An overwhelming body of data and still we have climate deniers

(CNSNews.com) -- President Obama’s statements on global warming are “dead wrong,” said Nobel laureate Ivar Giaever, who rejected the president's claims that man-made global warming is causing climate change.

“I think Obama is a clever person, but he gets bad advice. Global warming is all wet,” Giaever said in a speech entitled Global Warming Revisited he gave on July 1 to scientists from 90 countries attending the 65th annual Nobel Laureate Meeting in Lindau, Germany.

"I would say that global warming basically is a non-problem. Just leave it alone, it will take care of itself,” he added."
Nobel Winner to Obama on Global Warming: 'Mr. President, You're Wrong'

Go rouge?

What point are you actually trying to make Ian? What is the difference between "alarmism" and "the precautionary principle gone amuck"? You seem to be saying that the deniers need a new term for alarmism.

And, pray tell, on what do you base that it has "gone amuck"?
LOL, another perfect example

Lets review

a patient suffering of lateral neglect won't "see" one side of the world, won't draw it, and won't touch it. When asked why, the patient will answer that it was not important or that there was no reason to consider it; never that he or she couldn't perceive it. Anosognosia is what inspired Dunning and Kruger for the effect that takes their name: the "Dunning-Kruger Syndrome". It affects people who grossly overestimate their abilities or their knowledge. But Dunning and Kruger have been often misinterpreted by defining their effect as "stupid people don't realize that they are stupid". No, it is a much wider effect and it hits intelligent people in particular. It is typical of very intelligent people to be unable to realize their limits.

This kind of anosognosia is especially bad with science, in particular climate science. The Web is infested with people who suffer of a form of climate science neglect syndrome. They are not stupid; on the contrary, some of them they can display considerable creativity and inventive to support the idea that climate is not changing, or that change is not caused by human activity, or that everything is an evil plot to enslave humankind. Their problem is that they completely fail to perceive the complexity of the subject. They can't see that climate science is not about whether grapes were cultivated in England during the Middle Ages or about the letters that some scientists wrote to each other more than 10 years ago. You just can't convince them that their vision of the world is limited. The same is true with a variety of conspiracy theories based on failing to understand the complexity of the subject: chemtrails, cold fusion, abiotic oil, and many more.

Anosognosia is easily recognizable in such extreme forms. But, in milder forms, it affects all of us. It is such an easy mistake to believe that we know something well enough to act on it and then suddenly discovering that we don't. I have my horror stories about myself to tell you on this point; I am sure you have yours. And those are cases where we understood that we were making a mistake. What's scary about anosognosia is when you don't even realize that there is a problem. Think that, most likely, there is something out there, something we can't even imagine, that's going to affect us deeply. But what? How can we perceive something that we cannot perceive? How do we manage "unknown unknowns"?

Still, as long as our brain is not physically damaged, we have at least a fighting chance to understand our mistakes and to be prepared for the unexpected that may crash upon us all of a sudden. But there is a much larger problem that has to do with society as a whole: it seems to be suffering of a bad case of cognitive neglect syndrome. Read "Monoculture" by F. S. Michaels and you'll see what I mean.

End Quote

So lets try showing you that again ;--)

decadal-comparison-small.png

So in answer to SSDO, what could the cause of this radical departure of from the norm be ???? its either you start dreaming up all kinds of mythical monsters or you accept that the departure is directly attributable to fossil fuels.

So now whats your excuse ;--)

PS
Love all the groovy little graphs that don't have the resolution to accurately depict either the rate or the effect of todays alterations in the atmospheric chemistry

You blabber a LOT. I am still waiting for some empirical evidence. I hear you were provided with a definition of what that means. Hop to it junior.

LOL you are a perfect example of lateral neglect syndrome

Anosognosia is easily recognizable in such extreme forms. But, in milder forms, it affects all of us. It is such an easy mistake to believe that we know something well enough to act on it and then suddenly discovering that we don't. I have my horror stories about myself to tell you on this point; I am sure you have yours. And those are cases where we understood that we were making a mistake. What's scary about anosognosia is when you don't even realize that there is a problem. Think that, most likely, there is something out there, something we can't even imagine, that's going to affect us deeply. But what? How can we perceive something that we cannot perceive? How do we manage "unknown unknowns"?

