An interesting Gallup poll

Disagree. Obama was quite well known by then in Florida. Your crew's Clinton hatred made it a priority for all the Dem candidates to be scrutinized for an alternative. My own mother voted for him and she's about as politically aware as my dog.

To suggest he was as well known a political entity as Hillary is laughable at best, and whorishly disingenuous at worst. :eusa_whistle:

Disagree. Obama was quite well known by then in Florida. Your crew's Clinton hatred made it a priority for all the Dem candidates to be scrutinized for an alternative. My own mother voted for him and she's about as politically aware as my dog.

Look at the RealClearPolitics polls for each state in the run-up to their primaries. You will find that in almost every case, as Obama campaigned, he gained on Clinton in the couple of weeks prior to the contest.

Look at the RealClearPolitics polls for each state in the run-up to their primaries. You will find that in almost every case, as Obama campaigned, he gained on Clinton in the couple of weeks prior to the contest.

Then why does she continue to poll as beating McCain by a bigger margin?

Then why does she continue to poll as beating McCain by a bigger margin?

She polls better in certain states. She doesn't poll better nationally. Obama still beats McCain by a larger margin in national polling.

With respect to those states you are referring to, perhaps he has topped out vis-vis Clinton/McCain, or perhaps these are just states that appeal to Clinton for demographic reasons. However, his national polling versus Clinton has continued to climb, although at a slower and ackward pace.

The point is merely that in those primary states where he campaigned, he nearly always narrowed the margin between himself and Clinton in the final weeks (or expanded it, if he was ahead). This was particularly true in the earlier parts of the primary, although less true in the last few weeks. That is why it is relevant that there was no campaigning in Florida.

She polls better in certain states. She doesn't poll better nationally. Obama still beats McCain by a larger margin in national polling.

With respect to those states you are referring to, perhaps he has topped out vis-vis Clinton/McCain, or perhaps these are just states that appeal to Clinton for demographic reasons. However, his national polling versus Clinton has continued to climb, although at a slower and ackward pace.

The point is merely that in those primary states where he campaigned, he nearly always narrowed the margin between himself and Clinton in the final weeks (or expanded it, if he was ahead). This was particularly true in the earlier parts of the primary, although less true in the last few weeks. That is why it is relevant that there was no campaigning in Florida.

He shined in Caucuses, not necessarily in Primaries...where votes are counted and it is a secret ballot....

Caucuses were not the Clinto supporter's bag of tricks, they know how to vote and do vote in the general elections, but they do not like the mob like atmoshere or feel comfortable in the caucus party like atmosphere....

This is why Clinton lost ground in the beginning.

But you know what, the youth don't show up to vote...even where we had record numbers of youth register in 2004, record numbers...they did NOT show up at the polls, and guess what, they NEVER HAVE showed up in the polls compared to the older more mature voter, the Hillary voter, for a good part....

The General election will be a private vote, as a Primary....and Obama's weekness lies within this also...

So if he is our candidate, the youth BETTER change the norm of history and come out and vote or we lose....period....or Obama better start seeking that older vote, of which he has basically ignored, up to this point imo.

care

That's funny Riley. She doesn't poll better nationally? I was just reading that she does and that it didn't matter because it isn't a matter of nationally that wins the race.

lol

That's funny Riley. She doesn't poll better nationally? I was just reading that she does and that it didn't matter because it isn't a matter of nationally that wins the race.

lol

According to the last RCP poll average, Obama beats McCain in national polling by 2.5%, and Clinton beats McCain by 1%. However, these polls probably change each week and she probably does better when look at the electoral map (at least right now). It is pretty close no matter who the candidates.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

If you listen to what the republicans are saying, it's pretty clear (if you have a functioning brain) that they would much rather face Clinton in the general than Obama. Now you have to ask yourself one question: Why? :eusa_think:

He shined in Caucuses, not necessarily in Primaries...where votes are counted and it is a secret ballot....

True.

Caucuses were not the Clinto supporter's bag of tricks, they know how to vote and do vote in the general elections, but they do not like the mob like atmoshere or feel comfortable in the caucus party like atmosphere....

This is why Clinton lost ground in the beginning.

It isn't that Clinton supporters are above the fray of the caucus system. It is mostly because her campaign planned poorly. She counted on winning big states big, and closing out the nomination early. He withstood her big state advantage and poured lots of money and people into the caucus system, which ended up netting him is delegate margin.

But you know what, the youth don't show up to vote...even where we had record numbers of youth register in 2004, record numbers...they did NOT show up at the polls, and guess what, they NEVER HAVE showed up in the polls compared to the older more mature voter, the Hillary voter, for a good part....

They don't show up as regularly as older voters, but they are showing up okay this time around. Remember that the 18 year olds that were excited about Dean are now 22. With each election, the young exited democratic voter is not as young as they once were, and hence, is more likely to vote.

The General election will be a private vote, as a Primary....and Obama's weekness lies within this also...

He has done exceptionally well in the caucuses, but he hasn't exactly been a slouch in a lot of the primaries. He has held his own pretty well.

So if he is our candidate, the youth BETTER change the norm of history and come out and vote or we lose....period....or Obama better start seeking that older vote, of which he has basically ignored, up to this point imo.

care

I don't think he has ignored older voters. His weakness with this group is more a reflection of Clinton's strength.

I am sure that his first priority will be trying to find a way to connect with older voters, and lower income voters in states like Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana.

If you listen to what the republicans are saying, it's pretty clear (if you have a functioning brain) that they would much rather face Clinton in the general than Obama. Now you have to ask yourself one question: Why? :eusa_think:

Probably for the same reason they claimed bin laden supported Kerry.

No sense in caring or plotting strategy on what the Reps say. Which is why I tend to discount your support of Obama.

Probably for the same reason they claimed bin laden supported Kerry.

No sense in caring or plotting strategy on what the Reps say. Which is why I tend to discount your support of Obama.

:rofl: :rofl:

You're so transparent sometimes.

The McCain camp knows Hillary is more beatable than Obama. That's why they keep peddling the lie that the reverse is true.

:rofl: :rofl:

You're so transparent sometimes.

The McCain camp knows Hillary is more beatable than Obama. That's why they keep peddling the lie that the reverse is true.

You're wrong on this as well. They might have thought that for a few minutes after South Carolina. Hillary has emerged as the most middle of the road candidate and that is what will be the hardest to beat.

You're wrong on this as well. They might have thought that for a few minutes after South Carolina. Hillary has emerged as the most middle of the road candidate and that is what will be the hardest to beat.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

But I guess we'll never know! :rofl:

Actually, as someone who supports Obama, I think Hillary would be the stronger candidate at this point. I used to think Obama was stronger, and I do not like Hillary in the least...

And yet another. A Michigan poll shows Obama would lose against McCain unless he puts Clinton on the ticket. Oddly enough, they didn't ask how Clinton would do against McCain as a presidential pick.

And yet another. A Michigan poll shows Obama would lose against McCain unless he puts Clinton on the ticket. Oddly enough, they didn't ask how Clinton would do against McCain as a presidential pick.

look at this poll prior to the michigan election...don't know if you've seen it but hillary busted butt in michigan too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Democratic_primary,_2008

it's a wiki article but the polling is graphed, and has links to it...

Forum List

Back