An Unbiased Poll With obama DOWN... BIG...

We can make it interesting if you have the 'nads for it:

I have this bet already with Tea Party Samurai

If Obama wins, you change your sig line to, "All hail President Obama, your President, my President, our President."

If Governor Romney wins, I change my sig line to, ""All hail President Romney, your President, my President, our President."

Blue font, bold face, size 3.

And we each agree to leave it there until 1/1/13.

Do we have a deal? :deal:
Well, where you at boy?

Man, I'd love to see a whole bunch of these bets. I wonder why there have been so few, especially given the amount of people already taking their victory lap.

Gosh, I wonder...

Because the chest thumpers on the right refuse to put anything on the line other than hot air.

They've been challenged over and over and over when they get like this but when push comes to shove they almost always refuse to accept the wager.

It speaks volumes about their confidence heading into the election.

Romney is done for.

I've belonged to a polling site called YouGov for a few years now. They send me a poll about once a week and the polls will cover just about anything political to social to commercial. About two months ago they started a page for a personal profile and for all the YouGov members to interact and give personal ratings and opinions of any and all public and political figures. I would say that YouGov is as good of a NON BIASED, cross section of America as one can get, so the results of this page are not tainted by an agenda. It is simply the members of YouGov freely giving their opinion, and oh what an opinion it is. It has obama down by don't like and really don't likes, to like and really likes by 5274 to 3219. That's getting close to a TWO TO ONE MARGIN AGAINST obama. I think it's safe to say that yes, obama will lose the election in November. The only question left is how bad will he get his ass kicked?

yougov.jpg

you're not fooling anyone, pole

:lol:

Romney has slipped in the polls and his candidacy did not receive the shot in the arm he needed from the conventions

Romney needed to establish himself as the answer to our political and economic problems. He failed and is farther away than when he started

Obama is going to lose a landslide just like Carter did to Reagan. He knows it, the party knows it, and the liberal hacks here know it.

No president has ever been re-elected with unemployment above 7%. Obama has never been below 8%. Game Over.

Hey moron. Look at FDR's numbers. You're a total idiot.

Ummm...:D Reagan's unemployment numbers were in the mid sevens around election time in 1984.

Did you read what the lawsuits are about?

The Department of Justice on Wednesday joined a lawsuit against Gallup after a whistle-blower alleged the organization overcharged the government for polling services.

The whistle-blower lawsuit, filed by a former Gallup employee, claims the firm gave the government inflated estimates for polling services and made federal agencies pay far more than what Gallup’s internal estimates called for, the DOJ announced.

At this stage (around September 11) in the polls, Republican candidates are generally behind. Reagan was substantially behind Carter. George H.W. Bush was 20 points behind Dukakis. It was virtually a dead heat in September 2000 between Bush and Gore. In 2004, with memories of 9/11 being run on TV, Bush was ahead of Kerry by 10 pts, but the gap rapidly closed to a statistical dead heat by late October.

All this is to say that the polling reflects people's gut feelings at any given point in time and are widely influenced by the demographics polled as well as the time of day the poll is taken, but the polls very often do not translate to election results, most especially this far out from the election.

Look at just about any news story on ANY website that has some form of "comments" section at the bottom of the page after the story, and you will ALSO see that the comments left AGAINST obama run about TEN TO ONE AGAINST.

Anyone at this point that thinks obama has a snowballs chance in HELL of being reelected is just lying to themselves, pure and simple. Thank God the majority of people that were DUPED by the lying fuck the first time around have wised up.
I did just that--(read comments) and picked up on this one by W.F. about the recent DNC Convention:

