An Observation

As opposed to Bush-loving, partisan hacks, who have no other life than defending the indefensible, of course. :cuckoo:

As far as I know, I barely qualify for a partisan hack, either way.

I'd say the conspiracy theories are pretty well confined to the Conspiracy Theory section of the board and basically are the purview of a few posters.

So I'm not quite sure what constructive purpose this observation was, given that it's accuracy isn't quite there in any event.

aha...divide and conqure.... watch this.....its because she is not respecting your authority and sending a PM and instead publicly express her concerns over the terrible job you do

As far as I know, I barely qualify for a partisan hack, either way.

According to people like Jillian and her liberal buddies, anyone that has not drank the " Bush is a liar and an evil man" koolaid then they support everything he has ever done. She nor her allies can not even grasp the ignorance of such a stand and such a claim.

For all of you critics ....

What is your suggested course of action? Censorship?

I'm sure all here are quite aware of my obvious opinion of the conspiracy crowd and their theories. But I could easily include most of the mindless, "Bush lied" and/or "Saddam didn't have any WMDs" crowd in the same bunch, right?

Conspiracy theories that are obviously nothing but that get put in the Conspiracy Theories forum. However, this is the same crap as questioning what is and is not a "current event" ... Technically speaking, ANY unsubstantiated allegation can be labelled a "conspiracy theory," and most likely a "current event" as well.

So, is it being suggested I censor members for their beliefs? And if so, feel free to suggest a stop and start and start point at which beliefs do and don't get the axe.

How VERY politically correct.:eusa_eh:

For all of you critics ....

What is your suggested course of action? Censorship?

I'm sure all here are quite aware of my obvious opinion of the conspiracy crowd and their theories. But I could easily include most of the mindless, "Bush lied" and/or "Saddam didn't have any WMDs" crowd in the same bunch, right?

Conspiracy theories that are obviously nothing but that get put in the Conspiracy Theories forum. However, this is the same crap as questioning what is and is not a "current event" ... Technically speaking, ANY unsubstantiated allegation can be labelled a "conspiracy theory," and most likely a "current event" as well.

So, is it being suggested I censor members for their beliefs? And if so, feel free to suggest a stop and start and start point at which beliefs do and don't get the axe.

How VERY politically correct.:eusa_eh:
There is no course of action, in my opinion, other than what has been done, i.e., remove the conspiracy threads to their own section of the board. The difficulty arises when these conspiracy lunes post within the threads of others. I suppose that's when the "ignore" function is useful. I do not guess that the initial post in this thread was a criticism of the board administration. It seemed to me to be an observation about how recent board content has been adversely affected by the conspiracy bizarros. It is also quantity as well as content. This AM when I logged on, 4 of 12 threads under new posts were sick paranoid conspiracy fantasies. Why the conspiracy people have chosen to make their delusional deposits on this board I have no idea.

There is no course of action, in my opinion, other than what has been done, i.e., remove the conspiracy threads to their own section of the board. The difficulty arises when these conspiracy lunes post within the threads of others. I suppose that's when the "ignore" function is useful. I do not guess that the initial post in this thread was a criticism of the board administration. It seemed to me to be an observation about how recent board content has been adversely affected by the conspiracy bizarros. It is also quantity as well as content. This AM when I logged on, 4 of 12 threads under new posts were sick paranoid conspiracy fantasies. Why the conspiracy people have chosen to make their delusional deposits on this board I have no idea.

A guess on my part would be that they aren't allowed the freedom of speech on other forums they are here.

I do my best to put threads where they go, to the point of cutting posts from threads and using them to create new threads in the Conspiracy theories forum.

Some stuff slips through, and other stuff isn't worth messing with. Ignoring it is probably the best one can do.

while I agree with the sentiment that tin foil is the current fashion lately I have to admit that it's a lot of fun giving them the "whack-a-mole" treatment.

A guess on my part would be that they aren't allowed the freedom of speech on other forums they are here.

I do my best to put threads where they go, to the point of cutting posts from threads and using them to create new threads in the Conspiracy theories forum.

