Analysis: House vote against bailout wounds McCain

It was 96 DEMOCRATS IN THE house that blocked this bill from passing. You're probably right, there are some very stupid people in this country. And guess who they're supporting? The "messiah"--Barack Obama.

Hey--maybe he'll phone in a solution to this problem!

Last edited:
I kind of doubt that.

It was 96 DEMOCRATS IN THE house that blocked this bill from passing.

Just going to keep those fingers in your ears Oreo and ignore all those republicans who blocked it?

2/3 of the Dems voted for it.

Republicans have been reminding me of a 5 year old throwing a tantrum in public all day today ...

:iagree:

Can't imagine if this thing actually passed though. Republicans would be praising John McCain as the greatest thing since sliced bread. :eusa_whistle:

Just going to keep those fingers in your ears Oreo and ignore all those republicans who blocked it?

2/3 of the Dems voted for it.

Democrats did not need Republicans to pass this bill. Democrats have the majority in the congress & senate.

96 DEMOCRATS BLOCKED THIS BILL--Nancy Pelosi--democrat house leader only needed to convince 11 of them to change their minds to move this bill forward. SHE FAILED.

Prior to the vote, on this supposedly bi-partisan bill--house leader Nancy Pelosi gave a 5 minute partisan-hateful--finger pointing speech directed at republicans & President Bush. I don't know how she expected to win any new republicans over with that. In fact, after the speech--I am frankly surprised she got 2/3 of republicans to vote for this bill.

One thing is for certain:

We now know how BO is going to handle that 3 a.m. phone call.
He is going to have someone else answer it.

if by weaker you mean with less partisan bull slipped into it...

then yes I agree. Until then..I doubt any bill will be passed.

so much extra food when all I really want are the meat and potatoes

A smaller number than 700 billion and more restrictions on banks per the democrats.

A smaller number than 700 billion and more restrictions on banks per the democrats.

Democrats already blew it, they were the ones with the very liberal agenda that said everyone deserves homeownership--regardless of their ability to pay the loan back.

How about Newt Gingrich's plan--Lower capital gains to 0--eliminate the market to market & do a 3 month roll-over & let the markets fix themselves.
Along with an insurance plan that protects the tax-payers of this country, while we're LOANING money at 2-3% to financials in trouble.

Why would we give 700 billion dollars to the same people that screwed this up in the first place. Meaning our congress. Giving one single man the job of valuing these properties for purchase. You know darn well we'll be paying 3 times what they're worth. Plus we have no guarantees that this will work.

As we have already seen--all our other bail-outs have NOT done diddly.

At least we know now how Obama will react to that 3 a.m. phone call. He'll have someone else answer it.

Last edited:
Republicans have been reminding me of a 5 year old throwing a tantrum in public all day today ...

Apparently along with 96 house democrats that also told Nancy Pelosi to take a very long hike! This after she stated repeatedly that this bill would pass. My God what a leader you have in her!

Apparently along with 96 house democrats that also told Nancy Pelosi to take a very long hike! This after she stated repeatedly that this bill would pass. My God what a leader you have in her!

Once again.

Fact. The democrats promised 140 votes.

Fact. The democrats delivered.

Once again.

Fact. The American people didn't want it.

Fact. Some Congress members voted their conscience, for once.

Fact. Bush and Pelosi were in favor of this bill, so it must have been bad.

Once again.

Yes and the dems, who could have stepped up and done something to show true leadership and courage could have passed the bill. The fact is that they didn't want the vote to be anything but an equal amount of dems and reps. so that any blame could be spread evenly and not fall squarely on their shoulders.

That is not leadership. Maybe that's why the congress has an even lower rating than GW.

if this was such a great bill, why didnt the democrats pass it all on their own so they could take full credit for it and beat the GOP up side the head with it?
hmmmmmm?

if this was such a great bill, why didnt the democrats pass it all on their own so they could take full credit for it and beat the GOP up side the head with it?
hmmmmmm?

If it was such a terrible bill then why are the republicans laying the blame at Pelosi's partisan speech as the reason they didn't vote for it?

Yes and the dems, who could have stepped up and done something to show true leadership and courage could have passed the bill. The fact is that they didn't want the vote to be anything but an equal amount of dems and reps. so that any blame could be spread evenly and not fall squarely on their shoulders.

That is not leadership. Maybe that's why the congress has an even lower rating than GW.

The idea was for it to be passed in a bipartisan manner.

Either Pelosi killed the bill with her speech or republicans reneged on the previous agreement to pass the bill.

You guys can't have your cake and eat it too ...

Fact. The American people didn't want it.

Fact. Some Congress members voted their conscience, for once.

Fact. Bush and Pelosi were in favor of this bill, so it must have been bad.

I agree with what you've said here ...

Forum List

Back