An unexplained plumbing mystery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaggieMae, Apr 29, 2011.

1. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Just before 2PM today, I was walking the short distance from my den/office to the kitchen and stepped into a pool of water about the size a half-gallon of spilled water would make.

I backtracked a few feet to the bathroom, and there was nothing overrunning or leaking there.

Stepping over the water in the small hall and into the kitchen, the water seemed to have started around one corner of the refrigerator, which is next to the dishwasher, which is next to the kitchen sink. There was no pooling or overflow in either of those, so I zeroed in on something leaking from the frig, although both the main unit as well as the freezer were both running at normal temperature levels.

So I called the maintenance man, who pulled out the frig. Again, no water beneath the frig. He even unscrewed the entire backing and again could find no leak.

Nothing was leaking from the ceiling, and no water coming up through the floor. It hadn't rained since yesterday (and I would have noticed before now, if it had been caused by rain).

We're both stumped.

I'm curious if anyone here has any building construction or plumbing experience that might explain this phenomena. Without one, I have to conclude that I have a friendly ghost who likes to play tricks.

2. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Have you watched The Ring???

Don't.

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Better get to the hospital because it sounds like your water broke.

4. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    I've seen it. I do believe in paranormal activity, and like most people, I've had experiences that seem other-worldly, but this is one where two people saw the same thing at the same time, and so far it can't just be filed away in "There's probably a simple explanation" box.

5. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Maggie, it wasn't a documentary.

6. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    And before I posted it, I did expect the comedians to arrive in full force. Patrick (maintenance guy) and I were joking around as to what it could be: Like "Looks like I drank a quart, passed out, then peed before I made it to the bathroom!" Hahaha, but no. Sleepwalking? No. It was the middle of the day. It doesn't smell like urine, doesn't smell like beer, and my water jug has the same amount in it that it did earlier this morning, so I didn't black out and pour water on the floor myself.

7. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Did you drop some ice cubes on the floor last night and either didn't notice or just forgot?

8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I would say get the fuck away from it until someone figures out what it is and where it came from. Who knows what they're doing upstairs; chemicals can do some freaky shit.

9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    most likely condensation on the bowl or tank.....that is why you cant find the source of the leak

10. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Or it's freon.