An Old Hate Resurfaces

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
An interracial couple were severely beaten today here in Cleveland by a gang of at least 8 young men and boys. The male victim was very nearly killed, and is white. His girlfriend was the first to be hit and he tried to defend her. She is black. The motive for the attack was anger that the couple were of different races.

According to the police report, a group of eight boys ranging in age from 15 to 19, from James Ford Rhodes High School, followed the couple south on W. 50th Street. The suspects were making insulting, vulgar and aggressive comments like, "You're cute but I'm gonna punch him in the face."

Minutes later, the boys made good on that threat, but instead -- they punched the female victim in the face.

Her boyfriend defended her and was then viciously punched and kicked by the mob, the report said.

Neighbors called 911, but say police did not immediately respond.

"It's sad," said Gill James, "But you can't depend on them."

Meanwhile, the female victim helped her boyfriend walk to a family member's house on the street, where relatives rushed him to Fairview Hospital.

The boys injuries were so severe, doctors quickly had the victim life-flighted to the Level 1 Trauma Center at MetroHealth Medical Center.

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-cleveland-teen-couple-beaten-after-school-arrests,0,3558920.story

Five arrests have been made so far, and police are searching for the remaining suspects. Here are photos of two of the defendants....

57180968-29114255.jpg

Un-fucking-believable.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I wonder if Eric H. Holder, Jr. will prosecute them with Hate Crime charges, or he'll just ignore it like he does black panthers intimidating voters.

I don't know that it's old hate. The perpetrators are too young to have been involved in the old hate.

This is new. It just is identical to the old stuff. So why do these younger generations hate this?

• Banned
I wonder if Eric H. Holder, Jr. will prosecute them with Hate Crime charges, or he'll just ignore it like he does black panthers intimidating voters.

Felonious assault is not a federal crime, Samson. We do have an asshole DA though...the charge should have been attempted murder with a hate crime enhancement.

This attack took place with a dozen blocks of my house. Am I supposed to be afraid to have lunch or drinks after work with a man because he's black now? I just cannot believe thiis old nightmare is back again.

I am blown away by this crime, and when I googled for the link, there were similar crimes in other cities.

Unreal.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I don't know that it's old hate. The perpetrators are too young to have been involved in the old hate.

This is new. It just is identical to the old stuff. So why do these younger generations hate this?

I haven't any idea, Avatar. I thought young people were taking it for granted you can love whoever you wish.

Would someone please tell me what makes this a hate crime? Other than the belief of one of the victims, and her family, that it was? The only thing the story quotes the perps as saying did not sound racist at all.

• Banned
Would someone please tell me what makes this a hate crime? Other than the belief of one of the victims, and her family, that it was? The only thing the story quotes the perps as saying did not sound racist at all.

The suspects were making insulting, vulgar and aggressive comments like, "You're cute but I'm gonna punch him in the face."

That's the local FOX News outlet's homepage, Quantum Windbag. They are not going to reprint a slew of racial epiteths and curse words -- this is not SF or NYC, and readers/viewers would be offended here if they did. I suppose I could unearth the actual police report, if you really care.

So far, the DA has not charged a hate crime. I just opined that he should.

I haven't any idea, Avatar. I thought young people were taking it for granted you can love whoever you wish.

The more I think about it the more a scripture comes to mind:

"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." (Matthew 24:12)

Simple fact is, the more corrupt, proud, dishonest, etc, our society is the less love we will have for each other. We need to have the love of God in our lives. And we get it by listening to the Lord. As long as we harden ourselves to that love, there will be less love in this world.

The more I think about it the more a scripture comes to mind:

"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." (Matthew 24:12)

Simple fact is, the more corrupt, proud, dishonest, etc, our society is the less love we will have for each other. We need to have the love of God in our lives. And we get it by listening to the Lord. As long as we harden ourselves to that love, there will be less love in this world.

Well no offense, but these men sound like sociopaths to me. I'm of the opinion you cannot "teach empathy" to one of those.

New Topics

Forum List

Back