An Independents' View of OWS

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Okay so my first impression was pretty much the same as my first impression of the Tea Party.
"What a bunch of whackjobs! They have no central organization, no clear message and the people on tv look um "unbalanced". Seriously, they're taking assault rifles and handguns to places Obama is showing up? WTF?"
Then I learned their mission statement:
To reduce the size of government, balance the budget and have a Constitutional government.
Well that sounds reasonable to me! Unfortunately, their candidates don't reflect this and they have evolved into something well beyond their stated mission. Hell, they have even joined forces with the Big Media they claim to hate. Not to mention all the Big Government their candidates want to impose on us. Oh well.

In the case of OWS it was more
"What a bunch of whackjobs! They have no central organization, no clear message and the people on tv look um "unbalanced". Seriously, they're pooping in public? WTF?"
Now I have learned at least part of their primary mission:

Eliminate the influence of Corporatism and Lobbyists from the election process and give the power over elected representatives back to the people.

Well that sounds reasonable to me! deja vu
I wonder what THIS group will evolve into?

I'm not seeing great things but who knows?

Last edited:
Odds are their parents are around 45 years old. They weren't brought up by the generation that were raising their children during the 50's and 60's.{give or take a decade} The average voter in the 40-70 range are well informed of what is really going on in this country,and most of them are not going to vote for Obama. These kids who are protesting have never been taught basic economics and their parents are either smoking/drinking/too lazy to bring their kids up/etc. Or are adopted&confused, or maybe come from Liberal Parents who teach them they way of life according to Nancy Pelosi.
{does this make any sense? I am guessing for many of these kids,,,their parents were partying in the 60's, and never amounted to anything}

Odds are their parents are around 45 years old. They weren't brought up by the generation that were raising their children during the 50's and 60's.{give or take a decade} The average voter in the 40-70 range are well informed of what is really going on in this country,and most of them are not going to vote for Obama. These kids who are protesting have never been taught basic economics and their parents are either smoking/drinking/too lazy to bring their kids up/etc. Or are adopted&confused, or maybe come from Liberal Parents who teach them they way of life according to Nancy Pelosi.
{does this make any sense? I am guessing for many of these kids,,,their parents were partying in the 60's, and never amounted to anything}

Dude, are you serious or are you like, being a parody of an um... Right Wing Special Person?

Okay so my first impression was pretty much the same as my first impression of the Tea Party.
"What a bunch of whackjobs! They have no central organization, no clear message and the people on tv look um "unbalanced". Seriously, they're taking assault rifles and handguns to places Obama is showing up? WTF?"
Then I learned their mission statement:
To reduce the size of government, balance the budget and have a Constitutional government.
Well that sounds reasonable to me! Unfortunately, their candidates don't reflect this and they have evolved into something well beyond their stated mission. Hell, they have even joined forces with the Big Media they claim to hate. Not to mention all the Big Government their candidates want to impose on us. Oh well.

In the case of OWS it was more
"What a bunch of whackjobs! They have no central organization, no clear message and the people on tv look um "unbalanced". Seriously, they're pooping in public? WTF?"
Now I have learned at least part of their primary mission:

Eliminate the influence of Corporatism and Lobbyists from the election process and give the power over elected representatives back to the people.

Well that sounds reasonable to me! deja vu
I wonder what THIS group will evolve into?

I'm not seeing great things but who knows?

OWS and the TEA Party share absolutely nothing in common..

The TEA Party are made up of decent hardworking Americans and OWS are a bunch of kids that are squatting, shitting anywhere they can shit and are being paid to protest..

The TEA Party protests for 3-4 hours and these retards have been squatting for a month...

And yet, despite the fact that they have no plan, no coordination, not leadership the OWS movement has gone international.

Something is happenin' here,
But you don't know what it is..
Do you, Mr. Jones?

So the majority of people who have criticized OWS (and keep in mind, until recently I was certainly one of them), seem to say the same BS. Obviously a lot of them are exactly as the fringe Right-Wingers describe. Just as a lot of Tea Partiers as exactly as the fringe Left Wingers describe.
BTW, I was turned on to this info by our neighbor. He owns a UPS Store and got the info when some members went into his store to make fliers. I guess they had an OWS here in Vegas \ a couple weeks ago and I never heard about it. He said he met a lot of very sane, reasonable, employed people there.
Now if this thing ends up getting organized, I'll bet that they end up going the direction of the Tea Party: Claiming to only want one or two things but developing an agenda for many things that are unrelated.

In any case, AFTER I've been able to identify and provide a central message from them, the fringe Right insists OWS has no message or goals. Willfull ignorance? Obviously. Such responders are exactly like the the fringe Left when they make ludicrous blanket statements about the Tea Party. Fringe Right & Left love to claim how different they are from each other, while acting exactly alike: Dodge, change the subject, insult, moral comparatives, bring up ancient history, Cut & Run. No difference between the fringe of Libs and Conservs in that reagrd.

So to the Right Wing, I would pose two questions:

1. Do you support lobbyists, unions and corporations having greater influence over our government, than the will of the people?

2. Do you think that's not the case now?

New Topics

Forum List

Back