Analyst: Microsoft Shares Could Rise 22%

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
NEW YORK (AP) -- Microsoft Corp.'s shares could climb as much as 22 percent in the near term, an Oppenheimer & Co. analyst said Friday in a report on the software maker's 2009 earnings projections.

The analyst, Brad Reback, wrote to investors that based on conservative earnings projections for the coming calendar year, Microsoft's stock could jump as much as $4 from its $17.53 closing price Thursday.

In the worst case scenario, Reback said, shares could fall by $1. He raised his rating on Microsoft to "Outperform" from "Perform."

Reback pointed out that the high end of his price target would have Microsoft trading for only 10 times his $2.12 per share estimate for 2009. That estimate is roughly in line with analyst expectations, according to polling by Thomson Reuters.

Story here:

I installed Windows Xp and Office 2003 from bittorrent (free). New computer runs Linux with Sun office version. MS is USSA.

Microsoft is dirt cheap. It throws off $2 a share in free cash flow, giving it a 10% free cash flow yield. I was trying to buy it all last week but was restricted from doing so because my organization has been buying it.

I find it funny, because it's still going down. If you want to buy I won't try to convince you not to, but I wouldn't trust this prediction. MS has been on a constant downfall in usage since Bill left the company in the hands of that new moron in charge, and until someone more like Bill takes the reigns again it won't likely start climbing.

You may find it funny, but the reality is the market doesn't react solely to such tangible things.

Shoot, just look what happened to Apple stock with just a rumor that Steve Jobs was sick.

You may find it funny, but the reality is the market doesn't react solely to such tangible things.

Shoot, just look what happened to Apple stock with just a rumor that Steve Jobs was sick.

True, but it's a dream I like to hold to, maybe some day the economy and corporations will abide by reality again.

Forum List

Back