An Observation

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I earned a political science degree back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. Nevertheless, I had my world turned upside down in the past few months, especially yesterday. Contrary to my cynicism, way more Americans turned out yesterday to protest the out of control spending on the federal level than I could have dreamed of.

The implications of yesterday are huge heading into 2010. Unless something happens which make the average Joe or Jane believe the administration, which is unlikely, there will be a turnover in Congress the likes of which have not been seen in many a year, if ever.

I think a lot of 3rd party will be elected in 2010, you?

I think that would be tough to do. Could be done if you can get the people involved and that is not going to be an easy task.

:lol: Do you think the precious GOP would willingly allow a 3rd party to get in? Same with the Dems?

The problem is people aren't looking at the bigger picture. If people are going to blame the Obama Administration and Democrats for "out of control spending" then Republicans should be thrown out right alongside them. However, they won't be.

:lol: Do you think the precious GOP would willingly allow a 3rd party to get in? Same with the Dems?

The problem is people aren't looking at the bigger picture. If people are going to blame the Obama Administration and Democrats for "out of control spending" then Republicans should be thrown out right alongside them. However, they won't be.
I think you are in error. In Iowa there is a movement by Republicans to do away with Republicans that do not represent the desires of the majority of Republicans. They are fed up with getting fed full of shit and sold out the back door.

I think you are in error. In Iowa there is a movement by Republicans to do away with Republicans that do not represent the desires of the majority of Republicans. They are fed up with getting fed full of shit and sold out the back door.

:lol:

Really now? Do tell me, what are the "desires" of the majority of Republicans? From what I can see, it's basically as radical as the current fringe of the party except they are just more quiet about it and a few different variations.

The GOP is a lost party, and trying to redeem it is a lost cause. People trying to defend the Democratic and Republican parties saying that they are redeemable is like defending a spouse after getting a beating from them. When will you learn? Once it's too late? :eusa_eh:

The Republican party is deeply divided as to whether or not the crackpot wing is going to run the GOP for the foreseeable future.

:lol:

Really now? Do tell me, what are the "desires" of the majority of Republicans? From what I can see, it's basically as radical as the current fringe of the party except they are just more quiet about it and a few different variations.

The GOP is a lost party, and trying to redeem it is a lost cause. People trying to defend the Democratic and Republican parties saying that they are redeemable is like defending a spouse after getting a beating from them. When will you learn? Once it's too late? :eusa_eh:
Those are the major parties in place. Since that is the case the people need to take them back.

The Republican party is deeply divided as to whether or not the crackpot wing is going to run the GOP for the foreseeable future.
Which radical wing, the log cabin crew or the ones y'all are claiming that wants to force Christianity down every ones throat?

Those are the major parties in place. Since that is the case the people need to take them back.

If I run a company, and an investment is bleeding money after all attempts to fix it, what should I do?

A.) Keep trying to fix it.

B.) Do nothing.

C.) End that investment, and invest elsewhere.

Or another way of looking at it:

If I am a Husband or Wife, and my spouse beats me on a daily basis but then tells me that they love me, what should I do?

A.) They really are just misunderstood and want help! I'll do nothing for the moment!

B.) Call the police, get into a new healthy relationship.

C.) Try to fight back, resulting in even worse circumstances.

It is needed. Pray the people choose wisely.

Personally, I think many '3rd party' candidates will be elected as Democrats and Republicans. The 3rd party isn't ready, unless there is some mechanism to get rid of 'nuts.'

This country is not a democracy. It's a republic based on the 2 party system governed with democratic principles. There may be some lip service paid to a 3rd party but right now I can't see any successful efforts launched by candidates within their ranks. Besides...the 2 partys we have now can't function together as a team...could you imagine a 3rd party thrown into this mess me call government?

Which radical wing, the log cabin crew or the ones y'all are claiming that wants to force Christianity down every ones throat?

The Log Cabin crew are not radical. Are you fucking kidding me? :rofl:

The ones wanting to force Christianity down every ones throat obviously. You know, ban Gay Marriage, force children to learn it in school as "science" and pray, and a whole bunch of other bullshit.

The Log Cabin people deserve a medal in either bravery or stupidity or both. I know if I was a group of people who kept calling me a mark on society, subhuman, and some aspects even wanted me "eliminated" that I wouldn't stick around.

Guess you missed the part where Republicans were thrown out over the past 6 years? Time for Democrats to catch up.

This country is not a democracy. It's a republic based on the 2 party system governed with democratic principles. There may be some lip service paid to a 3rd party but right now I can't see any successful efforts launched by candidates within their ranks. Besides...the 2 partys we have now can't function together as a team...could you imagine a 3rd party thrown into this mess me call government?

Trust me, 2000 showed us all quite well that this country isn't a Democracy.

Just because one fears change, doesn't mean we should not proceed with it. A 3rd party would be the beginning of change, the start of a new era.

On the idea of a 3rd Party Revolution:

As JFK once stated (though not on the same topic):

"But the greatest danger of all would be to do nothing. The path we have chosen for the present is full of hazards, as all paths are."

Guess you missed the part where Republicans were thrown out over the past 6 years? Time for Democrats to catch up.

Last I checked, plenty of them are still there. So are the Democrats. The status quo really did not change, just the circumstances of how it goes about did.

Trust me, 2000 showed us all quite well that this country isn't a Democracy.

Just because one fears change, doesn't mean we should not proceed with it. A 3rd party would be the beginning of change, the start of a new era.

On the idea of a 3rd Party Revolution:

As JFK once stated (though not on the same topic):

"But the greatest danger of all would be to do nothing. The path we have chosen for the present is full of hazards, as all paths are."

True Modbert but at this point in the countrys history I think we should get the 2 partys we have now to function correctly...then we can entertain a 3rd party. This is only my opinion. How is another whiny bunch of politicians looking out for their own special interests going to be the sort of change we want in our political system?

The Log Cabin crew are not radical. Are you fucking kidding me? :rofl:

The ones wanting to force Christianity down every ones throat obviously. You know, ban Gay Marriage, force children to learn it in school as "science" and pray, and a whole bunch of other bullshit.

The Log Cabin people deserve a medal in either bravery or stupidity or both. I know if I was a group of people who kept calling me a mark on society, subhuman, and some aspects even wanted me "eliminated" that I wouldn't stick around.
You are saying that they want to "ban" something that did not exist until most recently in a few areas where there were massive lobbying areas. Obviously the majority did not agree with GM as a feasible or reasonable expectation.

Force what in school? The majority simply do not want to be harassed for their beliefs. The majority still believes that they have the right to determine what is acceptable for their children. Teaching them "fisting" and other sex techniques in a public school setting is not acceptable, damn that is radical and right wing.

If a judge has the ten commandments in his courtroom it is too much for Christian haters. You surely would not think that believers would not fight back against the hate that has been spewed out at them for the last fifty years and getting more rabid by the day from many of these people out there.

Forum List

Back