Anarcho-communism

Round up a good number of like minded people[if you can find any] and give it a try out in the boonies somewhere. Oh, wait didnt the hippies try this[communes?] in the 60s and 70s? How many are left still going? not a one I would guess. sooner or later greed and power rears up its ugly head and pooof...no more. would never wark on a country wide basis even with outstanding drugs[see above] and free love:D

My feelings exactly ! Captialism is the natural evolution of economics. People can argue this fact as much as they desire. Let me ask them these simple question, has captialism not spread far more than any other economic system? Have corporations not grown larger and more international? Of course the answers are yes, simply because capitialism allows humans to express their true nature.

but capitalism is supposed to foster competition, right?

how do we continue to foster competition if a state wide company cannot compete with a nationwide, or global, company?

The US can compete, check out the productivity figures released today. I disagree strongly with the steel tariffs and hopefully they are coming off.

That doesn't change the protectionism of China for one, but we will have to keep working on that.

Economics 101, WHILE THE LARGE CO CALL DELIVER LARGE AMOUNTS OF PRODUCT.....IT IS THE SMALL CO THAT CALL THINK AN ITS FEET AND CHANGE QUICKLY TO SUIT THE MARKETS WANTS AND NEEDS BUT ON A SMALL SCALE... CREATING DEMAND YADA YADA YADA... TO ANSWER YOU ?.... WHO'S TO SAY THEY CANT?

The US can compete, check out the productivity figures released today.

I was referring to a small company that, say is based here in texas, able to compete with walmart or some other global company. If walmart can get things from somewhere cheaper because they can buy larger amounts, what does the smaller company do to compete? they can't and eventually are run out of business.

Economics 101, WHILE THE LARGE CO CALL DELIVER LARGE AMOUNTS OF PRODUCT.....IT IS THE SMALL CO THAT CALL THINK AN ITS FEET AND CHANGE QUICKLY TO SUIT THE MARKETS WANTS AND NEEDS BUT ON A SMALL SCALE... CREATING DEMAND YADA YADA YADA... TO ANSWER YOU ?.... WHO'S TO SAY THEY CANT?

I can see that working on the manufacturing side of things, mostly. What about the service or sales side?

What the small companies have always had and will continue to have is flexibility. The Walmarts can make a practice of 'buying American' or exploiting illegals, or whatever. The small companies can turn on a dime, usually one person can make a decision to change policy. That's why the small business can become a Walmart or Microsoft. Only here and so far for the past 200+ years.

but capitalism is supposed to foster competition, right?
how do we continue to foster competition if a state wide company cannot compete with a nationwide, or global, company?

This is where you do not understand business. The company I run is in competition with national and even international companies, yet we are prospering. We use our weakness as strenghts. They are slow, we are fast. They have tons of red tape, and multilayered departments to go through to get anything done, we have a flexible system that allows us to fulfill our clients needs. The point is, as I have said in other posts, you have to think outside the box, and if you can do that, then you can give these monsters a run for their money. You may never grow to reach their heights but who cares if your bank account is full of money. This is capitalism, not how big your company is, but how profitable!

Hey Eric, We are in agreement! I don't think we've disagreed with anything so far.

Not a problem. Sorry I complained, as my keyboard acts very weird at times.

Originally posted by obviousman
Am I the only one who feels like the theory of anarcho-communism is awesome. It's application though is never been successful. I've always wondered why not. The biggest thing I could come up with is that it puts to much trust in the fact that humans would work for the good of others. I would love to hear everyone's opinion on the political theory. And why it doesn't work when applied. Or maybe if someone has another type of government they like feel free to post it.
communism was intentionaly destroyed by the bolshevik jews. there will never be a communism that works under jews. for they have taken love and god out of the equation and murdered off all of GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE. THE CHRISTIANS.

100 MILLION DEAD. ANOTHER 25 MILLION DEAD BY WAR.

FUCK COMMUNISM

As a teen I wanted to 'buck the parents', so I read a lot of Marx, Emerson, Thoreau. I came away from that thinking that Marx, contrary to my parents' point of view, was not only in line with my Catholic upbringing, but very contrary to my parents' political beliefs. The theories of existentialism were just 'too trite. 'Perfect!

I could not only come off as morally superior, but make them out intellectually to be hypocrites. What more could a 17 year old want?

By the time I was 20, I was the U of I campus leader for Jim Thompson, then the GOP incumbent for governor. Unfortunately, I could see the problems with communism, regardless of how my arguments might overwhelm my tuition-paying, high school graduate parents.

Bottom line, while great in reading and theory, the leaders were human. They skimmed and helped relatives and friends, every bit as much as the middle age lords. They like the idea of serfs even more.

I recommend you read "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal" by Ayn Rand. On the surface you may find this hard to swallow, but Ayn will prove to you that Capitalism is the only truly moral system to have ever existed. Ayn wrote, "It is the basic, metaphysical fact of man's nature--the connection between his survival and his use of reason--that captialism recognizes and protects." I just love that woman.

I've read much of Rand's works, including your suggestion. I agree with or influenced somewhat, it certainly accounts for much of my libertarian tendencies, but find her a bit too optomistic at times. Just IMHO.

Forum List

Back