Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Russia in Iraq? Wow!

http://vodkapundit.com/archives/006279.php

Excerpt:

Strategery
Posted by Stephen Green · 27 July 2004
Via the Blogfaddah comes what could be Bush's October Surprise:

In exchange for a troop presence in Iraq, Russia would obtain a free hand in dealings with the countries of the former Soviet Union. It would gain leverage against a weakening Turkey in the Caucasus and Central Asia. And it would vastly enhance its leverage in negotiations over the placement of oil pipelines. Most important, perhaps, it would assert its old status as a global military power against the feckless Europeans. In short, the arrangement would benefit everyone, except of course the population of Fallujah...

Off topic, but if the Russians set up camp in Iraq, that is setting the stage for GOG and MAGOG to attack Israel. If GOG and MAGOG are truly Russia as many apocalyptics believe.

freeandfun1 said:
Off topic, but if the Russians set up camp in Iraq, that is setting the stage for GOG and MAGOG to attack Israel. If GOG and MAGOG are truly Russia as many apocalyptics believe.

I don't think off topic. To a certain extent I think he addresses some of this. To paraphrase, 'If capable, Russia would do anyways, might as well get something out of it...'

I think it would suicidal for Russia to attack Israel but if Putin and the Russian gangsters could benefit from assiting the US in Iraq it will be a very interesting decision. Iraq will have the ultimate say so I would presume.

Looking further ahead, having a Russian footprint in the Middle East could help in more subtle ways. If Turkey couldn't be bribed with carrots into helping us last year, perhaps showing them the Russian stick will bring them around. Even France might eventually start acting like a real ally – although I don't hold out much hope. But you can count on one thing. When Paris sees Russia getting real benefits from cooperating with the US, they'll be adding some new numbers into their geopolitical calculus. Best of all, anything that frees up American troops in Iraq has to put a little tremble in the bloody hands of Iran's mullahs.

Three things:

1) Turkey has always been a good ally, I can't fathom sticking it to them like this; It must appear a slap in the face to them.

2) Screw France, they've had their chance. Hope this scares the crepe out of them.

3) Yeah, it will free up troops in Iraq for Iran - but do we reallly want Russia having our back? They didn't want to help us when we needed it in Afghanistan and Iraq -so why should we grant them this "prestige" and then count on them to be there when we need them - hence - the reluctance at having them at our back.

dilloduck said:
I think it would suicidal for Russia to attack Israel but if Putin and the Russian gangsters could benefit from assiting the US in Iraq it will be a very interesting decision. Iraq will have the ultimate say so I would presume.

True dillo. But let us set the stage.....

Russia moves into Iraq, Israel and Syria get into a fight. Israel nukes or even just bombs the hell out of Damascus; Russia responds from within Iraq with a massive attack against Israel.

At this point, the US is in economic doldrums and sitting on the sidelines. Let the apocolypse begin!

freeandfun1 said:
True dillo. But let us set the stage.....

Russia moves into Iraq, Israel and Syria get into a fight. Israel nukes or even just bombs the hell out of Damascus; Russia responds from within Iraq with a massive attack against Israel.

At this point, the US is in economic doldrums and sitting on the sidelines. Let the apocolypse begin!

Who knows? Still can't see how Russia would benefit even if they could mount a massive attack on Israel.

dilloduck said:
Who knows? Still can't see how Russia would benefit even if they could mount a massive attack on Israel.

They wouldn't be doing it for any "benefit" other than to try and get rid of the troublemakers (as many call them) of the world - the JEWS.

Forum List

Back