

I respectfully disagree. I think the treatment given to Cubans should apply universally. Is Mexico really that much of a better and different place to be than Cuba? I also believe that getting serious about border control would suffice.

Anchor Babies: Is Citizenship an Entitled Birthright?

"In 1994, Alma Meza Guitierrez traveled hundreds of miles with her
three year old son through Mexico and across the U.S. border in order
to reach her aunt and uncle's small apartment in San Diego. She lives
in squalid conditions in the apartment's kitchen, she does not speak
English and has little prospects for employment. Why would a 20-
year-old mother of one give up her life in Mexico to endure such
circumstances? Alma is pregnant and she, like thousands of other
women who enter the United States illegally each year, knows that
giving birth in the U.S. means her child will be an "anchor baby" and
granted U.S. citizenship
. For Alma, that means her child will immediately
qualify for a slew of federal, state and local benefit programs
In addition, when Alma's child turns 21, he can sponsor the immigration
of other members of the Guitierrez clan
."
"Born In the USA" San Diego Union-Tribune, Feb. 20, 1994.

Congressional action warranted:
The 14th Amendment stipulates that Congress has the power to enforce its provisions by enactment of legislation and the power to enforce a law is necessarily accompanied by the authority to interpret that law. Therefore, an act of Congress stating its interpretation of the 14th Amendment, as not to include the offspring of illegal aliens, would fall within Congress's prerogative.
Anchor Babies: Is Citizenship an Entitled Birthright?

Six more years that anchor baby can petition for other member of his or her family in immigrate. Chain migration.

Dealing with the truth...to bad so sad for you. :lol:

Your opinion, your 'truth.'

But still inconsistent with the facts. :cool:

What "fact" of your tital do you not understand? The meaning of "anchor baby" perhaps?

The fact is that anchor babies ARE American citizens.
The Fact is that the parents are illegals.

to bad so sad for you.

mmkay?

That doesn't make me sad at all.

Did you not say that parents of anchor babies 'should' be deported?

Do you not understand that this is a statement of opinion?

Do you not understand that parents of anchor babies are rarely deported?

If you can piece together these 'facts' perhaps you'll understand why they're inconsistent with your opinion. :lol:

Maybe you should read what was said in this thread by the right leaning poster before you condem that statement

We need both prevention at the border and clean up in the streets.

I respectfully disagree. I think the treatment given to Cubans should apply universally. Is Mexico really that much of a better and different place to be than Cuba? I also believe that getting serious about border control would suffice.

One place is a crap hole that they people don't want to fix, but can.

The other is a communist dictatorship where people are executed for not towing the line.

so yeah, there's a difference.

But anyone leaving Cuba now, should be sent back.

Forum List

Back