an open question to catholics

with high holy days for many major religions coming up....i have a question for catholics...in light of the new reports that the cover up went as far as it did....

My faith didn't cover up anything. The Church is merely a vehicle for my faith.

will you continue to give money to your catholic church?

I don't give money to the church anyway. I tithe in other ways. I give ten percent, but I give it to various charities that do not have the monetary resources that the Church has.

will you withhold money to show disapproval?

Again, I tithe in other ways so this is a moot point.

will you take communion under these circumstances?

I take communion due to my faith in Christ, not my allegiance to the Church. My allegiance is to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, not to the Pope. I guess you can call me Catholic light.

There are always going to be sick people in any large group.

The U.S. hasn't outlawed NAMBLA - nor have I seen widespread condemnation of our entire country because these freaks exist.

I don't donate to political organizations such as the church. While I may agree with them on human rights issues I disagree with them on the death penalty and abortion.

I will take communion.

The Church's wealth is the main problem for me. Not so much that they have money. Rich camels and the eye of the needle getting into heaven stuff & all. But how it is displayed. Its not like the Pope says mass in the world's largest soup kitchen.

Anyways, Jesus wore sandals and a simple dusty robe.
There is always room for another Lutheran.

But, I gotta tell you, that organized religion is organized religion regardless of the denomination. Lutherans have their Pharisees too.
There is almost a whole new Lutheran Churchette ready to pop up. Some Missouri Evangelical Lutherans are talking split since their membership gathered up north and voted to allow gay pastors last year.

I don't donate to political organizations such as the church. While I may agree with them on human rights issues I disagree with them on the death penalty and abortion.

I will take communion.

The Church's wealth is the main problem for me. Not so much that they have money. Rich camels and the eye of the needle getting into heaven stuff & all. But how it is displayed. Its not like the Pope says mass in the world's largest soup kitchen.

Anyways, Jesus wore sandals and a simple dusty robe.
There is always room for another Lutheran.

But, I gotta tell you, that organized religion is organized religion regardless of the denomination. Lutherans have their Pharisees too.
There is almost a whole new Lutheran Churchette ready to pop up. Some Missouri Evangelical Lutherans are talking split since their membership gathered up north and voted to allow gay pastors last year.

Actually, I am not sure what you are talking about.

I am a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod and we do not ordain homosexuals. There is the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA). They are a more liberal denomination. They have ordained homosexuals (at least I think they have) and I believe that there is some grumblings of another split in that denomination.

I'd be interested in seeing a link on your "churchette", though, if you can provide some information.

Immie

Last edited:
but neither of you said why...

why will you continue to fund an organization that covers up child abuse?

You do realise that abusing children is not the ONLY THING that happens in a Catholic Church, right?

Kids have been abused by Public School Teachers: You still fund Public Schools....

WHY? S'Bones, are you funding perverts?

There's no need to Demonize Catholics because some Sexual deviant Priests can't control themselves..

That goes for any Religion..

Like i stated before.. I don't approve the recent acts by those Priests.. In my opinion they should be Excommunicated. But then again, that's just me.
I am not demonizing Catholics...most are good people, who are unfortunately chained by their beliefs to an archaic, morally bankrupt international organization.

Martin Luther was on to something.

Meh...I like the incense

I will take communion.

If he did, would that make him a cafeteria Catholic?

There's no need to Demonize Catholics because some Sexual deviant Priests can't control themselves..

That goes for any Religion..

Like i stated before.. I don't approve the recent acts by those Priests.. In my opinion they should be Excommunicated. But then again, that's just me.

Me too.

My theory.... they're gonna answer to God and that is enough for me. Although, I'd be very happy to see them all rot in prison before they all rot in hell.

I had a Catholic education and it was great, although the nuns scared me! I am comfortable when other people criticize my religion but it really is dumb to think that all priests are child abusers. People say that just to be offensive - when in fact all they do is make themselves look stupid.

I think people are more upset now about the Church's coverups and negligence concerning the pedophile priests. I think that is why bones is questioning how anyone could continure to support such an organization.

with high holy days for many major religions coming up....i have a question for catholics...in light of the new reports that the cover up went as far as it did....

My faith didn't cover up anything. The Church is merely a vehicle for my faith.

I don't give money to the church anyway. I tithe in other ways. I give ten percent, but I give it to various charities that do not have the monetary resources that the Church has.

Again, I tithe in other ways so this is a moot point.

I take communion due to my faith in Christ, not my allegiance to the Church. My allegiance is to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, not to the Pope. I guess you can call me Catholic light.

You said that really well, CW.

I think people are more upset now about the Church's coverups and negligence concerning the pedophile priests. I think that is why bones is questioning how anyone could continure to support such an organization.

It is Not the Organisation. It is the Individual and misplaced loyalties.

My theory.... they're gonna answer to God and that is enough for me.

I agree.

And that's also why I'm pro-choice, even though I'm morally anti-abortion.

My personal stance is also anti-abortion. However, I respect the right (however much I detest it) for another woman to murder her unborn child. But.... if the child is viable - ie it could survive without the mother - then, in my opinion, that is absolutely tantamount to murder.

We've never given money to the Catholic Church besides putting small change in the basket which I haven't done in over ten years.

When I am at church I take communion, but I rarely go any more.

This weekend we celebrate Easter. :)

but neither of you said why...

why will you continue to fund an organization that covers up child abuse?
The perks are hard to pass up.
images

You're being silly. Just because there are some evil Catholics doesn't mean all Catholics are evil. Ditto Muslim, Jews, Budhists, Pagans....etc.

IIRC, what the pope did before he was pope matters not to Catholics. Once he becomes pope he is a different being...kind of like he's possessed by God.

Personally, I wouldn't send my kids to Catholic school. But I still give to Catholic charities...mainly because they help illegals. ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

New Topics

Forum List

Back