An "Unauthorized" Rain

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
Yesterday afternoon the weather guy said we would have to suffer without rain for yet another 90+, miserable, humid day. Radar was showing absolutely nothing. I went to my deck door and it was looking pretty cloudy so I decided to go ahead and vacuum my deck carpet. A few minutes later we were having air-to-ground lightening strikes and instant thunder. I went back to my bedroom ... and the sky was blue and there was a little sun.

All of a sudden it was raining like hell.

At 11:00 the weather guy said, "We had no warning whatsoever from the National Weather Service!"

At 6:00 this morning we heard about all the damage and power outages down in Knoxville. Now it looks like we're being set up for some more rain ... as earlier predicted. I can live with a little rain for a change. Some of my flowers have dropped dead from the daytime heat even though they get soaked every evening.

Its 112 here in arizona today...and I have a question for you..what is this thing you call rain? I heard about it, but havent seen it for so long, I forget what its all aobut. :)

What a great job it must be to be a weatherman (excuse me, Meterologist).

You never have to be right about anything.

Yesterday afternoon the weather guy said we would have to suffer without rain for yet another 90+, miserable, humid day. Radar was showing absolutely nothing. I went to my deck door and it was looking pretty cloudy so I decided to go ahead and vacuum my deck carpet. A few minutes later we were having air-to-ground lightening strikes and instant thunder. I went back to my bedroom ... and the sky was blue and there was a little sun.

At 11:00 the weather guy said, "We had no warning whatsoever from the National Weather Service!"

At 6:00 this morning we heard about all the damage and power outages down in Knoxville. Now it looks like we're being set up for some more rain ... as earlier predicted. I can live with a little rain for a change. Some of my flowers have dropped dead from the daytime heat even though they get soaked every evening.

What is the purpose of deck carpet?

Its 112 here in arizona today...and I have a question for you..what is this thing you call rain? I heard about it, but havent seen it for so long, I forget what its all aobut. :)

Visit Oregon. We will educate you, grasshopper, in this thing called rain.

(Pay attention to the verb. Visit.)

Visit Oregon. We will educate you, grasshopper, in this thing called rain.

(Pay attention to the verb. Visit.)

Been there once. Pay attention to the word once. Yuck. Eugene, Whitaker, springfield...

Thank you, no.

In my part of Arizona we have had rain for 9 of the past 12 days with temps in the mid 70's.

Come on up zona, we would even welcome you in the White Mountains......:razz:

I am in the glendale area very near the new stadium. Isnt it amazing how diffent the weather is in various parts of this state?

Mesa has nothing to do with Payson. Tempe is totally different than Prescott. etc.

Last edited:
In my part of Arizona we have had rain for 9 of the past 12 days with temps in the mid 70's.

Come on up zona, we would even welcome you in the White Mountains......:razz:

I am in the glendale area very near the new stadium. Isnt it amazing how diffent the weather is in various parts of this state?

Mesa has nothing to do with Payson. Tempe is totally different than Prescott. etc.

That is one of the great things about Arizona.
So take a break, come on up and enjoy some cool weather and rain.

My lawn is SCREAMING out for rain!

Last evening as the sun set and I said good-bye to the last sunlight of the day, I stripped down to my birthday suit and headed out into my front yard to perform an ancient rain dance.

The police showed up and I still haven't seen a drop of rain.

In W Knoxville it was an "unauthorized monsoon" -- torrential rain, hail, flatline wind, trees downed, signs and stuff flying everywhere and banging off the building...and when it was over there was beautiful blue sky and sunshine....:confused:

We were without electricity for about four hours. Kingston Pike without red lights was pretty much a parking lot so I was trapped. Good times......

I am ready for about a week of that slow soaking rain. My yard and flower beds are in God's hands now.....

It's that stuff north and east. Always. Dry or flash floods with your house tooling down the street on a river. Your choice. :lol:

Perhaps we should declare a war on rain and on droughts.

Isn't that our solution to every problem?

Perhaps we should declare a war on rain and on droughts.

Isn't that our solution to every problem?
No, no, no. We must take the excess rain from those who have to much and redistribute it amongst the more arid.

What? They already do something like that? Irrigation? WTF if irrigation? What do you mean, the Colorado River? What does that have to do with anything?

Forum List

Back