An interesting observation

The total black population for my entire city is probably less than 2%.. And they all have jobs, and the same level of respect for their surroundings as the rest of us who live here.

I also notice you failed to address the fact that people *make* the neighborhood they live in exactly what it is. You can be "poverty stricken", and STILL bend your lazy ass over and pick up the garbage you thoughtlessly threw on the ground.

There are many different reasons for that. I'm okay with you thinking everyone that is poor is lazy. It just shows how intellectually lazy you are.

Hehe.
I must point out, however, that often those carts are just left where they are by mothers, or better yet, pregnant mothers with toddlers, who feel overwhelmed after shopping by the prospect of dragging either their toddlers, their pregnant asses, or both, across the parking lot a quarter mile to place the cart in the proper cart parking space.

Cuz we all know you can't leave your friggin kids in the car alone for a single millisecond because either they'll be kidnapped outright, be kidnapped in the course of a car jack, or you'll get your lazy ass turned in for negligence for leaving them unattended.

I plead guilty. As soon as the kids are old enough, I have THEM park the flipping carts.

That's okay. Think of it as creating jobs...that's never a bad thing.

That's exactly how I think of it.
I try not to leave them actually IN the parking spots....but I will if I have to. (Or would. These days, I can manage to get them where they need to go, the kids are older and I'm not pregnant, and my foot works).

Another dirty secret you may share with the world when I run for president....
I like to use my mother's Honda to go shopping because she has a disabled sticker, and I can use the disabled parking spots. It's like heaven. For a long time I limped so it was really great....

Well, I guess you guys can't bitch when you're actually part of the problem..

Oh, and where is the "intellectual laziness" in my stating that people are directly responsible for the condition of the neighborhood they live in? Sure, they may not be able to afford things like paint, and siding, but like I said...they can damn well bend over and pick up what they just dropped on the ground.. They can keep their lawns neatly cut..(and if you're going to ask me how they can afford a lawn mower, I'm going to tell you that they can drop the $3.00 bag of chips, and $12 case of beer, and pick up a push mower from a hardware store, or garage sale). They can refrain from vandalizing things.. If each person took responsibility for even just themselves, things would look a lot better, and maybe businesses wouldn't be afraid to start opening in such places.. Everything has to start somewhere.

Sorry, I don't see mis-parked shopping carts as a huge issue when looking at the Big Picture.

Sorry, I don't see mis-parked shopping carts as a huge issue when looking at the Big Picture.

That, in itself, doesn't look huge by itself. However, combine that little tiny problem with all of the other little tiny problems, and you pretty much have a big problem. It's called irresponsible and/or lazy people.

Or people who don't want to get their kids killed dragging them across the Wal Mart parking lot to park a stupid shopping cart.

Or people who don't want to get their kids killed dragging them across the Wal Mart parking lot to park a stupid shopping cart.

Yet those same people drag those same kids across the Walmart parking lot to GET a stupid shopping cart, which, incidently are IN the building.. YOU only need to make it to one of a dozen corrals..

Your excuses are sounding more and more pathetic the more you speak.

Oh, not at all. I park in a space next to a space where somebody has thoughfully left one. I just open my doors and load up the kids......
If you'd gone shopping with me just once when my kids were 3 & 4 you'd be with me, I promise.

Oh, not at all. I park in a space next to a space where somebody has thoughfully left one. I just open my doors and load up the kids......
If you'd gone shopping with me just once when my kids were 3 & 4 you'd be with me, I promise.

*shakes head* I'm guessing you don't work for a living, either... Nobody that has an actual job can be that lazy, and that disrespectful to other people (and their vehicles). Hell.. Yer not paying for it - what the hell do you care if it gets dinged all to hell, right?

That's exactly how I think of it.
I try not to leave them actually IN the parking spots....but I will if I have to. (Or would. These days, I can manage to get them where they need to go, the kids are older and I'm not pregnant, and my foot works).

Another dirty secret you may share with the world when I run for president....
I like to use my mother's Honda to go shopping because she has a disabled sticker, and I can use the disabled parking spots. It's like heaven. For a long time I limped so it was really great....

Thanks. I didn't want to admire you too much.

Well, I guess you guys can't bitch when you're actually part of the problem..

Oh, and where is the "intellectual laziness" in my stating that people are directly responsible for the condition of the neighborhood they live in? Sure, they may not be able to afford things like paint, and siding, but like I said...they can damn well bend over and pick up what they just dropped on the ground.. They can keep their lawns neatly cut..(and if you're going to ask me how they can afford a lawn mower, I'm going to tell you that they can drop the $3.00 bag of chips, and $12 case of beer, and pick up a push mower from a hardware store, or garage sale). They can refrain from vandalizing things.. If each person took responsibility for even just themselves, things would look a lot better, and maybe businesses wouldn't be afraid to start opening in such places.. Everything has to start somewhere.

You're generalizing based on your own bias. I lived in a poor black neighborhood, two of them actually, and they were no better or worse than anyone else. Some people had pride, some people didn't.

"They" are animals in your eyes.

You're generalizing based on your own bias. I lived in a poor black neighborhood, two of them actually, and they were no better or worse than anyone else. Some people had pride, some people didn't.

"They" are animals in your eyes.

You still don't get it.. People complain and bitch about their living conditions, and their neighborhoods (or they just get someone like you to bitch FOR them), and then when they come in to a nice one, instead of treating it with respect, they trash it the way they trash their own... And yet you don't think they're responsible for their way of life?

Pfft.

Spare me the "lived in 2 black neighborhoods".. Been there, done that, was born in one, moved to another...and just kept inching my way away from them with hard work, and wise choices.

You live in a poor neighborhood, and typically, the poorer the neighborhood the slummier the people who live there.
There are exceptions, but for the most part, the poor neighborhoods are where the crackheads, bums and freaks of nature live. And by freaks of nature, I mean the people who prey upon people who haven't got the sense to wipe their own butts. Predators.

The "poorer" neighborhoods are the more dangerous neighborhoods because poor people are often poor for a reason. Sometimes it's a complete fluke, and they're only there for a while until they get their feet. But often, they're there because they're drunks, they're illegal aliens, they're running from the law, they're peddling drugs, they're not able to keep a job, so on and so forth.

Don't con yourself into thinking poor neighborhoods are full of really nice people who are just temporarily down on their luck, because if you make that mistake and wander into one at night, you won't last long, sweetcheeks.

You live in a poor neighborhood, and typically, the poorer the neighborhood the slummier the people who live there.
There are exceptions, but for the most part, the poor neighborhoods are where the crackheads, bums and freaks of nature live. And by freaks of nature, I mean the people who prey upon people who haven't got the sense to wipe their own butts. Predators.

The "poorer" neighborhoods are the more dangerous neighborhoods because poor people are often poor for a reason. Sometimes it's a complete fluke, and they're only there for a while until they get their feet. But often, they're there because they're drunks, they're illegal aliens, they're running from the law, they're peddling drugs, they're not able to keep a job, so on and so forth.

Don't con yourself into thinking poor neighborhoods are full of really nice people who are just temporarily down on their luck, because if you make that mistake and wander into one at night, you won't last long, sweetcheeks.

I don't disagree with you so much as I'm just pointing out that it is a vicious cycle. One of the poor neighborhoods I lived in was one I actually felt really safe in. Not saying there weren't bad things going on, but the neighbors all looked out for each other. And since I wasn't actually poor, it was easy enough for me to get out of it.

I do think it's pretty sucky about them getting overcharged, don't you?

Forum List

Back