Anarchy

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
Defined: a theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government as a political ideal and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary association of individuals and groups as the principal mode of organized society.

I know the statists don't think it possible or workable. However, a stateless society is conceivable and far better than the state run society we have today.

Nothing has caused more death, suffering, and destruction than the state throughout human history. So, logically, why continue something so heinous?

There is NOTHING to fear from a stateless society. There is much to fear from a state run society.

...okay...now you can call me CRAZY!

PS. Anarchy is not synonymous with chaos.

I know the statists don't think it possible or workable. However, a stateless society is conceivable and far better than the state run society we have today.
I am FAR from a statist.

Anarchy is impossible, no matter how committed the people are. Power vacuums get filled, no matter what people do. There is no such thing as anarchy. Some form of political organization will emerge.

It's better to acknowledge that some form of government is a necessary and inevitable evil. Why not choose the government you prefer, rather than live in denial that such is inevitable, and end up with a bunch of warlords or (gulp) Allah forbid, COMMIES running everything.

Defined: a theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government as a political ideal and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary association of individuals and groups as the principal mode of organized society.
change that to involuntary association and you have communism.

Coercive state government is a relatively recent development, so it's hard to believe we can't do without it, or that there isn't a better way to live together as a society. But it would require some radical changes in our social mores and values.

Coercive state government is a relatively recent development, so it's hard to believe we can't do without it, or that there isn't a better way to live together as a society. But it would require some radical changes in our social mores and values.

Cluelessness-Venn-Diagram.jpg

Anarchy is synonymous with chaos. Always has been, always will be.

For the purposes of the thread, we're using the definition offered in the OP.

For the purposes of the thread, I used the definition offered by the OP.

No, you redefined it as "synonymous with chaos".

yes I did....because anarchy is synonymous with chaos...at least when you have more than 20 or 30 people.

Nothing has caused more death, suffering, and destruction than the state throughout human history. So, logically, why continue something so heinous?

There is NOTHING to fear from a stateless society. There is much to fear from a state run society.

You could be in an anarchist community, until the non-anarchist community came and took you over with force of arms..

Cluelessness-Venn-Diagram.jpg

You clearly aren't here to discuss the topic. Can't you find someone else to troll?

I strongly disagree. Tribal governing associations have been around for thousands of years. Why is it any different.

Governments always emerge. You can't stop it. It's human nature. It's like telling lions not to organize into prides. Humans naturally organize. A state is simply a more formal organization.

I strongly disagree. Tribal governing associations have been around for thousands of years. Why is it any different.

Governments always emerge. You can't stop it. It's human nature. It's like telling lions not to organize into prides. Humans naturally organize. A state is simply a more formal organization.

We're talking about doing without coercive state government, not all means of organizing society.

You could be in an anarchist community, until the non-anarchist community came and took you over with force of arms..

You seem to be assuming anarchists are pacifists. Why wouldn't they defend themselves? Why wouldn't they organize to defend themselves? Anarchy - as defined above - precludes none of this.

I agree with iamwhatiseem, anarchy will result in chaos or in someone filling the power vacuum.

Without any central governing body, in a society of any size, chaos is unavoidable, especially with today's society.

LOL

Geez, people just don't think this stuff through.

Anarchy is The Law of The Jungle. Personally, I would advocate it because I am one bad Son of a Bitch.

If I want what you got, your woman, your house, your food, I'll take it. If you are weak, disabled, and unable to defend yourself, NO SOUP FOR YOU.

Anarchy is Right Wing, Extreme Right Wing, but it would be too much freedom for people to handle.
Libertarianism would be a lot better.

We're talking about doing without coercive state government, not all means of organizing society.
Define a "coercive state government."

Even the most loosely organized societies have rules they enforce on each other (coercion). They don't tolerate unjust killing of each other.

Forum List

Back