Anarchist Defeats Minarchist in New Hampshire Election

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
When Ward 5 of Manchester, New Hampshire, elected a delegate to the state legislature this month, its voters rejected a Republican from the Free State Project who favors a minimal government. Instead they picked Tim O'Flaherty, a Democrat from the Free State Project who favors the abolition of government altogether. In the words of the Manchester Union-Leader: "O'Flaherty ran against a fellow Free Stater, housemate Dan Garthwaite, whom O'Flaherty called a statist."

Dear non-libertarians of Ward 5: This is how we feel when the major parties cough up Romney and Obama.

Anarchist Defeats Minarchist in New Hampshire Election - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Interesting.

Ward 5 is Keene, New Hampshire. I've read Keene is the epicenter of the more radical wing of the FreeState movement, more anarchists than traditional Libertarians.

In any case, voting for the limited government guy or the REALLY limited government guy is a problem I wish I had.

When Ward 5 of Manchester, New Hampshire, elected a delegate to the state legislature this month, its voters rejected a Republican from the Free State Project who favors a minimal government. Instead they picked Tim O'Flaherty, a Democrat from the Free State Project who favors the abolition of government altogether. In the words of the Manchester Union-Leader: "O'Flaherty ran against a fellow Free Stater, housemate Dan Garthwaite, whom O'Flaherty called a statist."

Dear non-libertarians of Ward 5: This is how we feel when the major parties cough up Romney and Obama.

Interesting.

Wow, I might just apply for a voluntary position with his office.
And offer to print my own money to pay for my own salary!

Interesting.

Wow, I might just apply for a voluntary position with his office.
And offer to print my own money to pay for my own salary!

Have fun.

Ward 5 is Keene, New Hampshire. I've read Keene is the epicenter of the more radical wing of the FreeState movement, more anarchists than traditional Libertarians.

In any case, voting for the limited government guy or the REALLY limited government guy is a problem I wish I had.

I liked the part where the anarchist called the minarchist a statist. :lol:

Interesting.

Ironic, Running to be elected to serve in government, on a platform of Abolishing Government.

Interesting.

Ironic, Running to be elected to serve in government, on a platform of Abolishing Government.

Why should the statists have all the fun?

Forum List

Back