An Interesting Analysis By Eugene Robinson

Jillian aka the self-confessed fan of Jerry Rubin (whose idol was Charlie Manson).

Anything that you may say, or recommend is BULLSHIT.

I'm going to take a chance and NOT read your crap on the premise that anything coming out of an established BULLSHITTER is BULLSHIT.

The RATIONAL readers of this post will know the validity of my conclusion.

are you really that stupid, troll.

how does having had a particular client equal "fan" in your warped little brain? i realize, of course, that they don't teach you about clientele or what that means when they teach you to say 'want fries with that?', but do try not to make yourself sound even more ignorant than we already know you are.

damn, you're pathetic. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
A national deficit of trust

By Eugene Robinson
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Trust might as well be a four-letter word. American public opinion seems to have become an unguided Weapon of Mass Suspicion, and it's not hard to understand why. But those who would exploit distrust, dissatisfaction and anger for political gain had better worry about collateral damage.

The overhyped Tea Party phenomenon is more about symbolism and screaming than anything else. A "movement" that encompasses gun nuts, tax protesters, devotees of the gold standard, Sarah Palin, insurance company lobbyists, "constitutionalists" who have not read the Constitution, Medicare recipients who oppose government-run health care, crazy "birthers" who claim President Obama was born in another country, a contingent of outright racists (come on, people, let's be real) and a bunch of fat-cat professional politicians pretending to be "outsiders" is not a coherent intellectual or political force.

But even people who wouldn't be caught dead at a Tea Party rally have lost trust in powerful institutions that are supposed to be working in the public's interest -- with considerable reason. Just look at the headlines.

washingtonpost.com

I've been saying the same thing since going to a rally. But Gene is missing the big picture. Symbolism is a very powerful force, more so than words.

:eusa_whistle:

yes. symbols are very potent. but do the symbols drive the movement or does the movement drive the symbols? or is it some combination of both?

The description of the tea party movement is ludicrous thus making anything he wanted to say pointless.

When these jerks start understanding that the protests are not by 'nuts' but regular people they may get somewhere.

By angry, do you mean angry white people who really cant get specific when asked what they are angry about. Those "regular" People.

Notice how they dont represent all of america, only a specific (fox viewing) few.

That "specific" is apparantly growing rapidly, some polls showing up to 30%+ identifying with the Tea Party. You leftists are in a panic and state of denial.

How much did it hurt for the New York Times to have to publish that huge poll that showed the Tea Party members are on average MORE EDUCATED than the rest of the population. Hey, dumbasses, this movement will bury liberalism forever. If you can't figure that out, well, thats why the poll showed the Tea Party is more educated..........because you're just brainwashed, ignorant lefties celebrating at the feet of Lord Obama the Merciful.

"More about symbolism and screaming than anything else".

Hmmmmmm..............weren't the civil rights protests and anti-war protests about symbolism and screaming also?????? Wonder if uber-liberal Eugene thought of that one. My reading of the article should stopped when I saw Eugene's name on it. He's about as far left as they come. I'm convinced he and Kieth Olbermann are in a man-love relationship.

Hmmmmmm..............weren't the civil rights protests and anti-war protests about symbolism and screaming also?????? Wonder if uber-liberal Eugene thought of that one. My reading of the article should stopped when I saw Eugene's name on it. He's about as far left as they come. I'm convinced he and Kieth Olbermann are in a man-love relationship.

ole Eugene is also a Racist bigot.
I usually just laugh whenever I see his name on a article and chalk it up to being another venom spewing belittling of people he doesn't agree with hate fest. and this article proved me right, once again.:lol:

Last edited:
interesting article.....i couldn't find a link to his description of code pink or the anti war protesters.....anyone able to help me out....

interesting article.....i couldn't find a link to his description of code pink or the anti war protesters.....anyone able to help me out....

I probably wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that one.

The description of the tea party movement is ludicrous thus making anything he wanted to say pointless.

When these jerks start understanding that the protests are not by 'nuts' but regular people they may get somewhere.

Regular people? LMAO, regular people don't dress in 18th Century Garb, carry unloaded firearms or believe in nullification or sucession. Fringers do.

ole Eugene is also a Racist bigot.
I usually just laugh whenever I see his name on a article and chalk it up to being another venom spewing belittling of people he doesn't agree with hate fest. and this article proved me right, once again.:lol:

I sometimes watch MSNBC for both shock value and comedy. Often, I see a big story followed by commentary from Eugene. He, along with the hosts of MSNBC, amuse me. They are so dependent on government. Sad really. They are hypocrites, of course. And racist, of course. They have the outlook on life of a 20 year old college sophomore. They fall right into the Mommy Syndrome thread I started last week.

