An honorary beer for Cereal_Killer for dealing with the headache of change

2943847756_fbd15b2186.jpg

Oh for fucks sake. I think we all deserve a KEG for dealing with this monstrosity. Me no likey.

Some people embrace change, some people have angst when it comes to change.

CK is doing what he thinks is best for the forum, and I can only respect that.

That being said, CK just wrote that the change would happen within 2-3 months, and instead, it happened 11 days after the announcement. A heads up one day before the change would have been nice.

I think people should bitch less about the change and just spend time learning to get around with the new system. There is new terminology to learn and new ways to get where we want to go, but at the end of the day, it sure looks like everyone has found a way to post their comments and therefore express their opinions, so what is the big tra la la, here?

Oh for fucks sake. I think we all deserve a KEG for dealing with this monstrosity. Me no likey.
boedicca why don't I refund all your money that you've paid to be here and we'll call it even. How much was it again?

Oh wait!! I forgot.........its FREE...

boedicca why don't I refund all your money that you've paid to be here and we'll call it even. How much was it again?

Oh wait!! I forgot.........its FREE...

Oh hun, I have periodically PAID to use the board. But I'd still like a keg.

BTW, how does one update a custom title? I can't find that in the settings. TYIAFYC

Custom titles are for Supporting Members

Well, then that is a deterioration. We used to be able to have them regardless of paying status. And mine was here yesterday on the new board.

Forums > USMB Office > Announcements and Feedback >
i.gif

1. An honorary beer for Cereal_Killer for dealing with the headache of change

I'd hold off on the beer reward. When he gets through "dealing with it", he'll deserve his own brewery! Up to now, he's just been dealing with the whiney-assed juveniles that can't spend some time evaluating something before they turn their noses up and get their panties in a wad. Just wait 'til he hears from someone with a legitimate bitch!

I have asked a few questions and received satisfactory responses from my fellow posters on a couple of them. That doesn't mean I'm done evaluating this new format against the one I've been used to since joining in 2009. New members who neither saw the old skin nor dealt with the operating procedures required for it would likely bitch just as much or more if we went back to it some years from now.

I've already found this new system to be easier to manipulate in some regards. When I come up with something worth bitching about, I'll let you know?

Some people embrace change, some people have angst when it comes to change.

CK is doing what he thinks is best for the forum, and I can only respect that.

That being said, CK just wrote that the change would happen within 2-3 months, and instead, it happened 11 days after the announcement. A heads up one day before the change would have been nice.

I think people should bitch less about the change and just spend time learning to get around with the new system. There is new terminology to learn and new ways to get where we want to go, but at the end of the day, it sure looks like everyone has found a way to post their comments and therefore express their opinions, so what is the big tra la la, here?
I don't mind "change" at all, as long as the change makes sense, and it's at least as good or better than where you were before.
This new board however, is not an improvement IMO, it's taking steps backwards. Me simply no likey !

Forum List

Back