An Order to Pave the Way to End Obamacare

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
After Obama announced the unprecedented action of directing his appointments heading Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement to not enforce clearly written federal law regarding immigration, I posted that this sets the stage for future administrations to simply disregard the law.

What prevents a Romney administration from directing his Secretary of Health and Human Services and Commissioner of the IRS from enacting certain provisions, or all of Obamacare?

The leftists, shockingly, lambasted me for my assertion. Some mental midgets compared what the Obama Administration did to local state police from deciding not to issue a speeding ticket.

Well, as I was reading Romney's 57 point plan I came across an executive order that Romney promises to sign on day one which will "Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services and all relevant federal officials to return the maximum possible authority to the states to innovate and design health care solutions that work best for them" http://m.mittromney.com/sites/defau...America-PlanForJobsAndEconomicGrowth-Full.pdf

In other words he will direct his Secretary of Health and Human Services (which holds a large portion of authority in overseeing and enacting Obamacare) and Commissioner of the IRS (bye-bye individual mandate and funding apparatus for Obamacare) to not enforce federal law.

And when he does it, he should announce it in the Rose Garden and when a NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC--whoever shouts out how he can take these actions, I hope he says "because it is the right thing to do" :lol:

After Obama announced the unprecedented action of directing his appointments heading Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement to not enforce clearly written federal law regarding immigration…

Incorrect, all Federal laws are being enforced; the deferral policy is an appropriate and wise use of prosecutorial discretion to ensure efficient allocation of limited resources. To suggest otherwise is willfully ignorant and reprehensible.

Consequently your OP question is moot.

After Obama announced the unprecedented action of directing his appointments heading Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement to not enforce clearly written federal law regarding immigration…

Incorrect, all Federal laws are being enforced; the deferral policy is an appropriate and wise use of prosecutorial discretion to ensure efficient allocation of limited resources. To suggest otherwise is willfully ignorant and reprehensible.

You are so obviously woefully ignorant about what the federal immigration laws actually state. We are a nation governed by laws, and the president is not a king. The Dream act failed to pass and Obama decided to enact it by simply ignoring federal law, and for you to say that is not what is happening is simply an knowledgeable of your ignorance.

Way to not address the OP question at all, because you are unable to. Romney's executive order that is he going to sign is a wise use of presidential power to ensure America's healthcare system and economy is not demolished. To suggest otherwise is willfully ignorant and reprehensible.

Screw that, you aren't ignorant you are an ignorant liar. You now damn right well you are a lair. To allow illegal immigrants to work in the United States violates federal law.

Prove me wrong, you lying piece of human excrement.

What prevents a Romney administration from directing his Secretary of Health and Human Services and Commissioner of the IRS from enacting certain provisions, or all of Obamacare?

Lawsuits from at least a dozen states, every major hospital in the country, and 30 million Americans, for one. That and this is Mitt Romney you're talking about. Hell, he's already tapped Mike Leavitt to lead the exchange (and be chief of staff perhaps?).

Anyway, have someone else explain prosecutorial discretion to you.

Well, as I was reading Romney's 57 point plan I came across an executive order that Romney promises to sign on day one which will "Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services and all relevant federal officials to return the maximum possible authority to the states to innovate and design health care solutions that work best for them" http://m.mittromney.com/sites/defau...America-PlanForJobsAndEconomicGrowth-Full.pdf

Late to the party, as always.

State Innovation Models Initiative | Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation

State Innovation Waivers: Section 1332 | cciio.cms.gov

Forum List

Back