An honest question to conservatives.

The United States Supreme Court determined that money = speech and the left has been whining about ever since. If y'all leftie hypocrites want to take a stand about voting rights and free speech why don't you look at the Media Matters stated mission. MM is tax exempt even though it's mission is politically biased.

McCain/Feingold should be scraped as well.

McCain/Feingold is the reason this whole issue got to the Supreme Court.

Just a way for incumbents to stay incumbents.

Liberals were for this crap legislation in the beginning now that it has gone wrong, they start crying.

Nah, I'll tell you what's not right about all this campaign spending.

My Congress man or woman call sell their votes in the House or Senate to serve the highest campaign donors and it is fine with everyone.

But I go to sell my one lousy fuking vote to the highest bidder, and all hell would break loose.

And that's not right.

You wanna make some money from politics? Vote buying. All our elected officials do it.
Works for them.

So....

To sum up the current answers:

1. Liberals did it.
2. Now we can do it, our way.
3. Liberals whine.

:lol:

That is great and all..

But, does the ability for undocumented/unaccounted campaign contributions improve politics?

So....

1. Liberals did it.
4. Liberals whine.

That is great and all..

But, does the ability for undocumented/unaccounted campaign contributions improve politics?

You asked an honest question. I gave you an honest answer and you ignored it. Instead you concentrate on the ones you can make fun of. Was that the real reason for this thread?

The Citizens United is an ideologically conservative non-profit group that challenged the Federal Election Commission and aspects of BCR Act of 2002, etc.. I am sure you all know by now..

Read more here.

Basically opening the doors for a ton of Corporate spending in elections.

Do you, as a conservative, agree that this was a good ruling from the supreme court? And furthermore, that it was the right thing for a conservative "limited" government group to do?

Not trying to flame bait, I just want to see what conservative citizens really think about this. :eusa_angel:

sorry but as a conservative on many issues, I am weary of bothering to answer a "question" from someone who felt the need to name themselves "Liberal" Experience tells me you don't actually want a Debate.

The United States Supreme Court determined that money = speech and the left has been whining about ever since.
If you want to say I'm "left" I suppose you can but I believe that is inaccurate. I do not agree that a company/corporation is a person. I believe the only power given to government should be given by people.

If y'all leftie hypocrites want to take a stand about voting rights and free speech why don't you look at the Media Matters stated mission. MM is tax exempt even though it's mission is politically biased.
*shrugs* Not something I have looked into so no real comment on that.

So....

1. Liberals did it.
3. Liberals whine.

That is great and all..

I think it depends on which side of the spending isle you are on. But usually, no. But it does foretell some outcomes of elections.

I don't mind selling our democracy out to corporations and everything. I just want to be able to sell my vote to the highest bidder as well. Fair is fair.

The Citizens United is an ideologically conservative non-profit group that challenged the Federal Election Commission and aspects of BCR Act of 2002, etc.. I am sure you all know by now..

Read more here.

Do you, as a conservative, agree that this was a good ruling from the supreme court? And furthermore, that it was the right thing for a conservative "limited" government group to do?

Not trying to flame bait, I just want to see what conservative citizens really think about this. :eusa_angel:

I've sent you my sentiments.

Suck on them long and hard.

You know how to do that asswipe.

Have a nice day.

Read more here.

I've sent you my sentiments.

Suck on them long and hard.

You know how to do that asswipe.

Have a nice day.

Thanks little guy. :lol:

You talk about man asses and sucking alot, you hiding something?

The one thing I will say is before the Ruling, the Situation clearly favored Democrats and their Built in Union Super Pacs, so it's not shocking that so many Dems are against it.

lol

Dems are for free speech, they want someone else to pay for their speech and not allow anyone else to talk

sorry but as a conservative on many issues, I am weary of bothering to answer a "question" from someone who felt the need to name themselves "Liberal" Experience tells me you don't actually want a Debate.

Well, you assumed one thing right.. It was not a "debate", more a fact finding mission.

I am honestly curious to know how conservative feel about this.

Read more here.

Are there any liberals that deal in honesty? When you find one get back with me.:eusa_whistle:

Well, you assumed one thing right.. It was not a "debate", more a fact finding mission.

I am honestly curious to know how conservative feel about this.

Well then honestly how I feel is this. I wish there were more Disclosure about who Donates to the Pacs, but other than that I don't see to much problem with it, as I said before the Pacs I felt the Democrats had an unfair Advantage with their Unions as far as Fund Raising, and Organization.

The truth is, American conservatives love corporations. Talk to them and they feel we should be having a completely different kind of government.

One where the church controls the social aspect of our lives. And corporations control everything else. They only want majority rule when they are in the majority. Under Church control, we can limit or get rid of the gays, limit what women can do, ban other religions and change public schools.

Under the corporate aspect, we can deregulate corporations and end environment laws.

The zany idea is that corporations will keep things clean on their own and they will create jobs for everyone. With the church handling the moral aspect, we will have a "moral" country with everyone in their proper place paying the correct respect to "God".

Only, it's a weird Christian Taliban type of fantasy that could only come to pass with a lot of violence and continued suffering.

Read more here.

Are there any liberals that deal in honesty? When you find one get back with me.:eusa_whistle:

Now you are being "dishonest". Typical.

Actually, corporations were not allowed to make contributions to politicians before Citizen's United, nor are they allowed to do so after that ruling. This has been the case for about 100 years and was upheld in a 2003 Supreme Court ruling.

Sorry, corps cannot make campaign contributions. Individuals working at a corporation, sure.

The truth is, American conservatives love corporations. Talk to them and they feel we should be having a completely different kind of government.

One where the church controls the social aspect of our lives. And corporations control everything else. They only want majority rule when they are in the majority. Under Church control, we can limit or get rid of the gays, limit what women can do, ban other religions and change public schools.

Under the corporate aspect, we can deregulate corporations and end environment laws.

The zany idea is that corporations will keep things clean on their own and they will create jobs for everyone. With the church handling the moral aspect, we will have a "moral" country with everyone in their proper place paying the correct respect to "God".

Only, it's a weird Christian Taliban type of fantasy that could only come to pass with a lot of violence and continued suffering.

Just when I think "rdean can not be any more of an idiot than he already is" you top yourself.

New Topics

Forum List

Back