Anarchism

David2004

Jan 15, 2004
Anarchism

How the people in the anarchism movement maybe hurting the cause they are fighting for. The people who are working for major changes in the system need to keep several things in mind. For one you will not gain the support of those people who are apart of the mainstream fringe that are sympathetic to your struggle by scaring them away. The best analogy to this point is found in the pro-life verses pro-choice movement. The pro-life movement has tried to paint the pro-choice movement with a pro-abortion brush. If the pro-choice movement took on a pro-abortion tone they would lose many mainstream supporters from the pro-choice movement. Your opponent will try to move your side of the movement to the outside of the mainstream making them look more mainstream.

The right wing movement has been rather successful in moving the left wing movement out of the mainstream. They have done this by demonizing the left wing movement with the unconditional support of the political and corporate infrastructure for they are the ones under attack. It is politically acceptable for the right-wingers to declare a revolution but if the left-wingers declare a revolution it is considered to be unpatriotic, a threat to our national security, even treason.

In the eyes of many of the people in the world the extremists are going to be in side Madison Square Garden at the Republican Convention. There will be a few people outside on the streets performing acts of civil disobedience getting the majority of the mass media coverage while tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people will be standing up in protest. With the vast majority of people protesting being from mainstream America with their voice never heard. The mass media will only cover the extremist acts of violence outside making those inside Madison Square Garden more moderate. While those inside have a higher allegiance to the Republican Party than their nation.

David2004 said:
Anarchism

The right wing movement has been rather successful in moving the left wing movement out of the mainstream. They have done this by demonizing the left wing movement with the unconditional support of the political and corporate infrastructure for they are the ones under attack. It is politically acceptable for the right-wingers to declare a revolution but if the left-wingers declare a revolution it is considered to be unpatriotic, a threat to our national security, even treason.

So it is now the fault of conservatives that the ultra-left is not mainstream. I almost wish that were true. If the right had the power to marginalize the left to such an extent, we would have kicked their sorry asses in every election since '92.

But it would be ethically incorrect to claim credit for doing to the left that which they have managed to do all on their own.

Merlin1047 said:
So it is now the fault of conservatives that the ultra-left is not mainstream. I almost wish that were true. If the right had the power to marginalize the left to such an extent, we would have kicked their sorry asses in every election since '92.

But it would be ethically incorrect to claim credit for doing to the left that which they have managed to do all on their own.

it would be more correct in stating that the right has effectively labeled anyone left of center equal to the ultra left. Therefore in a sense, he's correct in saying that the left has been marginalized by the right. Granted, they had alot of help from the ultra left in doing so.

The word anarchism suggests "Throwing out the baby with the bath water". This is not or should not be accepted by the majority of the people. The majority of the people whether on the right, left or center would agree that we have great problems in our nation and the world today. It is the manner and priority in how we solve these problems that the disagreements arise. Many people in America feel that we have become a two party Republic where the politicians in the federal level are one of the same. By the time you get either parties endorsement for President you are bought and paid for by the special interest groups that are polluting our political system.

Common sense will bring you closer to the truth that the propaganda produced by the American mass media. It is safer and more profitable to serve the self-interests of a few powerful interests than to tell the truth. For things to get better in this nation and the world today, a lot of deep soul searching must take place by a lot of people. The basic premise of what is right and wrong is easily understood. Too often it is made out to be black or white when in reality there are many different shades. It is these varying degrees of right and wrong over time that blur the picture to the truth.

Many people on both sides see us heading in the wrong direction with great problems ahead the way we are going. The answers from our political leaders are not addressing our problems ahead. Without major changes things are only going to get worst. In a democracy the people are responsible for the actions of their government. It is time for more Americans to an active interest in a responsible way in our government policies here and abroad. We have to save the baby getting rid of the toxic water the people of the world are counting on it.

DKSuddeth said:
it would be more correct in stating that the right has effectively labeled anyone left of center equal to the ultra left. Therefore in a sense, he's correct in saying that the left has been marginalized by the right. Granted, they had alot of help from the ultra left in doing so.

No, the media has done a good job of making it look like that is how the conservatives operate, when it is not.

Look at the various positions being presented at the RNC Convention and compare it to the DNC Convention. Then notice how the media is making it look like this is the FIRST time the RNC has ever allowed dissenting views. Hell, even Cheney's position on gay marriage is different than the president's, but Cheney realizes, as others do, that even within the Republican Party we all are not always going to agree with each other 100%. The left seems to think that for there to be harmony, we ALL HAVE to think like them.

The Republican Party has ALWAYS been more open and inclusive. It is just the Democrats and the media have done a better job of making us look more exclusive. Hell, even most black Americans didn't start voting for or supporting Democrats until FDR.

freeandfun1 said:
No, the media has done a good job of making it look like that is how the conservatives operate, when it is not.

