An Obama supporter asks Republicans: Do you admire Mitt Romney?

I hate Obama because he eats house pets.

Lies like that don't count.

But, endlessly repeating the same lies about President Obama is a great way to cover up the lies that Mittens tells almost every single day.

That's the real problem with trying to find something to like or admire about Mittens - he lies. If we judge him by his own words and his own actions, there is only one possible conclusion : the man does not have an honest bone in his body.
And you believe obamaturd, why? He has lied and proven he has lied. Obamaturd has said the same old lies over and over so many times that idiots believed him. Swallow that.

What I find amusing about threads like this is that the average liberal on this site has a hard time convincing themselves, let alone anyone else, that Barry's been much of a President, yet they question the support of conservatives for Mitt Romney.

And if you ask them what they expect Obama to accomplish with another four years...given his inability to get anything done in the first three and a half...they don't really have an answer because it's pretty obvious that he WON'T get anything done because he's incapable of building a political concensus with his opposition. Now you can get all huffy about how it's not his fault but the fault of the GOP that relations are as bad as they are (something that ignores entirely how cavalierly Obama treated the GOP's concerns when he was governing with super majorities) but the fact remains that if he couldn't work with the opposition BEFORE then what makes you think he'll do any better this time around? At least with Romney, you've got someone who's shown quite clearly that he CAN work across the aisle to get things done. Isn't that what we need?

Last edited:
obama's main difficulty is going to be that when people decide who to vote for it becomes very personal. The question "Are you better off than you were four years ago" is a profund question. It does no good to tell people now on food stamps when they used to work that college girls want free contraception. Or that parents will now have the the dubious benefit of having to support "children" until they near 30. The businessman trying to scrabble the funds to expand isn't going to be persuaded of obama's greatness because he repealed DADT. It come down to making an individual decision of whether they are personally better off paying four bucks a gallon for gas than they were four years ago when gas was less than two bucks a gallon for gas.

obama is going to compound his difficulty by tilting at windmills when there is an army at his back. He is going to go around proving his bones as a late night stock guest rather than dealing with the nation's problems. While he is making a joke about his scandals his government is collapsing around him.

Any politician who reaches the point of being either President or his party's nominee has accomplished a great deal, and in one sense that is admirable regardless of anything else.

When a wealthy person achieves things, many of his economic inferiors (just about everybody) simply can't get past the "rich" part, and want to denigrate those accomplishments simply because the person didn't have to work their way up from nothing.

Romney has tremendous accomplishments in both the public and private sectors. In addition to making a lot of money, he saved many companies and saved JOBS for the hapless folks who were working for the struggling companies that Bane Capital acquired and turned around. In that regard, he is truly an admirable person.

Politically, he was elected Republican governor of a state that is politically Left of the old Soviet Union, and proceeded to do a pretty good job, although the ninnies who live there would NEVER be satisfied, simply because he was a Republican.

and not to cast aspersions, but many of Our Beloved President's accomplishments have been either questionable or based on false premises. Most poignantly, he was elected with NO KNOWN AGENDA ("hope & change" doesn't count), and only succeeded in getting elected through the combination of (a) anti-Bush fervor, (b) a horrible opponent, and (c) White guilt. Since ascending to office he has accomplished absolutely NOTHING on the positive side, but managed to blow five trillion dollars and bring hundreds of thousands of more Americans onto the government's teats.

Nobody "hates" Barry. He seems like a fairly likable sort of fellow. But he has been one horrible President who is apparently going to try to win re-election through fomenting a veritable class war. It is not for nothing that many people are violently opposed to his candidacy. If it makes you feel superior to classify that violent opposition as "hatred," or worse - "bigotry," well, I guess there's nothing that can be done about that.

I admire President Obama. I admire his intelligence, his competence, and his rationality and patience in the face of opponents who...well...let's just say they never quite signed on to the whole Earth being round thing. I find his attitudes and values similar to my own, and in many respects I find that he leads by example.

Do you, Romney supporters, feel the same way about your candidate? Does he inspire you? Are his values a higher example of your own?

I'm also curious, just in hindsight, whether you felt that way about George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Are those your ideal "Americans"? If you've changed your mind about them, have you reached any conclusions about why you failed to see what the other half of the country saw about them immediately?

Returning to Romney, if you don't admire him, is it just that you hate Obama so much (three guesses why that hatred is so much more intense in the South) that anyone you think has a shot at beating him is acceptable?

Was it the same story with Al Gore in 2000 - you just hated him so much that peace and prosperity were too high a price to pay for having a Democrat in the White House?

Thanks for your input.

Oh, dear. I DO hope you're wearing full body armor.

I have to laugh...when I ask progressives on here to name Barry's professional extraordinary accomplishments since leaving Harvard Law School...they all head for the exits.

It's a remarkable thing...we elected a man who's whose only real talent is reading speeches off a piece of plexiglass a foot in front of his face and making it sound believable.

Sorry for killing the thread...

I admire President Obama. I admire his intelligence, his competence, and his rationality and patience in the face of opponents who...well...let's just say they never quite signed on to the whole Earth being round thing. I find his attitudes and values similar to my own, and in many respects I find that he leads by example.

Do you, Romney supporters, feel the same way about your candidate? Does he inspire you? Are his values a higher example of your own?

I'm also curious, just in hindsight, whether you felt that way about George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Are those your ideal "Americans"? If you've changed your mind about them, have you reached any conclusions about why you failed to see what the other half of the country saw about them immediately?

Returning to Romney, if you don't admire him, is it just that you hate Obama so much (three guesses why that hatred is so much more intense in the South) that anyone you think has a shot at beating him is acceptable?

Was it the same story with Al Gore in 2000 - you just hated him so much that peace and prosperity were too high a price to pay for having a Democrat in the White House?

Thanks for your input.

good grief....:eusa_shifty:

Over 900 people "admired" Jim Jones too and look what that got them..

Obamabots give me the willies

Forum List

Back