An interesting Gallup poll

And yet another. A Michigan poll shows Obama would lose against McCain unless he puts Clinton on the ticket. Oddly enough, they didn't ask how Clinton would do against McCain as a presidential pick.

fyi - i just heard a poll quoted by lanny davis on local talk radio...

in florida they project clinton over mccain ~ 47% to 41%
and mccain over obama ~ 50% to 40%

wow! that's quite a swing!

CNN: National Poll of Polls

Likely Democratic primary voters' choice
Obama 57%
Clinton 40%

(CNN) – Rupert Murdoch offered a dire prediction Wednesday for John McCain's chances in the general election.

He will lose in a landslide, the News Corp. chairman said at a California conference, according to Reuters.

"You have got the Obama phenomenon, Murdoch said. "You have got, undoubtedly, a recession … The average American is really getting hurt financially and that all bodes well for [Obama].

(CNN)-"I will step in," Pelosi told the paper. "Because we cannot take this fight to the convention…It must be over before then."

Pelosi, who will serve as chair of the convention, has largely stayed on the sidelines during her party's prolonged primary race. But the House Speaker has said Democratic superdelegates should not overturn the pledged delegate winner, and has warned of irreparable harm if they do so. Barack Obama officially won the majority of pledged delegates in last Tuesday's primary contests, though it's been clear for several weeks Clinton could not overtake him in that category.

Pelosi also indicated she opposes the Clinton campaign's desire that both Florida and Michigan's delegations be fully seated at the convention. The party stripped both states of their entire delegations last year after they moved their presidential primaries ahead in the nominating calendar.

(CNN) – Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell – who has been one of New York Sen. Hillary Clinton’s biggest backers – said Wednesday that she would make a “far better candidate” than frontrunner Barack Obama in major swing states, but is “very unlikely” she will be the Democratic nominee this fall.

"I'm a realist, and I think most likely the superdelegates will give Sen. Obama the votes he needs," Rendell told Bloomberg Television Wednesday.

Now something positive about Hillary: She is leading in double digits in PR, but they can't vote in the general election so who cares!!? "Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, but they do not pay federal income taxes and they do not vote in the presidential election." -abc

Probably for the same reason they claimed bin laden supported Kerry.

No sense in caring or plotting strategy on what the Reps say. Which is why I tend to discount your support of Obama.

Once again you two are not paying attention. The Republicans do NOT like Mc Cain. They would vote for Hillary because if you are going to be saddled with a Liberal for 4 years might as well have a D after their name, BUT they will VOTE for McCain against Obama because he is dangerous as hell.

More interesting news- "Wife of Republican war opponent Chuck Hagel donates to Obama campaign"

"You have got the Obama phenomenon, Murdoch said. "You have got, undoubtedly, a recession … The average American is really getting hurt financially and that all bodes well for [Obama].

Where's this recession? By all economic factors, we are in a period of growth.

And, every poll I've seen suggests Americans trust McCain with the economy more than they trust Obama.

Forum List

Back