An interesting dilema

hmmm. Tough choice.

It would be much easier if people just stopped lying to themselves and accepted who they are. And not go to extreme lengths to become something they aren't.

hmmm. Tough choice.

It would be much easier if people just stopped lying to themselves and accepted who they are. And not go to extreme lengths to become something they aren't.

Do you truly believe that someone goes through a sex change operation on a whim and for shits and giggles?

hmmm. Tough choice.

Do you truly believe that someone goes through a sex change operation on a whim and for shits and giggles?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utpam0IGYac]YouTube - 20/20 "My Secret Self" Part 1 of 5[/ame]

hmmm. Tough choice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S5usRgY720]YouTube - 7yr. old Jazz's thoughts on being a Transgender Child[/ame]

If the man considered his wife a woman, the woman had the surgery to transform into a woman, in my opinion then she is as woman.

hmmm. Tough choice.

I'm not going to pretend to know what goes through someones mind when they go through a sex change. I am just stating that no matter what they do cosmetically to themselves, they are still who they are.

hmmm. Tough choice.

Generally I would answer no, but there could be exceptions.

Australian sexless loses official status - Telegraph

This just wrong. First you dont want to be a man so you become a woman. Then you don't want to be a woman you want to be a sexless?

Sorry ill go with your chromosomes if you cant choose for yourself.

Officially getting a new classification is bullshit.

Last edited:
If the man considered his wife a woman, the woman had the surgery to transform into a woman, in my opinion then she is as woman.

The family alleges that the man did not know anout it, and moved out after learning about the surgery. If that is true then the family has a case for fraud, and can deny the wife benefits. Regardless, Texas law says that a person is always whatever sex they are born as, so that is what applies in this case, especially if they were married in Texas. that would be fraud against the state of Texas perpetrated by her, or by both, if the husband knew.

In other words, she is going to have to prove that she was married somewhere where one of two things are recognized by the state.

1. That sex change is legal and that it is considered that the person is fully entitled to all the legal protections of the opposite sex, including the right to marry.

2. That the husband knew she sued to be a man, and that they married in a state that permits SSM.

If they got married in Texas she is fucked, period.

The family alleges that the man did not know anout it, and moved out after learning about the surgery. If that is true then the family has a case for fraud, and can deny the wife benefits. Regardless, Texas law says that a person is always whatever sex they are born as, so that is what applies in this case, especially if they were married in Texas. that would be fraud against the state of Texas perpetrated by her, or by both, if the husband knew.

In other words, she is going to have to prove that she was married somewhere where one of two things are recognized by the state.

1. That sex change is legal and that it is considered that the person is fully entitled to all the legal protections of the opposite sex, including the right to marry.

2. That the husband knew she sued to be a man, and that they married in a state that permits SSM.

In the story I posted her lawyers claims her husband did NOT move out and was still LIVING with her. As far as I am concerned the family are low life scum trying to grab money not theirs at the expense of their dead son. The Texas law is wrong in my opinion and hopefully this case helps overturn it.

In the story I posted her lawyers claims her husband did NOT move out and was still LIVING with her. As far as I am concerned the family are low life scum trying to grab money not theirs at the expense of their dead son. The Texas law is wrong in my opinion and hopefully this case helps overturn it.

You are probably right, but knowing Texas and its legal climate, she is still fucked, especially if they married in Texas.

Bottom line: existing state definitions of marriage trump the intentions and actions of the deceased when that person dies without a will. The lesson here is to write your will.

Texas mom challenges transgender widow's marriage - Yahoo! News

Personally I think the State is wrong, but I can see where they are coming from.

Perhaps this case will change the law. Though I doubt it.

My personal opinion is that if one undergoes medical procedures to change their sex they are the new sex once all procedures are done.

If he truly did not know she was once a man and his family believe that this marriage was going to end then they should be suing for fraud if Texas law allows for such.

CaféAuLait;2537283 said:

Personally I think the State is wrong, but I can see where they are coming from.

My personal opinion is that if one undergoes medical procedures to change their sex they are the new sex once all procedures are done.

If he truly did not know she was once a man and his family believe that this marriage was going to end then they should be suing for fraud if Texas law allows for such.

And I suggest you read the story. Further it is NOT fraud , she is a woman. Complete and whole, she just can't have children. What exactly did she deceive about? There is no law requiring that someone tell a prospective or current spouse they once had a different name. Nor should there be one requiring them to tell them they had a sex change operation.

The family just wants the dead mans money.

CaféAuLait;2537283 said:

And I suggest you read the story. Further it is NOT fraud , she is a woman. Complete and whole, she just can't have children. What exactly did she deceive about? There is no law requiring that someone tell a prospective or current spouse they once had a different name. Nor should there be one requiring them to tell them they had a sex change operation.

The family just wants the dead mans money.

The law in Texas does not recognize sex change operations, and will incarcerate a post op mtf transsexual in prison with men. Whatever your, or my, personal beliefs on the matter she is a he in Texas. If the marraige was in Texas, it is fraud.

Forum List

Back