Some stuff slips through, and other stuff isn't worth messing with. Ignoring it is probably the best one can do.

no its because on other message boards its like preaching to the choir

ya im sure you spend a lot of time whacking your mole

:rofl:

you dont have to be bitter because your "evidence" amounts to a grainy black and white photo that may or may not be nessie, dude. Go dig up some viable evidence and present your case instead of expecting the rest of us to WANT to see boogeymen where ther are none.

Seems this has turned into the conspiracy board. I'm happy for the owner that a theme has become obvious. Who would have thought eots would win the day? Not me, slap me with the mackeral.

I had this exact same thought just yesterday...maybe Saturday...possibly Friday. It sure has curtailed my participation, on the other hand, it has also provided me with a chuckle or two.

ya you yuk it clowny..get used to it theres a revoluton occuring... this board simply reflects that reality

You better believe that while I will raise my weapons AGAINST any President or Government that tries to subvert the Constitution. I will just as easily raise my weapons AGAINST any one that tries to illegally overthrow our Government.

ya you yuk it clowny..get used to it theres a revoluton occuring... this board simply reflects that reality

This too shall pass. Rational members will tire of humoring those of you who see conspiracies at every turn and eventually you will be relegated to the dust bin of lunacy. Enjoy yourself while it lasts.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
rev·o·lu·tion /ˌrɛvəˈluʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rev-uh-loo-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.
2. Sociology. a radical and pervasive change in society and the social structure, esp. one made suddenly and often accompanied by violence. Compare social evolution.
3. a sudden, complete or marked change in something:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/revolution

I had this exact same thought just yesterday...maybe Saturday...possibly Friday. It sure has curtailed my participation, on the other hand, it has also provided me with a chuckle or two.

Yes. EOR and his ilk aren't reflective of the country as a whole. Looks like for whatever reason some conspiracy theory advocates have been converging here. I don't have time to waste on most of them. But not everyone who falls into the "conspiracy theorist" category is that way. There's at least one here who will have a civil discussion whether you agree or not, and I know a guy outside of the web setting who is a huge Alex Jones fan and will sit down and discuss all of it any time I want. Doesn't bother me having conspiracy theory fans on board, but just stupidity in general, but too often the mindset that leads many people to cling to conspiracy theories is the one that leads to attacks if you don't agree with it. EOR, for example, doesn't know how to handle it if someone doesn't agree with him. Others do, so I suggest restricting your participation to those who do, since the Board admins don't seem to have any intention of enforcing the rules (which is fine with me, I prefer laissez faire in 9/10 cases).

I never claimed that I or those that share my views are reflective of the country as a whole
I was suggesting that the division between those that believe the government is involved in a hidden agenda and those that accept the party line is reflected in the country as a whole
as is the growing number that no longer accept the party line and if these people represent people of my ilk I'm all right with that....http://patriotsquestion911.com/

I never claimed that I or those that share my views are reflective of the country as a whole
I was suggesting that the division between those that believe the government is involved in a hidden agenda and those that accept the party line is reflected in the country as a whole
as is the growing number that no longer accept the party line and if these people represent people of my ilk I'm all right with that....http://patriotsquestion911.com/

And there you go again, claiming that because someone does not believe the Government always tells the truth they believe your bullshit. And that if they do NOT believe your ignorant claims they are blind and stupid.

And there you go again, claiming that because someone does not believe the Government always tells the truth they believe your bullshit. And that if they do NOT believe your ignorant claims they are blind and stupid.

no there you go again I CLEARLY STATED those that believe the"government"
is involved in a hidden agenda... NOT..THOSE THAT DON'T BELIEVE THE GOVERNMENT ALWAYS TELLS THE TRUTH.....I don't believe there is anyone that believes the government always tells the truth

0330375466.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I highly recommend this book.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Them-Adventures-Extremists-Jon-Ronson/dp/0743233212/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203979891&sr=8-1[/ame]

Its hilarious.

Forum List

Back