Look at the various positions being presented at the RNC Convention and compare it to the DNC Convention. Then notice how the media is making it look like this is the FIRST time the RNC has ever allowed dissenting views. Hell, even Cheney's position on gay marriage is different than the president's, but Cheney realizes, as others do, that even within the Republican Party we all are not always going to agree with each other 100%. The left seems to think that for there to be harmony, we ALL HAVE to think like them.

The Republican Party has ALWAYS been more open and inclusive. It is just the Democrats and the media have done a better job of making us look more exclusive. Hell, even most black Americans didn't start voting for or supporting Democrats until FDR.

Are you lumping Rush, Coulter, Sean Hannity, and all the other conservative pundits out there with the rest of the 'elite liberal media'?

How many years have YOU been taking anything remotely left of center and lumping it all in as 'liberal' or leftist? It's been happening for years now and you know it. It's the same thing as the democrats trying to lump all conservatives as having no compassion for the unemployed, no consideration for those on welfare, etc....It's not true on either side, but both sides have been doing it.

How many years have YOU been taking anything remotely left of center and lumping it all in as 'liberal' or leftist? It's been happening for years now and you know it. It's the same thing as the democrats trying to lump all conservatives as having no compassion for the unemployed, no consideration for those on welfare, etc....It's not true on either side, but both sides have been doing it.
I agree. It really has been going both ways for a while.

dilloduck said:
and I will always in my heart blame ALGORE for giving this polarization a huge push downhill. :321:

I'd back it up even further, like newt, ken starr, and a democratic party not impeaching.

DKSuddeth said:
I'd back it up even further, like newt, ken starr, and a democratic party not impeaching.

Not sure what you meant by that statement.

What did Newt do to polarize? And please don't reply with, "you don't know". Please be specific. I hear this all the time and all I see is a man that tried to keep his promises to the American People that he made in his "Contract with America". I know the left likes to call it the "Contract on America", but let's be honest. Sometimes doing the right thing is not popular or painless.

Ken Starr - the democrats created the roll that Starr filled. Clinton did lie and his admin put a lot of people in jail for doing exactly what he did.

The democrats should have just told Clinton to admit his fault and move on. He is the one that made it go as far as he did by not wanting to accept responsibility for his actions. The office of the presidency and it's position in our political system is much more important than the person sitting in the office. Therefore, in my opinion, those that voted for impeachment did the right thing. They had to do it to keep uphold the morals of the office and demonstrate to future presidents that we hold the office of the presidency to a higher standard.

What did Newt do to polarize? And please don't reply with, "you don't know". Please be specific. I hear this all the time and all I see is a man that tried to keep his promises to the American People that he made in his "Contract with America".

As far as the 'contract with america' newt did fine. What newt DID do is continually push towards the independent investigatin for no other reason than to harass an opposing party president. The end result was a land deal investigation went nowhere but turned up an adulterous affair. Thats how Newt polarized. The dems did just as bad by protecting a lying president. Thats why I back it up to them.

DKSuddeth said:
As far as the 'contract with america' newt did fine. What newt DID do is continually push towards the independent investigatin for no other reason than to harass an opposing party president. The end result was a land deal investigation went nowhere but turned up an adulterous affair. Thats how Newt polarized. The dems did just as bad by protecting a lying president. Thats why I back it up to them.

Thanks for the clarification.

Anarchism isn't a movement. They have no organization, therefore they cannot succeed. Some of them have meetings and organized protests, sure, but true anarchists don't believe in such things. Anarchy cannot be realistically achieved, as there must always be a heirarchy. It is the way we're made.

The whole right/left thing has lost all perspective. The culture and government have moved so far left that we no longer recognize the center. What most consider "center" is so far left that the founders would wonder what happened to thier America. Most of what is considered "far-right" by the mainstream media is the true center, as it is based on what the founders originally intended. The true far-right are facists, racists, religious fanatics and other lunatics harmful to freedom. The "conservative movement" is lumped in with them in pop culture. The left is just as maniacal but accepted since they are the remnants of the '60s era, the golden age of liberalism. The mainstream press is extremely liberal. If the members of the mainstream press were a city, it would be more liberal than Berkely, CA (according to a poll of press members' political affiliations).

popefumanchu said:
Anarchism isn't a movement. They have no organization, therefore they cannot succeed. Some of them have meetings and organized protests, sure, but true anarchists don't believe in such things.

I would hate to be the person to take roll call at an anarchy meeting. :teeth:

David. The left needs no help or distortion from right wingers to go outside the mainstream; they're radical enough without our assistance . I do agree with you that all the "anarchists" are morons though.

Forum List

Back