An Observation

with all due respect ....

Eots, at the beginning of the last century fairies were everywhere, they inhabited the minds and explained the actions of missing objects, of strange events, of things that didn't make sense. Before that it was demons or devils, spirits that caused these strange things to happen. But we live in the modern world and now fairies and spirits have lost their powers to science and reason, so now we attribute the strange events to coteries of others, even when a simpler, more likely explanation is possible. As I was driving home from dinner tonight I asked my wife why she thought so many believe in conspiracies. Her answer was it makes events interesting and exceptional, I can't explain why all those people, if you interpreting them correctly, believe in fairies, but why do you believe?

I did not read all the posts so excuse me if I am repeating another.

Conspiracy thinking is natural for humans and the source of meaning for some. It cannot be that 19 men brought down a landmark, or one man blew up a federal building in Oklahoma, or a single gunman killed a president. Life needs more significance than 'they did it.' If something happens or exists it must have meaningful cause, and importantly purpose. And the cause can't be simple, or just luck, or arbitrary, it must transcend simple. e.g. We are not a happy accident of a material world, but a chosen species. If I have a good life it can't be because I was lucky to be born into my particular situation, but rather it is something in me that made me who I am. And determinism is alien to most humans too. That gay person chooses to be gay, that drug addict chose that life. It can't be that the soup of life and experience are complicated. We can't have that, we are an order seeking people. So when events happen that confuse, all sorts of explanations grow out of a need to make sense of it, to fit it into a paradigm that allows us to continue.

PS thus the need and power of education and experience.

People in general cannot accept the fact that shit happens, randomly. "A place for everything, and everything in its place."

For instance, I am sure that there MUST be some conspiracy going here to get me to agree with you on something for once. It's just too hard to fathom that we might actually.:eusa_whistle:

Eots, at the beginning of the last century fairies were everywhere, they inhabited the minds and explained the actions of missing objects, of strange events, of things that didn't make sense. Before that it was demons or devils, spirits that caused these strange things to happen. But we live in the modern world and now fairies and spirits have lost their powers to science and reason, so now we attribute the strange events to coteries of others, even when a simpler, more likely explanation is possible. As I was driving home from dinner tonight I asked my wife why she thought so many believe in conspiracies. Her answer was it makes events interesting and exceptional, I can't explain why all those people, if you interpreting them correctly, believe in fairies, but why do you believe?

its a god dam criminal case ! there are top level officials that state direct knowleadge..there is evidence that is withheld ,with cooperation it is a solvable crime... wtf are you talking about fairies for have you ever heard me talk OF THE PARANORMAL..i am talking about a crime..can you produce a hundred top level military experts that are petitioning the government to investigate fucking faries!...give yer head a shake

People in general cannot accept the fact that shit happens, randomly. "A place for everything, and everything in its place."

For instance, I am sure that there MUST be some conspiracy going here to get me to agree with you on something for once. It's just too hard to fathom that we might actually.:eusa_whistle:

ya people like these types

http://patriotsquestion911.com/

Major General Albert Stubblebine, U.S. Army (ret) – Former Commanding General of U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command, 1981 - 1984. Also commanded the U.S. Army’s Electronic Research and Development Command and the U.S. Army’s Intelligence School and Center. Former head of Imagery Interpretation for Scientific and Technical Intelligence. 32-year Army career.

Member, Military Intelligence Hall of Fame.

Lt. Col. Robert Bowman, PhD, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Director of Advanced Space Programs Development under Presidents Ford and Carter. U.S. Air Force fighter pilot with over 100 combat missions. (PhD in Aeronautics and Nuclear Engineering, Cal Tech). Former Head of the Department of Aeronautical Engineering and Assistant Dean at the U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology. 22-year Air Force career. Also taught Mathematics and English at the University of Southern California, the University of Maryland, and Phillips University.

Commander Dennis Henry, U.S. Navy Reserve (ret), BS CE, PE – Retired from U.S. Navy Reserve, Civil Engineering Corps after 20 years of service. Retired Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Missouri. 34 years of service as a City Engineer, designing bridges, roadways, storm, sanitary sewers, and traffic signals.
Statement in support of Architects and Engineers petition:
"Being a civil engineer and understanding the laws of physics, I know that a building cannot fall at free fall speed without the floors already falling also giving no resistance. I wish our Congressmen were as smart, and also showed some backbone and got a truly independent investigation going. Also, this 911 truth movement has shown to me that our press is as every bit controlled and spits out as much propaganda as I thought Pravda did for the old Soviet Union. My eyes have been awakened to many things, and I have come to learn that we do not live in as free a country as I thought we did, and with the passage of the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, it has become even less so."

Signatory: Petition requesting a reinvestigation of 9/11, signed by more than 250 Architects and Engineers:

"On Behalf of the People of the United States of America, the undersigned Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth and affiliates hereby petition for, and demand, a truly independent investigation with subpoena power in order to uncover the full truth surrounding the events of 9/11/01 - specifically the collapse of the World Trade Center Towers and Building 7. We believe that there is sufficient doubt about the official story and therefore that the 9/11 investigation must be re-opened and must include a full inquiry into the possible use of explosives that may have been the actual cause behind the destruction of the World Trade Center Towers and WTC Building 7." http://www.ae911truth.org/joinus.php

ANY WAY YOU KNOW THE TYPE...THOSE KIND..OF THAT ..ILK
you bunch of courageous,intelligent ,experienced,exceptional, patriotic..
sons of bitches...in tinfoil hats..off there meds.. who cant even read popular mechanics...types

Forum List

Back