2012 Democratic National Convention Schedule -- Charlotte , N.C. 4:00 PM – Opening Flag Burning Ceremony – sponsored by CNN 4:05 PM – Singing of "God Damn America " led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright 4:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama. 4:15 PM – Ceremonial 'I Hate America' led by Michelle Obama. 4:30 PM – Tips on “How to keep your man trustworthy & true to you while you travel the world” – Hillary Clinton 4:45 PM –Al Sharpton / Jesse Jackson seminar “How to have a successful career without having a job.” 5:00 PM – “Great Vacations I’ve Taken on the Taxpayer’s Dime” - Michelle Obama. 5:30 PM – Eliot Spitzer Speaks on "Family Values" via Satellite 5:45 PM – Tribute to All 57 States – Nancy Pelosi 6:00 PM – Sen. Harry Reid - 90-minute speech expressing the Democrat’s appreciation of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and their sponsor George Soros.8:30 PM – Airing of Grievances by the Clintons 9:00 PM – “Bias in Media – How we can make it work for you”. Tutorial – sponsored by CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times 9:15 PM – Tribute Film to Brave Freedom Fighters incarcerated at GITMO – Michael Moore 9:45 PM – Personal Finance Seminar - Charlie Rangle10:00 PM – Denunciation of Bitter Gun Owners and Bible readers – Eric Holder. 10:30 PM – Ceremonial Waving of White Flag – Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta11:00 PM – Obama Energy Plan Symposium - You too can get rich with Green Investment bankruptcies 11:15 PM – Free Gov. Blagovich rally led by Illinois Democratic Congressional delegation 11:30 PM – Obama Accepts Oscar, Tony and Latin Grammy Awards 11:45 PM – Feeding of the Delegates with 5 Loaves and 2 Fish - Obama Presiding 12:00 AM – Official Nomination of Obama by Bill Maher and Chris “He sends a thrill up my leg” Matthews 12:01 AM – Obama Accepts Nomination as Lord and Savior 12:05 AM – Celestial Choirs Sing 1:00 AM – Biden Delivers Acceptance Speech3:00 AM – Closing remarks by Al Sharpton

Thanks for the link, 007. :)

I've belonged to a polling site called YouGov for a few years now. They send me a poll about once a week and the polls will cover just about anything political to social to commercial. About two months ago they started a page for a personal profile and for all the YouGov members to interact and give personal ratings and opinions of any and all public and political figures. I would say that YouGov is as good of a NON BIASED, cross section of America as one can get, so the results of this page are not tainted by an agenda. It is simply the members of YouGov freely giving their opinion, and oh what an opinion it is. It has obama down by don't like and really don't likes, to like and really likes by 5274 to 3219. That's getting close to a TWO TO ONE MARGIN AGAINST obama. I think it's safe to say that yes, obama will lose the election in November. The only question left is how bad will he get his ass kicked?

link to the "polling organization"?

you know better than that pale

Um, I think he was pretty clear that YouGov IS the polling organization and was making the case that the demographics are pretty much across the board among those recording their preferences there.

Poll is meaningless, just like any other.

No offense bro. The only poll that matters to me is done on Nov 7th.

Democrats made up a frivolous lawsuit so they could threaten Gallup to coming up with favorable polls. They did it to Gibson Guitars, to Sheriff Joe Arapio, they do it all the time. The whistleblower was himself an obama plant. He worked for the obama campaign in 2008.

Obama Thugs Rough Up Gallup For Polls They Don’t Like at DickMorris.com

Now all of a sudden, Gallup has obama up in their polls. This is not a coincidence.

Um, I think he was pretty clear that YouGov IS the polling organization and was making the case that the demographics are pretty much across the board among those recording their preferences there.

if it were a legitimate polling organization, he'd provide a link. but it's nice of you to defend him.

Democrats made up a frivolous lawsuit so they could threaten Gallup to coming up with favorable polls. They did it to Gibson Guitars, to Sheriff Joe Arapio, they do it all the time. The whistleblower was himself an obama plant. He worked for the obama campaign in 2008.

Obama Thugs Rough Up Gallup For Polls They Don’t Like at DickMorris.com

Now all of a sudden, Gallup has obama up in their polls. This is not a coincidence.

What part is frivolous?

That Gallup overcharged the taxpayer?

Why do Rassmussen and Fox polls also show an Obama surge in their polls?

Poll is meaningless, just like any other.

No offense bro. The only poll that matters to me is done on Nov 7th.

Polls are far from meaningless

Both Romney and Obama are captive to the polls. Polls tell them which states are in play, they influence donors and dictate changes in campaign strategy.

if it were a legitimate polling organization, he'd provide a link. but it's nice of you to defend him.

Here you go Jillian. Geez, I typed it into my browser and got about 40 immediate hits:

Home

Forum List

Back