An Interesting Analysis By Eugene Robinson

95% of Arizonans did not vote for McCain.
95% of vets did not vote for McCain
95% of white people did not vote for McCain
95% of black people voted for Obama.

See the problem here?

95% of Arizonians did not vote for McCain.

95% of vets did not vote for McCain.

95 % of black people did not vote for Obama.

See?

Actually 95% of black voters did vote for Obama.
Fail.

Ah...black voters....that I might agree with...but that's not what you said originally. You said black people.

Now...what percentage of black voters are registered Democrats?

No evidence other than the fact that 95 percent of blacks voted for him.

Can you provide evidence that 95 percent of Texans voted for Bush?

Or that 95 percent of females voted for Palin?

Why do you idiot liberals always want to insert Bush and now Palin into the debate when neither one is holding public office. Is it because you clowns can't defend Obama on the merits of his policies? It really shows your intellectual deficiency.

I find that people vote for those they identify with in one way or another. I voted for Obama because I identified with his socially liberal program...particularly gay rights (yes, I know he has disappointed, but McCain would have disappointed more). Some people might identify more with him because he is a fellow black. Some people might identify with him because he was (at one time or another) from Chicago, Illinois, Hawaii. Is that bad?

How many people voted for McCain because they identified him as a fellow Vet? Or (dare I say it) because he was white. Or because he was a fellow Zonie? How many people voted McCain simply because he was the Republican candidate? How many people voted for Obama simply because he was the Democrat candidate?

What I am trying to say here is the REASONS people vote for one person or another are incredibly varied....why are people focusing on only ONE option...the racial one? :eusa_eh:

You do know that Obama believes that marriage should be between a woman and a man, don't ya?

A lot of people believe that and still believe in equality under the law too.

Fact is, 95 percent of blacks voted for Obama, and race was a big factor and you would be a naive fool to deny it.

No, 95% of blacks did NOT vote for Obama.

See?

Actually 95% of black voters did vote for Obama.
Fail.

Ah...black voters....that I might agree with...but that's not what you said originally. You said black people.

Now...what percentage of black voters are registered Democrats?

Strictly speaking, 95% of black adults probably supported Obama and the same percentages probably apply across the board, registered voters and actual voters.
The amazing thing is that his approval rating among them remains about 95% even though his policies have hurt poor blacks the most.

What is the difference between "trust our government" (which I never do completely) and "rely on our government" which we have to do, pretty much.

Just for what must we rely on government that is not specifically spelled out in the Constitution?

And the definitions of trust and rely are not interchangeable.

What is the difference between "trust our government" (which I never do completely) and "rely on our government" which we have to do, pretty much.

Just for what must we rely on government that is not specifically spelled out in the Constitution?

And the definitions of trust and rely are not interchangeable.

I didn't say they were....

Pathetic Rinata: Popping up with a 1/2-arsed nebulous negation of paragraphs loaded with IRREFUTABLE Nationally known facts about the semi-black discredited Political Charlatan......without any proof to the contrary ?????

That, is the epitome of likening your fatuous comment to being as effective as a fart in a hurricane.

Oh, please. All of you conservatives are always trying to be so important and strive so hard to sound like intellectual geniuses. It's not working. You just sound like you're trying waaay too hard.

I used your bullshit to expose you and turds like you.

You served your purpose.

That's not to say that you shouldn't keep exposing yourself as a turd. Idiots like you will always serve our purpose.

Keep on truckin.

Yeah, okay. Fool. :lol:

See the problem here?

See?

:lol::lol::lol: Good one!!

See the problem here?

See?

:lol::lol::lol: Good one!!

Except it was wrong.
But nice try at cheerleading your team.

A national deficit of trust

By Eugene Robinson
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Trust might as well be a four-letter word. American public opinion seems to have become an unguided Weapon of Mass Suspicion, and it's not hard to understand why. But those who would exploit distrust, dissatisfaction and anger for political gain had better worry about collateral damage.

The overhyped Tea Party phenomenon is more about symbolism and screaming than anything else. A "movement" that encompasses gun nuts, tax protesters, devotees of the gold standard, Sarah Palin, insurance company lobbyists, "constitutionalists" who have not read the Constitution, Medicare recipients who oppose government-run health care, crazy "birthers" who claim President Obama was born in another country, a contingent of outright racists (come on, people, let's be real) and a bunch of fat-cat professional politicians pretending to be "outsiders" is not a coherent intellectual or political force.

