An issue of spending money now or spending money later

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
50% of all pregnancies in the US are unplanned. That's a lot of people who are failing at using protection.

The question is, should the goverment do anything about it?

Is it better to spend money now on sexual education/abstinence programs, low cost/free contraceptives and lower the number of unplanned pregnancies or, should the goverment get out of the Title Funding business and accept future costs to the state as a consequence?

50% of all pregnancies in the US are unplanned. That's a lot of people who are failing at using protection.

Is it better to spend money now on sexual education/abstinence programs, low cost/free contraceptives and lower the number of unplanned pregnancies or, should the goverment get out of the Title Funding business and accept future costs to the state as a consequence?
No... I don't believe the Federal government should do anything about it.

I can see that prospective. Part of me feels the same, but then I think that investing now is cheaper than shelling money later to care for a child.

I can see that prospective. Part of me feels the same, but then I think that investing now is cheaper than shelling money later to care for a child.
Oh I'm sure it would be. I just can't do it.

50% of all pregnancies are unplanned? Seriously?

I guess that works if you count a woman who intended to get pregnant in 3 months and stopped taking contraceptives under the advise of a doctor. Personally, I count pregnancies that come earlier than planned as intended, but I don't have an agenda to try to prove that women need contraceptives.

I don't know which is sicker, the idea that you think the government's policy on childbirth should be driven by money or that you think it's government's job in the first place.

I agree Army, as an addiction counselor I feel drug education should be in there too. Both will not only save money but will save life's as well.

I guess that works if you count a woman who intended to get pregnant in 3 months and stopped taking contraceptives under the advise of a doctor. Personally, I count pregnancies that come earlier than planned as intended, but I don't have an agenda to try to prove that women need contraceptives.

CDC - Unintended Pregnancy Prevention - Reproductive Health

It's not my number, but the CDC's.

I don't know which is sicker, the idea that you think the government's policy on childbirth should be driven by money or that you think it's government's job in the first place.

I'm torn on if its a government issue or not. As for being driven by money, I never said that, although unlike many I consider whether policy is cost effective, it's not the deciding factor, but it is a factor for me.

CDC - Unintended Pregnancy Prevention - Reproductive Health

It's not my number, but the CDC's.

I did not say it is your number, I said the number itself is bogus.

I'm torn on if its a government issue or not. As for being driven by money, I never said that, although unlike many I consider whether policy is cost effective, it's not the deciding factor, but it is a factor for me.

:eusa_eh:

My first son was unplanned. You know, most people have Jack Daniels or Budweiser to thank for their existence! :D

United STATES of America, NOT Federated Government of America.

americans like the government out of their business and personal matters.

My first son was unplanned. You know, most people have Jack Daniels or Budweiser to thank for their existence! :D

can you believe my parents were just standard insane, didnt need help.

United STATES of America, NOT Federated Government of America.

americans like the government out of their business and personal matters.
This I agree with... If a State wants to do it... I don't have a problem with that. Federal... Shouldn't even think about it.

Let's see dumbfuck, I got sex education back in the 80s when I was teen and Reagan was POTUS.....but you're claiming Romney and Ryan are going to take away sex education from teens today because you're a lying sack of shit.

Oh, let's also pay for their abortions too behind their parent's backs, right? People shouldn't pay for their own problems, make others pay for it is your solution.

Let's see dumbfuck, I got sex education back in the 80s when I was teen and Reagan was POTUS.....but you're claiming Romney and Ryan are going to take away sex education from teens today because you're a lying sack of shit.

Oh, let's also pay for their abortions too behind their parent's backs, right? People shouldn't pay for their own problems, make others pay for it is your solution.

..... Are you high?

Forum List

Back