An unconventional article on Software Piracy

Ahh trying to rationalize theft. Not very interesting.

That is not what he is doing, he is pointing out the absurdity of going after the thieves by making your software harder to use. I know people that have legitimate copies of Windows who have had then deactivated because Microsoft implemented DRM and screwed up. There are two ways for an intelligent person to react to being told something they spent hard earned money on no longer works because other people stole copies of it. Neither of them involve going out and spending more money to buy another copy of the product.

Believe it or not, there are some companies that understand that.

Ericsson Recognizes That 'Piracy' Isn't The Problem, But A Symptom Of Failed Business Models | Techdirt

Friends don't let friends use proprietary software.
SalineOS, Debian and Mint mi amigos. The rest is bullshit.( Mac aint bad but their hardware sux)

Stealing software is a failed business model?

I stand by my first statement.

LOL one of you even looks like a Pirate.

Obviously you didn't read it though I'm not so sure I completely agree with the second article's premise, aspects of it but not the whole premise.

The first article, if you had taken the time to read it, was a no nonsense assessment of software piracy and protections while also taking an unavoidable negative and showing the potential positives that can be derived. Any good, realistic security assessment will do that and that's something I am familiar with.

Ahh trying to rationalize theft. Not very interesting.
It's good to be robbed! That's how I read it too.

Are you a business man or an employee? That is the difference in understanding the author's intent.

It is a simple cost/benefit analysis of the situation. Rather than trying to prevent piracy you should sell customer service, and make sure that it only goes to people who actually own a legitimate copy of your software.

Are you a business man or an employee? That is the difference in understanding the author's intent.

It is a simple cost/benefit analysis of the situation. Rather than trying to prevent piracy you should sell customer service, and make sure that it only goes to people who actually own a legitimate copy of your software.

Exactly. What are they offering, what are the options based on the risks, what are the associative positives and negatives will all available options. It's called big picture thinking hence my businessman/employee statement, employees generally tend not to look at the big picture, hell most can't even see past their own nose.

Bunch of fucking thieves, but let's face it ... the internet(s) are filled with techno-libertarians who believe in less government controls and a supposedly 'free' market.

file:///C:/Users/Valued%20Customer/Desktop/Obama%20Urgency%20of%20Now/Wage%20and%20Price%20Controls/Free_market.htm
Laissez-faire economics
Main article: Laissez-faire economics

The necessary components for the functioning of an idealized free market include the complete absence of artificial price pressures from taxes, subsidies, tariffs, or government regulation (other than protection from coercion and theft), and no government-granted monopolies (usually classified as coercive monopoly by free-market advocates) like the United States Post Office, Amtrak, patents, etc.

Why would one need custcmer service for a good software package?
to be sold on top of the purchase price of the software?

Tationalizations on top of rationalizarions. The pirates are flying their colors on here.

Forum List

Back