an old story about the moon

no1tovote4 said:
It speaks to and defines the places where the effect was made and gives examples.

"This influence is clearly visible in the later Jewish writings such as the Book of Daniel and the books of the Maccabees, which were written in the second century BCE."

To simply say that because something is newer it can have no effect on the writings and beliefs of something that began before hand is simply not correct. The concepts explained in this writing are more than the one God theory. If you read this you can see that the explanations are based in logic and an understanding of both religions and their effect on each other, not just in one way but in many different ways.

Daniel was written in the 6th century B.C., not the 2nd century B.C.

And while that seems minor, it's yet another inaccuracy by this author. I am not really inclined to accept his major premise when he gets so many facts wrong.

Quick thought on the Mohamed story. This splitting of the moon must have happened during Mohamed's life. Since he was a 7th century caravan robber, I am assuming that that the word "soon" means sometime after about 1600 years from when the "miracle" took place.

2nd quick thought. I see the line in the moon, but we have those here on Earth. I'm sure that even in Egypt you can find pictures of the San Andreas fault. That's a lot more convincing. A line in the ground does not meen that a moon has split apart and recombined. I wonder if this was tought during astronomy class .. no wonder we have such a cultural divide.

gop_jeff said:
Daniel was written in the 6th century B.C., not the 2nd century B.C.

And while that seems minor, it's yet another inaccuracy by this author. I am not really inclined to accept his major premise when he gets so many facts wrong.

Fair 'nough.

Forum List

Back