But sadly, they also represent the views of a large % of the American left.

Regular people? LMAO, regular people don't dress in 18th Century Garb, carry unloaded firearms or believe in nullification or sucession. Fringers do.

What? OH BOY this one's gonna be fun!!! Lets see: T-shirts, jeans and shorts aren't 18th century. The revolutionary costume guys are making a statement you are probably not intelligent enough to grasp.

Next: How would you propose they dress? Like a hippy college student, white boy with dreadlocks and European man-purse? Or, how about a gang-banging Obama supporter, with sagging pants and a tank top or sports jersey? And guns? Unloaded? Yes, of course, thats crazy. They should be more like the inner-city Obama lovers and carry LOADED firearms!!!!

But, as the NY Times poll stated, the average Tea Party member is MORE EDUCATED than the rest of the general population, so I suppose you wouldn't grasp the ideals of the movement anyway.

BTW, speaking of nullification and succession, would you have supported the colonies efforts to form their own nation in 1776? And second, would you have supported overturning unjust laws such as slavery, voter discrimination, prohibition, and other oppressive laws in our country's past? I understand these weren't laws passed by your savior Lord Obama the Great, but surely you'd have been on the side of the ones who wanted to repeal them, right? And SURELY you would not have been a loyalist in the overtaxed and oppressed colonies of 1776......would you?

But, again, as a person who has intelligence that us beneath par of a Tea Party member, I don't expect you to understand all that.

no, I guess you would find regular people as ones who dress in tee shirts that say Palin is a Cxxt. or camp out on a Presidents lawn shitting in his bushes.

The following image appeared on a supporter’s page at Obama’s campaign site. It has since been replaced with something innocuous, but the Google cache remains.

picture at site.

Ben Smith writes:

One of their [the t-shirts'] creators, emailing under the name Rhiannon Volpe, objected to my suggestion that she was a Democrat:

“I personally am a registered Libertarian, supporting Obama this year. Palin is the last woman I want to hold a political office right now. Her lack of common sense, cruel treatment to animals, and just plain ignorance to what we (Americans, and even women) really care about is absolutely frustrating. The point of wearing the shirt to me is just a bold way of saying that she certainly is not liked or one of ‘us.’ To play the gender card is irrelevant, because I am a woman who wears the tshirt anyway.”
http://thenewagenda.net/2008/10/13/sarah-palin-is-a-****-just-like-you-and-me/

A national deficit of trust

By Eugene Robinson
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Trust might as well be a four-letter word. American public opinion seems to have become an unguided Weapon of Mass Suspicion, and it's not hard to understand why. But those who would exploit distrust, dissatisfaction and anger for political gain had better worry about collateral damage.

The overhyped Tea Party phenomenon is more about symbolism and screaming than anything else. A "movement" that encompasses gun nuts, tax protesters, devotees of the gold standard, Sarah Palin, insurance company lobbyists, "constitutionalists" who have not read the Constitution, Medicare recipients who oppose government-run health care, crazy "birthers" who claim President Obama was born in another country, a contingent of outright racists (come on, people, let's be real) and a bunch of fat-cat professional politicians pretending to be "outsiders" is not a coherent intellectual or political force.

But even people who wouldn't be caught dead at a Tea Party rally have lost trust in powerful institutions that are supposed to be working in the public's interest -- with considerable reason. Just look at the headlines.

washingtonpost.com

Jillian aka the self-confessed fan of Jerry Rubin (whose idol was Charlie Manson).

Anything that you may say, or recommend is BULLSHIT.

I'm going to take a chance and NOT read your crap on the premise that anything coming out of an established BULLSHITTER is BULLSHIT.

The RATIONAL readers of this post will know the validity of my conclusion.

Oh, go soak your head!!! And you wouldn't know a rational reader or have a valid conclusion that would be any better than a 3rd grader. :rolleyes:

If you throw a bunch of nuts together, nutism becomes the norm. Hence nuts feel they are normal. (a tea party)

Hence Xeno does not realize he is a nut.

If you throw a bunch of nuts together, nutism becomes the norm. Hence nuts feel they are normal. (a tea party)

Hence Xeno does not realize he is a nut.

wow man, that was far out, now pass the joint.:eusa_dance:

Whatever... the left is comprised of a bunch of willfully ignorant mouthbreathing bums anyway.. who cares. Tell them to go educate themselves a bit and then come back.

What do you think the average grade level completed by members of the Tea Party.

I am guessing under the 12 th grade.

If there is a group in America in need of education it is the Tea Party attendees.

My understanding is dentisits are starting to attend tea parties. A large per centage of the tea partiers do not have all of their teeth.

For dentists there is a great opportunity to sell dentures.

Forum List

Back