An Outgunned Hamas Tries to Tap Islamists’ Growing Clout

That is not what was proposed: The group’s leaders, rejecting Israel’s call for an immediate end to the rocket attacks, have instead laid down sweeping demands that would put Hamas in a stronger position than when the conflict began"

no surprises. but egypt isn't going to be able to help the pals. they get 2 billion a year from us pursuant to the terms of the peace agreement. they also want a $1.2 billion loan from the international monetary fund.

they're right now begging hamas to stop sending missiles over.

and israel isn't really interested in negotiating. why would it be? it will stop sending over missiles when hamas does.

and unlike baby bush did when israel was trouncing hezbollah, this president isn't demanding israel back down.

to be honest, israel can't really afford to back down in any event until it smashes the ability of hamas to send missiles over for the next five or so years. hezbollah is watching and if israel shows any weakness, hezbollah will attack next.

I agree with this.....Hamas bunch of lunatics hoping to get the Muslim world will join their cause at the risk of Egypt jeopardizing US funding.

Like what?

You already quoted what I had posted, I will set forth once again, "an end to Israel’s five-year-old embargo of the Gaza Strip, a pledge by Israel not to attack again and multinational guarantees that Israel would abide by its commitments."

And if the Palestinians did not attack Israel, why would any of that matter?

All of that would only bring Israel in compliance with international law.

There is an armed conflict right now a one sided approach will never work and if Egypt decides to side with this carrousel of clowns known as Hamas they would place themselves in a great deal of economic and domestic danger.

Egypt would be on the right side of history if they helped Hamas.
Egypt has their own to feed, in view of which risking $3 bln. of US and $5 bln. of the EU "development" money is not an option, hamas can stick it up its collective arse, of course.

Forum List

Back