Still, as long as our brain is not physically damaged, we have at least a fighting chance to understand our mistakes and to be prepared for the unexpected that may crash upon us all of a sudden. But there is a much larger problem that has to do with society as a whole: it seems to be suffering of a bad case of cognitive neglect syndrome. Read "Monoculture" by F. S. Michaels and you'll see what I mean.

More and more, our culture seems to confine itself within narrow limits that don't include entities such as climate change, peak oil, ecosystem collapse, and much more. All that is relegated to the category of unknown unknowns, totally outside the bounds of perception; even outside the bounds of the imaginable. As it is not perceived, it is not understood, it is not discussed, it is not acted upon. And, whatever is going to crash on us all of a sudden, we are totally unprepared for it.

Unfortunately, one of the things I learned from my daughter is that there is no cure for this syndrome.

End Quote

This is now an official warning. This post is called "TROLLING". It has nothing to do with the OP. I asked you for a specific thing that DOES pertain to the OP. Now hop to it.

I notified the site of your pulling rank and falsely accusing me of Trolling. The post clearly presents data specific to the topic at hand and also directly addresses the subject of our latest few posts

If you don't have the courage to face your own ignorance and openly discuss the issues at hand then thats fine, you are not required to participate in the discussion. However, acting like a five year old who can't have his way is hardly the way to fairly moderate a topic.

You should be banned from moderating any science based discussion since you are a science denier yourself. Hardly sheds a positive light on the forum to have a climate denier in charge of anything.

PS
I don't do warnings, threaten me one time and I'm off to the owners. You are an ignorant and simply can't grasp the concepts involved.

So you start in with the threats.

real adult of ypou but it does prove one thing

Your argument can't stand an informed debate

Big whoop. You are obviously trolling. Psychology has nothing to do with the subject as any ten year old knows. It is you that can't handle debate dumbshit., I have asked you for the very simplest level of support for your claims and all you can do is trot out propaganda and psycho babble. That is not discussing anything but your gross stupidity.

TROLLING? Are you fucking kidding? His comments are precisely on-topic.

LOL, another perfect example

Lets review

a patient suffering of lateral neglect won't "see" one side of the world, won't draw it, and won't touch it. When asked why, the patient will answer that it was not important or that there was no reason to consider it; never that he or she couldn't perceive it. Anosognosia is what inspired Dunning and Kruger for the effect that takes their name: the "Dunning-Kruger Syndrome". It affects people who grossly overestimate their abilities or their knowledge. But Dunning and Kruger have been often misinterpreted by defining their effect as "stupid people don't realize that they are stupid". No, it is a much wider effect and it hits intelligent people in particular. It is typical of very intelligent people to be unable to realize their limits.

This kind of anosognosia is especially bad with science, in particular climate science. The Web is infested with people who suffer of a form of climate science neglect syndrome. They are not stupid; on the contrary, some of them they can display considerable creativity and inventive to support the idea that climate is not changing, or that change is not caused by human activity, or that everything is an evil plot to enslave humankind. Their problem is that they completely fail to perceive the complexity of the subject. They can't see that climate science is not about whether grapes were cultivated in England during the Middle Ages or about the letters that some scientists wrote to each other more than 10 years ago. You just can't convince them that their vision of the world is limited. The same is true with a variety of conspiracy theories based on failing to understand the complexity of the subject: chemtrails, cold fusion, abiotic oil, and many more.

End Quote

So lets try showing you that again ;--)

decadal-comparison-small.png

So in answer to SSDO, what could the cause of this radical departure of from the norm be ???? its either you start dreaming up all kinds of mythical monsters or you accept that the departure is directly attributable to fossil fuels.

So now whats your excuse ;--)

PS
Love all the groovy little graphs that don't have the resolution to accurately depict either the rate or the effect of todays alterations in the atmospheric chemistry

You blabber a LOT. I am still waiting for some empirical evidence. I hear you were provided with a definition of what that means. Hop to it junior.

More and more, our culture seems to confine itself within narrow limits that don't include entities such as climate change, peak oil, ecosystem collapse, and much more. All that is relegated to the category of unknown unknowns, totally outside the bounds of perception; even outside the bounds of the imaginable. As it is not perceived, it is not understood, it is not discussed, it is not acted upon. And, whatever is going to crash on us all of a sudden, we are totally unprepared for it.

