Analysis: Democrats self-destructing over ethics

You should be thankful that Palin didn't get elected, she has tax troubles, too. Imagine, someone with tax troubles a heart beat away from the presidency.

*shudder*

btw, KYMAN, who sends out the daily talking points these days?

You should be thankful that Palin didn't get elected, she has tax troubles, too. Imagine, someone with tax troubles a heart beat away from the presidency.

*shudder*

Ravi - Just FYI, you can save time by not replying to my posts... I have put you in the jillian and booboo category as someone who doesn't add anything intelligent to these threads...

I will not be responding to you any longer.... Thanks.

*shudder*

Yeah that was really her worst flaw, right? :razz:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3dkiWncf2k&feature=related]YouTube - Fox's O'Reilly: Sarah Palin unaware Africa was a continent[/ame]
(last bit of the first video)And you are worried about Obama spending? If can't control her own spending, then how exactly should she be able to control the spending of this nation?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lERexJBySEI]YouTube - Sarah Palin Tina Fey. Can you tell the difference? Must See![/ame]

*shudder*

Ravi - Just FYI, you can save time by not replying to my posts... I have put you in the jillian and booboo category as someone who doesn't add anything intelligent to these threads...

I will not be responding to you any longer.... Thanks.
You're welcome. I'll continue to respond to you regardless because your continual chimping for the Republicans amuses me greatly.

Sorry you were unable to answer the question I posed.

*shudder*

Yeah that was really her worst flaw, right? :razz:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3dkiWncf2k&feature=related]YouTube - Fox's O'Reilly: Sarah Palin unaware Africa was a continent[/ame]
(last bit of the first video)And you are worried about Obama spending? If can't control her own spending, then how exactly should she be able to control the spending of this nation?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lERexJBySEI]YouTube - Sarah Palin Tina Fey. Can you tell the difference? Must See![/ame]

Ummmm 57 states ? When FDR went on TV in 1929 ?

you get the picture ...

*shudder*

And yes.. Palin has a tax 'issue' that is in the open now that the per diem situation has been clarified... but not anywhere in the same ballpark as the other political tax issues we have seen come out

*shudder*

Palin's tax issue is one that is arguable. The per diem is used in place of itemizing expenses while she would be away on business. Being home is not necessarily being on business, however, the Governor is always on-call and can be considered to be working, same as the President is. When she is away from the governor's mansion, she is away from home, even if she is at her second home.

I can see both sides of this. In any case, this is not something she did to evade paying her taxes. The only question now is whether or not she fights it. It would probably cost her more to fight it than just to pay them.

Ummmm 57 states ? When FDR went on TV in 1929 ?

you get the picture ...

That doesn't compare, the comment of the 57 states is a one time (he already said in speeches before that there are 50 states, this takes out the possibility that he said this out of ignorance) mistake at a time the guy was tired.

The other comment is one I haven't even noticed.

Even little kids know that africa is not a country, that is a mistake that shouldn't even be made by a mayor or a governor because it is part of the most basic education that people should have had when they leave school. If you took this woman serious as a presidential candidate then it says a lot about your judgement. How is she going to meet the african leaders if she doesn't know that the government of Africa (the country that exists in her mind) doesn't exist, that is just pathetic.

Oh my goodness!

Why, it's almost as though POWER CORRUPTS!

Why it's almost as though THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HOW THESE PARTIES BOTH GET THEIR MONEY WERE SO SIMILAR AS TO NOT BE MEANINGFULLY DIFFERENT.

Who'da thunk?

Why.. everyone here thought that the DEMoCRATIC PARTY was completely devoid of grasping men and women who approach every bill in Congress as an opportunity to make friends of the master class which pulls every string that makes that shadow-puppet theater in our capitals (Federal state and local) that we call government entertaining

Thank you ever so much for pointing out our obvious errors in judgement.

So...can we now all agree that Mark Twain was right when he quipped:

America has no natural criminal class...
..except Congress!

Or is our fondness for taking partisan political sides and pretending that the opposition players on this board are clueless still more important to us than our national welfare generally?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I can see both sides of this. In any case, this is not something she did to evade paying her taxes. The only question now is whether or not she fights it. It would probably cost her more to fight it than just to pay them.
Her office stepped forward and asked for clarification on the issue. Two things might be assumed from that: (1) she wanted to pay up and (2) undo any harm confusion of that issue might do later.

In Alaska, travel is a really big part of getting a job done, like being governor. Only her haters are going to be caught up in this per diem issue and the ambiguous Africa comment that they like to make so much of.

*shudder*

Palin's tax issue is one that is arguable. The per diem is used in place of itemizing expenses while she would be away on business. Being home is not necessarily being on business, however, the Governor is always on-call and can be considered to be working, same as the President is. When she is away from the governor's mansion, she is away from home, even if she is at her second home.

Trouble is, they were paying for her groceries while she was at home. Kind of stupid, really, but these mistakes are common. I don't hold it against her any more than I hold Geitner's tax problems against him. Or that woman that had to step down because of an even smaller issue.

I do have a problem with people that only want to hold one side accountable, however.

*shudder*

Trouble is, they were paying for her groceries while she was at home. Kind of stupid, really, but these mistakes are common. I don't hold it against her any more than I hold Geitner's tax problems against him. Or that woman that had to step down because of an even smaller issue.

I do have a problem with people that only want to hold one side accountable, however.

Well THAT would be BOTH PARTIES rav... can't deny that.

I wouldn't trust ANY politician any further than I could throw them.

There are plenty of completely honest politicians.

They're just hardly ever elected into office.

There are plenty of completely honest politicians.

They're just hardly ever elected into office.

First, show me one. Second, then PROVE he/she is "completely honest," and I don't mean just because they haven't been caught "yet."

*shudder*

And yes.. Palin has a tax 'issue' that is in the open now that the per diem situation has been clarified... but not anywhere in the same ballpark as the other political tax issues we have seen come out

DD - It's pointless to argue with these people they don't understand... That's why I didn't respond... He would point to some other off the wall thing that has nothing to do with the original post.... That's the liberal tactic... argue the point, when you are beat, move to another issue....

Forum List

Back