An honest question to liberals/Democrats

JustSomeGuy

Feb 22, 2012
Do you honestly believe that your party's economic and fiscal path is remotely sustainable? If you do, then how do you figure? I would like real world examples.

If we look at countries such as Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, the U.K, Argentina and Venezuela-- all of which we seem to be trying to emulate-- they are all facing an economic disaster greater than what the U.S. is currently facing, yet you seemingly figure that it will be "different" in the case of the U.S.

It's said insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Anyway, enlighten me.

Do you honestly believe that your party's economic and fiscal path is remotely sustainable? If you do, then how do you figure? I would like real world examples.

If we look at countries such as Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, France, the U.K, Argentina and Venezuela-- all of which we seem to be trying to emulate-- they are all facing an economic disaster greater than what the U.S. is currently facing, yet you seemingly figure that it will be "different" in the case of the U.S.

It's said insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Anyway, enlighten me.

Why do you have to start your question with an insult? I'm give my opinions here daily. If you you don't think I'm being honest, FUCK YOU. Why do you CONS think you can slip this "I'm so superior shit" by us. Lurk a little while longer before posting, noob. We already have enough clueless assholes around here.

There was no insult in my post.

So do you care to answer the question, or is that an admission that you cannot?

So why did you make up an idiot story that the liberals wanted to emulate Greece?

Try asking an honest question, and you won't get the abuse you so richly deserved for the crap you tried to pull.

So why did you make up an idiot story that the liberals wanted to emulate Greece?

Try asking an honest question, and you won't get the abuse you so richly deserved for the crap you tried to pull.

All of those countries mentioned have similar economic policies, and they are all headed in the same direction. You can scream foul if you want, but those same policies are the exact same ones that liberals/Democrats are trying to institute in the U.S. If you consider that an insult, then that says more about your economic position than anything else and your refusal to put it against reality than anything else.

Anyway, my question still stands.

All of those countries mentioned have similar economic policies, and they are all headed in the same direction. You can scream foul if you want, but those same policies are the exact same ones that liberals/Democrats are trying to institute in the U.S. If you consider that an insult, then that says more about your economic position than anything else and your refusal to put it against reality than anything else.

Your first mistake is assuming this is a ‘liberal/democratic’ economic position.

It’s not.

Otherwise your question stands only for partisan ignorance.

None of those countries have anything even remotely close to US democratic policies.

Beyond epic fail.

Your first mistake is assuming this is a ‘liberal/democratic’ economic position.

It’s not.

Otherwise your question stands only for partisan ignorance.

Oh? And how are they different?

None of those countries have anything even remotely close to US democratic policies.

Beyond epic fail.

Not yet, hence the "trying to institute" portion of my post.

Last edited:

During the last 8 presidents, 2/3rds of all new jobs were created under Democratic administrations. The first four years Clinton was in office, he worked to reduce the debt given to him by Reagan and Bush. The end of his second term, we saw a surplus.

Obama's first year, the one year debt was over 1.4 trillion. This year, it's barely over a trillion. He has cut that yearly debt by nearly a third. At this rate, if we can keep Republicans out of office, we can have a balanced budget in 5 or 6 years. Remember, Mitt Romney wanted to spend TWO TRILLION on a military to fight, uh, to fight, so who were we going to fight? al Qaeda doesn't have a Navy or an Army.

Remember, under Clinton, a "work requirement" was added for people receiving welfare. Remember, Romney accused Obama of ending it. It was another lie. Auto company CEO's had to come out and publicly accuse Romney of "lying". Who could trust such a person?

Anyway, I hoped this helped. You sit in front of Google. Try not to get your information from Fox. It's Arab owned and I don't believe it's friendly to this country. Try government sites. It's where the best info is.

Why be insulted by bullcrap? There is no honest ? to be seen here so on to the next thread.

Regards from Rosie

I think you pose a serious question you would really like to have answered. I saw nothing in it that alludes to any other reason. You, as I, are merely curious as to responses, for I also have often wondered the same thing as you are asking.

I am not on here for long periods and don't folllow posts loaded with profanity, innunendo, and ad hominems. So I haven't seen this question of yours, addressed, JustSomeGuy. Maybe others here right now, haven't either.

It doesn't look like you are going to get an answer here, at least one of any meaning or substance. It was a good try though I would love to see how they think the numbers are going to work out.

During the last 8 presidents, 2/3rds of all new jobs were created under Democratic administrations. The first four years Clinton was in office, he worked to reduce the debt given to him by Reagan and Bush. The end of his second term, we saw a surplus.