Unfortunately, one of the things I learned from my daughter is that there is no cure for this syndrome.

End Quote

This is now an official warning. This post is called "TROLLING". It has nothing to do with the OP. I asked you for a specific thing that DOES pertain to the OP. Now hop to it.

I notified the site of your pulling rank and falsely accusing me of Trolling. The post clearly presents data specific to the topic at hand and also directly addresses the subject of our latest few posts

If you don't have the courage to face your own ignorance and openly discuss the issues at hand then thats fine, you are not required to participate in the discussion. However, acting like a five year old who can't have his way is hardly the way to fairly moderate a topic.

You should be banned from moderating any science based discussion since you are a science denier yourself. Hardly sheds a positive light on the forum to have a climate denier in charge of anything.

PS
I don't do warnings, threaten me one time and I'm off to the owners. You are an ignorant and simply can't grasp the concepts involved.

Big whoop. You are obviously trolling. Psychology has nothing to do with the subject as any ten year old knows. It is you that can't handle debate dumbshit., I have asked you for the very simplest level of support for your claims and all you can do is trot out propaganda and psycho babble. That is not discussing anything but your gross stupidity.

I have also reported your behavior to management, Westwall.

End Quote

PS

I have also reported your behavior to management, Westwall.

For what? Boston is trying to use a blog that is trying to confuse the audience ...wants to use psychology to mumble jumble and cover up junk science which the AGW cult clearly is and they even admit its about social economic change..

I see you completely failed to comprehend his post.

I comprehend it all right a lot of mumble jumble to hide the fact he has no evidence.

That stuff could go both ways...

The AGW cult has a physlogical narracasit problem, no matter what they learned in school about the climate history of the earth they continue to think they are special and witnessing a earth changing event....

Dude we have been hearing the end of the earth forever..

When are you going to realize we are still leaving the last ice age, a warm planet is better then an ice ball

And the planet don't have a thermostat

We all know what your end game is just like with Obama care you don't care how you lie and Bullshit..you want it your way.

I comprehend it all right a lot of mumble jumble to hide the fact he has no evidence.

The AGW cult has a physlogical narracasit problem, no matter what they learned in school about the climate history of the earth they continue to think they are special and witnessing a earth changing event....

When are you going to realize we are still leaving the last ice age, a warm planet is better then an ice ball

We all know what your end game is just like with Obama care you don't care how you lie and Bullshit..you want it your way.
Ask them for evidence and everyone of them to a man state we got it. We didn't, but they say it anyway. Five years I've seen squat. Can you say liars!

Ask them for evidence and everyone of them to a man state we got it. We didn't, but they say it anyway. Five years I've seen squat. Can you say liars!

They don't have it never did that's why they are so upset/ defensive...they want to "believe"...and we are supposed to share their " beliefs"

Its like me saying look at the statistics , the computer models...the Chicago cubs can't lose....

They don't have it never did that's why they are so upset/ defensive...they want to "believe"...and we are supposed to share their " beliefs"

Its like me saying look at the statistics , the computer models...the Chicago cubs can't lose....

Damn I thought they were a cult, maybe I am wrong they look at this like I look at the cubbies..and when they end up losing ..I say wait till next year...for 108 years now and counting..

Sorry crick...but it is you who failed to comprehend...and one more piece of the puzzle falls into place as to how you have been so thoroughly duped....

SID, why don't you explain for us what poster Boston meant? Demonstrate for us your superior comprehension.

SID, why don't you explain for us what poster Boston meant? Demonstrate for us your superior comprehension.

LOL.....when you are winning though, there is no reason to explain oneself. The OP is a deep matrix guy........ but when you take a step back and do a little connecting of the dots, you realize that the "body of evidence" isn't mattering in the real world.

Dismal ratings for DiCaprio’s Global Warming Epic ‘Before the Flood’ – beaten by ‘Bubble Guppies’

Only members of the religion, engaged in a perpetual activity of navel gazing in here, are not getting it..............

:popcorn: :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

I thought the big argument with deniers was that science wasn't a popularity contest. That seems to be ALL you think it is.

Forum List

Back