An Observation

Of course it matters. It matters because of the terrible situation it created in the Middle East.

If we win in Iraq, (whatever winning in Iraq means) will you say it doesn't matter why Bush got us involved in that war?
Methinks you are somewhat confused.

Of course it matters. It matters because of the terrible situation it created in the Middle East.

If we win in Iraq, (whatever winning in Iraq means) will you say it doesn't matter why Bush got us involved in that war?

Do you mean to say that you think the situation in the Middle East wasn't terrible before?

There were wars in the Middle East before there was Muslims and they managed to up the ante on what has always been one of the most violence prone areas of the world since God said "Let there Be light" The war in both Iran and Iraq remains in many ways a war to see if Democracy can tame the Baser instincts of Islam as it once tamed the baser instincts of Roman Catholicism.

The reason American policy supports Isreal has NOTHING to do with American not bewing able to have discussion about it, BAC.

I've been having this discussion with rational Zionists for decades.

Again, I do not agree. Censorship surrounds everything Israel in this country.

Any guess why this thread which supports zionism isn't in the basement?

Rational conversation on Israel would force the recognition that our policy in the ME is mindless .. and the crap about jewish victimhood is bullshit.

America deserves every drop of anti-americanism that is growing around the world .. and Americans will justly deserve the blowback.

Last edited:
It's a victory when a democratic government exists that can protect it's own nation and people and keep civil order. They are pretty much getting there, finally. Focus is shifting now to Afghanistan, and more specifically, Northwest Pakistan.

:lol:

Thanks for the laugh first thing in the morning. Unfortunately a stable Iraq is a pipe dream. The current regional and civil war has been brewing for years, Saddam was the wedge and force that kept a lid on the Sunnis and Shia.

When I was in Iraq, the number of Iraqi National Guard members who played for both sides was the biggest problem. We had guys who would receive money and training from our forces in the day, only to join the insurgency and attack our gates with mortars at night. This is why our military leaders our very humble about the situation, being there is sobering, and like Sec.Gates already stated, any gains in stability and security can be rolled back rather quickly.

Even the most optimistic person, can see the situation for what it is, and realize stability without major US involvement is laughable.

If the Palestinians took all their weapons and dumped them into the sea, what would happen?

If Israel took all of their weapons and dumped them into the sea, what would happen?

It really is a case of 'being on the other side...'

If I can add to that, terrorism is an act of violence against an INTENDED CIVILIAN TARGET for the purpose of affecting political conditions.

Absolutely right.

Terrorism is a tried and true method of effecting political conditions and it is nothing new.

Is is as old as war itself. Using terror tactics as a means of war is far older than the existence of nations or of national armies.

Terrorism WAS the first conventional system of war.

Forum List

Back