But even people who wouldn't be caught dead at a Tea Party rally have lost trust in powerful institutions that are supposed to be working in the public's interest -- with considerable reason. Just look at the headlines.

washingtonpost.com

Another attempt at the left to dismiss the tea party. Gee what a surprise!

:lol::lol::lol:

And the myth Rove outed Valerie Plame was prevalent among the left for YEARS but the left didn't see that a reason to dismiss them.

Or how about the Downing Street Memos?

Yellow Cake from Niger?

For SOME reason we had to take them seriously and understand their "rage" against Bush?

But people who simply want to see Obama's Birth certificate are kooks?

All Obama has to do is supply the birth certificate and the issue is over.

Why should he not do that?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last I checked it wasn't racism to vote for someone from your own state.

But it is regional pride....who said "black pride" was racism?

Voting against someone because he is black is racist. Voting for someone because he is black is also racist.
This would be obvious to anyone with 3 functioning brain cells.

Gee I voted for Ken Blackwell for Governor and I'm tea party.

Does that mean I'm a racist too???

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But it is regional pride....who said "black pride" was racism?

Voting against someone because he is black is racist. Voting for someone because he is black is also racist.

I assume you voted for Ken Blackwell for some reason other than the fact that he was black. Like you approved of his stance on things. So it wouldn't have matter what color he was.

I assume you voted for Ken Blackwell for some reason other than the fact that he was black. Like you approved of his stance on things. So it wouldn't have matter what color he was.
Why do people assume that all black voters for Obama because he is black and anyone who voted for a black Republican did NOT vote for him because he is black?

Why do people assume that all black voters for Obama because he is black and anyone who voted for a black Republican did NOT vote for him because he is black?

Gee I wonder why?
Here's why:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIOePg4K0vI]YouTube - Howard Stern Interviews Obama Supporters in Harlem[/ame]

Gee I wonder why?
Here's why:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIOePg4K0vI]YouTube - Howard Stern Interviews Obama Supporters in Harlem[/ame]

WoW! He interviewed ALL black Obama voters. He was busy!!!!!

(Why do people assume that all black people think alike?)

Gee I wonder why?
Here's why:

I dunno. Why did 95% of black voters all come to the same conclusion? And do you think we are all assuming that Clarence Thomas, Michael Steele, Ken Blackwell etc all voted for Obama? Why would you assume conservatives think all black people think alike, when it is Democrats that do that?

Gee I wonder why?
Here's why:

I dunno. Why did 95% of black voters all come to the same conclusion? And do you think we are all assuming that Clarence Thomas, Michael Steele, Ken Blackwell etc all voted for Obama? Why would you assume conservatives think all black people think alike, when it is Democrats that do that?

Does any one in any large group who votes for someone do it for the exact same reason? Or only blacks?

Why do you insist on saying that all black voters voted for Obama for the same reason?

Have you interviewed all black voters and determined their reason? The fact is that blacks supported the Democratic candidate in even larger numbers than usual. The question is why. The obvious answer is because Obama is black. If you have some evidence that is not the case please present it. But his race would explain higher levels of black voter registration in this election, higher levels of voting, and stronger support. Occam's Razor says you go for the simplest explanation consistent with the facts.

Have you interviewed all black voters and determined their reason?

No, and neither have you.

The fact is that blacks supported the Democratic candidate in even larger numbers than usual.

That is something you are simply going to have to prove.

The question is why. The obvious answer is because Obama is black.

ONLY if you stereotype all blacks as having the exact same motive for voting for someone.

If you have some evidence that is not the case please present it.

wrongo...you made the assertion "The obvious answer is because Obama is black." If it's so obvious, you are the one to prove it correct.

But his race would explain higher levels of black voter registration in this election, higher levels of voting, and stronger support. Occam's Razor says you go for the simplest explanation consistent with the facts.

And there were a LOT of people of all colors bound and determined to get the Republicans out of power.

You are a prime example of why the Republicans lose when it comes to black voters. Stereotyping them all has having the exact same reason for voting for Obama and refusing to see that there are multiple reasons why black Americans voted for him. You and others like you refuse to even consider black voters as individuals.

Forum List

Back