This is really cherry picking data.

Obama's first year, the one year debt was over 1.4 trillion. This year, it's barely over a trillion.

:lol:

The national debt is $16T.

He has cut that yearly debt by nearly a third. At this rate, if we can keep Republicans out of office, we can have a balanced budget in 5 or 6 years.

In five or six years the national debt will be in excess of $20T, so I don't know where you're getting your information. Please learn the difference between the deficit and the debt.

Remember, Mitt Romney wanted to spend TWO TRILLION on a military to fight, uh, to fight, so who were we going to fight? al Qaeda doesn't have a Navy or an Army.

What's Al Queda doing in Afghanistan?

(Getting stronger, is what.)

Remember, under Clinton, a "work requirement" was added for people receiving welfare.

At the request of Republicans. Clinton originally vetoed welfare reform, and reluctantly signed the second welfare reform bill sent to him by Congressional Republicans over the objection of Democrats.

Remember, Romney accused Obama of ending it. It was another lie. Auto company CEO's had to come out and publicly accuse Romney of "lying". Who could trust such a person?

Romney said he heard that they were going to move operations overseas, not that they were going to move operations overseas. By the way, Obama lied plenty. I.e., "Romney killed my husband".

Anyway, I hoped this helped. You sit in front of Google. Try not to get your information from Fox. It's Arab owned and I don't believe it's friendly to this country. Try government sites. It's where the best info is.

The above stated is horribly wrong, but thanks for showing your ignorance.

You will never get honesty from a libtards.

This is really cherry picking data.

Obama's first year, the one year debt was over 1.4 trillion. This year, it's barely over a trillion.

:lol:

The national debt is $16T.

In five or six years the national debt will be in excess of $20T, so I don't know where you're getting your information. Please learn the difference between the deficit and the debt.

What's Al Queda doing in Afghanistan?

(Getting stronger, is what.)

At the request of Republicans. Clinton originally vetoed welfare reform, and reluctantly signed the second welfare reform bill sent to him by Congressional Republicans over the objection of Democrats.

Remember, Romney accused Obama of ending it. It was another lie. Auto company CEO's had to come out and publicly accuse Romney of "lying". Who could trust such a person?

Romney said he heard that they were going to move operations overseas, not that they were going to move operations overseas. By the way, Obama lied plenty. I.e., "Romney killed my husband".

The above stated is horribly wrong, but thanks for showing your ignorance.

^^ Thread debunked. You are not asking an honest question, you have a radical right wing programmed mindset asking a BS question then attacking those that don't agree with your warped ideals.

Last edited:

Ok....I'll act as if you are serious

How is raising the tax rate on our highest earners by 3% "emulating Greece". How is cutting a military we can no longer afford emulating Greece. Why would our country continue a tax structure that did not produce the economic boon nor the jobs promised ?

What part of raising our upper tax rate is not remotely sustainable? We have a lower tax rate than at any time in the last 50 years

^^ Thread debunked. You are not asking an honest question, you have a radical right wing programmed mindset asking a BS question then attacking those that don't agree with your warped ideals.

There's nothing "radically right wing" about correcting factually incorrect information.

We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Go on tax us some more........

People refuse to think for themselves. And there is one reason that Obama was re-elected.

The unions bought the lies that he saved the auto industry. That's why Chrysler is now owned by Italians....

Had the auto companies gone through a normal bankruptcy, without government interference the chances are that the outcome wouldn't be a lot different than it is today. And what Obama did was put them through a bankruptcy where the Unions got everything they wanted and the Salaried people were screwed over. Especially in their pensions.

We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Go on tax us some more........

People refuse to think for themselves. And there is one reason that Obama was re-elected.

The unions bought the lies that he saved the auto industry. That's why Chrysler is now owned by Italians....

Had the auto companies gone through a normal bankruptcy, without government interference the chances are that the outcome wouldn't be a lot different than it is today. And what Obama did was put them through a bankruptcy where the Unions got everything they wanted and the Salaried people were screwed over. Especially in their pensions.

If the auto companies went through normal bankruptcy, they wouldn't be here today. 2009 was not normal times. Going through a normal bankruptcy proceeding while the financial sector was collapsing would have meant liquidation. There was nobody willing to put money into the auto companies in 2009...we tried
Until the government came in and saved them

You have every radical right wing fox/Beck programmed propaganda piece down pat! Well done :eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back