an open question to catholics

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
with high holy days for many major religions coming up....i have a question for catholics...in light of the new reports that the cover up went as far as it did....

will you continue to give money to your catholic church?

will you withhold money to show disapproval?

will you take communion under these circumstances?

While i don't approve of the recent acts by Priests, I'm not gonna stop going to Church..

I've thought about it though...

But to answer your questions:

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Yes.

It's not the organization, it is my faith. The actions of some priests are absolutely reprehensible. As were the actions of those who sought to protect those priests but those men are not the Church. Catholicism is a faith. It is not a building or a man. And the money I give to the Church goes to help those less fortunate. Those people should not suffer the consequences of others.

well said but how do you get around the vatican being one of the worlds richest countries....how do you get around the double standards for retired priests and nuns? just seems like a lot of things need to be exposed and corrected but that can be said for any religion

but neither of you said why...

why will you continue to fund an organization that covers up child abuse?
The perks are hard to pass up.
images

You're being silly. Just because there are some evil Catholics doesn't mean all Catholics are evil. Ditto Muslim, Jews, Budhists, Pagans....etc.

IIRC, what the pope did before he was pope matters not to Catholics. Once he becomes pope he is a different being...kind of like he's possessed by God.

Personally, I wouldn't send my kids to Catholic school. But I still give to Catholic charities...mainly because they help illegals. ;)

They've closed/sold my 160-year-old parish to pay sex abuse settlements.

Now, I want nothing to do with the Vatican. There are far better charitable organizations which deserve my time and money.

Proudly apostate.

Last edited:
but neither of you said why...

why will you continue to fund an organization that covers up child abuse?
The perks are hard to pass up.
images

You're being silly. Just because there are some evil Catholics doesn't mean all Catholics are evil. Ditto Muslim, Jews, Budhists, Pagans....etc.

IIRC, what the pope did before he was pope matters not to Catholics. Once he becomes pope he is a different being...kind of like he's possessed by God.

Personally, I wouldn't send my kids to Catholic school. But I still give to Catholic charities...mainly because they help illegals. ;)

Amen Sister! :thup:

Don't judge the religion, judge the person.

Don't judge the religion, judge the person.
I have no issue with individual Catholics...many are my close friends and family.

I take serious issue with the Catholic Church as an institution, its teachings as a religion, and its ministers as a hierarchy. The American Conference of Bishops can go to hell.

I have witnessed the rot from the inside.

Last edited:
There's no need to Demonize Catholics because some Sexual deviant Priests can't control themselves..

That goes for any Religion..

Like i stated before.. I don't approve the recent acts by those Priests.. In my opinion they should be Excommunicated. But then again, that's just me.

There's no need to Demonize Catholics because some Sexual deviant Priests can't control themselves..

Like i stated before.. I don't approve the recent acts by those Priests.. In my opinion they should be Excommunicated. But then again, that's just me.
I am not demonizing Catholics...most are good people, who are unfortunately chained by their beliefs to an archaic, morally bankrupt international organization.

Martin Luther was on to something.

I am not demonizing Catholics...most are good people, who are unfortunately chained by their beliefs to an archaic, morally bankrupt international organization.

Martin Luther was on to something.

There is always room for another Lutheran.

But, I gotta tell you, that organized religion is organized religion regardless of the denomination. Lutherans have their Pharisees too.

Immie

with high holy days for many major religions coming up....i have a question for catholics...in light of the new reports that the cover up went as far as it did....

will you continue to give money to your catholic church?

will you withhold money to show disapproval?

will you take communion under these circumstances?

Yes.
No.
Yes.

Hint.... Where there are People involved there are Problems. We live with what We can't change, don't We Strolling Bones?
Witness, tell the truth about what You see or know. Change what You can. We are a pretty fucked up Race, that is evidenced all around us, that however does not mean We are Irredeemable.

Forum List

Back