an Irish boy in London 1964-ostracized? ethnic harassment?

Ado about nothing. It is my estimation that the Brits should probably exercise a bit more xenophobia. My God...parts of London, Birmingham...Manchester resemble Islamabad more than Britain.

What a mess they have created for themselves.
Isn't that something?

What I've seen and heard about the Muslim migration into England is surprising and a bit depressing. Depressing because it is likely the precursor of what very well could be happening here -- quite likely in fact if the Democrats assume control. Surprising because the British people, themselves, are tolerating it, knowing what has happened in Sweden and is happening in Germany and France.
People will tolerate most things as long as their basic needs are met. We are getting the same thing in equal doses, just a different demographic. The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 set in motion what we are seeing today, a huge shift toward 2nd and 3rd world immigrants.
So, for all of the bluster and antics regarding illegal immigration, we are still admitting >900K non W Europeans/yr...and an additional 75K refugees. These people do not share the same ideals as they are from cultures which are highly divergent from our own. The demographic shift is measurable and, as with Europe, intentional.
As these trends continue the shift (culturally) will become more drastic with the passing of time. The gig is up...they sold the island.
We haven't experienced anything like the Brits have in terms of aggressive behavior by migrant Muslims. I believe our armed population and our extremely aggressive police agencies are the reason for that, but I'm not sufficiently confident of the future to disagree with what you've said.
----------------------------------------------- armed population will do very little or nothing !! Police agencies will do as they are told to do by their Bosses . Afterall , payday is on Friday MikeK !!

Ado about nothing. It is my estimation that the Brits should probably exercise a bit more xenophobia. My God...parts of London, Birmingham...Manchester resemble Islamabad more than Britain.

Isn't that something?

What I've seen and heard about the Muslim migration into England is surprising and a bit depressing. Depressing because it is likely the precursor of what very well could be happening here -- quite likely in fact if the Democrats assume control. Surprising because the British people, themselves, are tolerating it, knowing what has happened in Sweden and is happening in Germany and France.
People will tolerate most things as long as their basic needs are met. We are getting the same thing in equal doses, just a different demographic. The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 set in motion what we are seeing today, a huge shift toward 2nd and 3rd world immigrants.
So, for all of the bluster and antics regarding illegal immigration, we are still admitting >900K non W Europeans/yr...and an additional 75K refugees. These people do not share the same ideals as they are from cultures which are highly divergent from our own. The demographic shift is measurable and, as with Europe, intentional.
As these trends continue the shift (culturally) will become more drastic with the passing of time. The gig is up...they sold the island.
We haven't experienced anything like the Brits have in terms of aggressive behavior by migrant Muslims. I believe our armed population and our extremely aggressive police agencies are the reason for that, but I'm not sufficiently confident of the future to disagree with what you've said.
But we have experienced a disproportionate jump in crime via our Hispanic demographic. As with the Brits we have seen a spike in crime rates between immigrant pops and their children.

Crime rises among second-generation immigrants as they assimilate

"As they assimilate" lol! They were born here....hahaha! Assimilate...what a shitlib title...but stats are stats.

Since this thread appears to have morphed from the topic of an Irish boy in London somehow to Muslims in Britain. I live in Northern Virginia, which has a significant Muslim population, and immigrant populations from just about every country in the world and just about every faith. We here do not experience the sort of trouble from Muslims that so many of the posters on USMB either speculate about or actually experience. It just doesn't happen. Somebody out there is making this stuff up for their own ends.

Yes, there have been Muslims in Britain who have committed crimes. No one can deny that. However, the British police blotters also feature a copious amount of non-Muslims, who are not given the same publicity (I read BBC News every day). Don't get carried away by anti-Muslim hysteria over here in the U.S. It seems that the worst troublemakers are not Muslims, including those who brag about being of other faiths besides Muslim.

I can't answer your specific question, but I can speak of prejudice in general.

Where there are differences there will be prejudice. Even among any group, there will be a subset, your height, your hair, your socio-economic status, the size of your ears etc. Even worse among kids.

I've experienced what many now refer to as "reverse discrimination", i just called it "racism". That was life. Overall it made me a stronger person, and I also have a healthy respect for people of all colors, races, religions and economic statuses. I'm not immune to have lashed out at someone as a youth as I had it piled on me at a young age, but once you mature, you look back and analyze, "that was the circumstances".

The British by the way have long had this history. Winston Churchill was made fun of ruthlessly as an ADULT, for having an American mother, he was referred to as a "half breed". Jimi Hendrix experienced less racism and more acceptance in Britain when he went there (it helped that the Paul McCartney praised him), but, he had a horrible racist interaction with the police there.

Unfortunately it exists everywhere.

"Irish" isn't a race though. We and the Brits have the same race in common. British attitudes toward the Irish stem from economic chauvinism --- the primitive concept that "if we conquered you, then you must be inferior".
Conquest is a measure of superiority.

Yeah well England always had a much bigger population size than Ireland...

Everybody and their struggle..."I had a certain deep sense of being an outsider"...lol! What a twit.

Why?

Were you there?

The point is, he was an outsider. Why wouldn't he FEEL like one? If he didn't, wouldn't that be a bit odd?
...very interesting /good point here....I'm not making this into a hate/racist thread at all...but for an example only--I've told the story of how I grew up in a mostly black hood---I never felt like an outsider--because we grew up with our black friends
..however my brother did go to a ''black'' bar one time when he was older.....and the clientele really ''didn't like'' him there---of course he felt like an outsider
...yes, most would natural feel like an outsider--but also people are natural leery of outsiders
...and as others have stated here, the history affects how people treat outsiders

Isn't that something?

Blacks in the UK actually have higher rates of crime than Muslims in the UK, and Blacks in the U.S.A have even higher crime rates than that...

Since this thread appears to have morphed from the topic of an Irish boy in London somehow to Muslims in Britain. I live in Northern Virginia, which has a significant Muslim population, and immigrant populations from just about every country in the world and just about every faith. We here do not experience the sort of trouble from Muslims that so many of the posters on USMB either speculate about or actually experience. It just doesn't happen. Somebody out there is making this stuff up for their own ends.

Yes, there have been Muslims in Britain who have committed crimes. No one can deny that. However, the British police blotters also feature a copious amount of non-Muslims, who are not given the same publicity (I read BBC News every day). Don't get carried away by anti-Muslim hysteria over here in the U.S. It seems that the worst troublemakers are not Muslims, including those who brag about being of other faiths besides Muslim.
that's fine..I did include ethnic harassment in the title --

Everybody and their struggle..."I had a certain deep sense of being an outsider"...lol! What a twit.

Why?

Were you there?

The point is, he was an outsider. Why wouldn't he FEEL like one? If he didn't, wouldn't that be a bit odd?
...very interesting /good point here....I'm not making this into a hate/racist thread at all...but for an example only--I've told the story of how I grew up in a mostly black hood---I never felt like an outsider--because we grew up with our black friends
..however my brother did go to a ''black'' bar one time when he was older.....and the clientele really ''didn't like'' him there---of course he felt like an outsider
...yes, most would natural feel like an outsider--but also people are natural leery of outsiders
...and as others have stated here, the history affects how people treat outsiders
Yes...you...as a white person are the only one who is made to feel guilty. Only you. Every other races uniqueness and contribution is celebrated not only as individual achievement but also as a representative member of their race/culture/ethnic group.
It's all a mind fuck baby.

Because my cell in the world body is indicative of the entire body.

Funny how somebody puts up a story about an Irish experience in England and in come the Booga Booga Boyz to change the subject to "Mooooooooooooslims".

Y'all need a life. Seriously.

Forum List

Back