An invasion of Syria, will barbacue the United States!

Discussion in 'Military' started by Billo_Really, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Billo_Really

Billo_Really Litre of the Band

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,261
    Russia has come out and said any attack on Syria, it will consider a threat to its national security and would respond with nuclear weapons.

Everyone in the world can see we're going from country to country, making up reasons to invade sovereign nations and change the existing regimes to more US friendly rulers. And people who support this aggression, are completely retarded if they think we can just continue to do this with no opposition.

"We're the only super power, no one will fuck with us!"

Well guess again! Russia has drawn a line in the sand. And that line is Syria.

I can't predict the future; what I can predict, is what I'm gonna do if I hear Russia launched its ICBM's. I figure I've got about 20 minutes to go out and find me a neocon and beat the holy shit out of him! That will be my last act on earth. Beating some war-mongering asshole into a coma, is just my way of saying, "Fuck you, very much, for destroying this planet!"

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    Too many Americans like to think it's 1945 and we just defeated Japan and Germany.

3. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Think yer info is a little outdated...

... lately Russia has seen the handwriting on the wall...

... and more or less abandoned Assad...

... and welcome anyone who would take him off their hands...

... since they're not willing to grant him asylum themselves.
    :redface:
    UN envoy says Syrian collapse threatens region
    Dec 29,`12 -- The United Nations envoy for Syria warned on Saturday that the country's civil war could plunge the entire region into chaos by sending hundreds of thousands of refugees into neighboring nations, but his talks in Moscow produced no sign of progress toward settling the crisis.
    See also:

Syria faces 'hell' if no deal to end crisis - UN envoy
    29 December 2012 - The opposition says more than 44,000 people have been killed over the past 21 months

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  4. Godboy

Godboy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,461
    Am i reading this right? Russia will go to full blown nuclear war with the US in order to protect Syria? Help me understand this. They are going to kill themselves for Syria?

What the fuck have you been smoking?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Hundreds Executed In Syria...
    :eusa_eh:
    Deadly day in Syria as diplomats talk
    Sat December 29, 2012 - Opposition reports 399 dead, including 201 a Syrian solder says were executed; State TV reports Syrian forces seize weapons in tunnel used by "terrorists"; Russian foreign minister joins a U.N. envoy in trying to forge a political solution to Syria's war; He says he's surprised the Syrian opposition put conditions on talks
    See also:

International Syria envoy warns of surge in deaths
    Dec 30,`12 -- The international envoy to Syria warned Sunday that as many as 100,000 could die in the next year if a way cannot be found quickly to end the country's civil war.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  6. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Russia may be in agreement that Assad is on the outs. But they ain't going to put up with a Middle East locked up by the US.

Neither will China.

And that's the bottom line.

7. MHunterB

MHunterB Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,775
    Maybe it's not the choice of any of those three nations to make?

Not that I disagree with you about how Russia or China sees the situation!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  8. RoccoR

RoccoR Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,675
    MHunterB, et al,

It really doesn't matter what Russia, China or anyone else thinks. The US should not base its action on what other externals think.

By the same token, US action should be well thought out, and do no harm in the end. The Foreign Policy should be based on the concept that - whatever action we take - the outcome must either:
    • Benefit Regional Peace.
    OR​
    • Be benign, not effecting the outcome.
    (COMMENT)

When we strip away the superfluous politics out of the equation, I think most agree that Russia has (quite effectively) worked to maintain an imbalance in the Middle East, and contributed to the chaos in regional security (very effectively!). China, as been the silent player, for the most part, and not initiated policies that have contributed to the destabilization. The US, whatever its intention, has not been successful in stabilizing the region, rebuilding the peace, and contributing to the economic prosperity for any of the countries involved. The US Middle East Foreign Policy has been an unqualified failure. And the US needs to take that into account when considering getting involved in the events that describe Syria today.

The US should back away from Syria, whatever the outcome might be. Not because we are threatened by other world powers, but because, every single time the US intervenes in that region of the world, the outcomes becomes extremely complicated, unpredictable and (ultimately) less than successful. Iraq, no matter how well intentioned our motives, is damn near a total failure, and was a complete disaster. This region of the world has repeatedly demonstrated that it will bit the hand that helps it.

Just because the US wants to appear to be a contributing factor in the development of Syria, does not mean that we have the knowledge, skills and diplomatic abilities to make a positive contribution. If the track record holds, Syria will, if the government is brought down, become just another regime under the influence of another terrorist organization. One needs only look at the outcomes of the US involvement in Gaza (HAMAS), Egypt and Lebanon (Muslim Brotherhood), and Afghanistan (Corrupt Regime). Iraq, well, it is what it is, an Iranian Puppet, that arrange to install al-Maliki as PM.

If Syria follows this same path, the US should just back away, and not get entangled. We don't want to be (again) responsible for a failed endeavor that will further degrade the reputation of the US, create more enemies, cost more money, and send us to the hospital for even more stitches.

Most Respectfully,
    R

9. mememe

mememe BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51
    With all due respect, I could NOT find words about "respond with nuclear weapons" coming from anyone within Russian official quarters...

10. mememe

mememe BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Really?!

So, its not US, UK, SA and Qatar who finance, arm, hire "freedom fighters" and stage "popular revolutions" throughout ME and N. Africa? Its Russia and China?

Are you sure of that?