An eye for an eye.

First off, Yeshua (Jesus to you Christians) was a good Jewish boy. He knew and understood both the Talmud and the Torah.

Incorrect

The Talmyyud which is two components; the Mishnah and Gemara.

Wasn't written until several hundred years after the death of Jesus.

Again, Sunnidiot, cherry picking things will always get you in trouble.......

Originally, Jewish scholarship was oral. Rabbis expounded and debated the law (the written law expressed in the Hebrew Bible) and discussed the Tanakh without the benefit of written works (other than the Biblical books themselves), though some may have made private notes (megillot setarim), for example of court decisions.[citation needed]

This situation changed drastically, however, mainly as the result of the destruction of the Jewish commonwealth in the year 70 CE and the consequent upheaval of Jewish social and legal norms.[citation needed]As the Rabbis were required to face a new reality—mainly Judaism without a Temple (to serve as the center of teaching and study) and Judea without autonomy—there was a flurry of legal discourse and the old system of oral scholarship could not be maintained. It is during this period that Rabbinic discourse began to be recorded in writing.[1][2] The earliest recorded oral law may have been of the midrashic form, in which halakhic discussion is structured as exegetical commentary on the Pentateuch. But an alternative form, organized by subject matter instead of by biblical verse, became dominant about the year 200 CE, when Rabbi Judah haNasi redacted the Mishnah (משנה).[citation needed]

The Oral Law was far from monolithic; rather, it varied among various schools. The most famous two were the School of Shammai and the School of Hillel. In general, all valid opinions, even the non-normative ones, were recorded in the Talmud.[citation needed]

Talmud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or, did you not remember the story where Yeshua was a young boy, sitting in the Temple and debating the rabbis about theology?

Apparently, your knowledge is about as extensive as your so called "experience", which is somewhere between point zip and squat.
You are the one that said Jesus knew the Talmud.

I agree that Jesus knew the oral law.

But the Talmud was not compiled till several hundred years after his death.

I know that you want people here to think you're some kind of Judaic expert.

But you and I both know that you are severely lacking in that area due to your mixed up theology.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I had thought an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth........a life for a life, was set in place to CURB the OVER EXCESSIVE punishments that were being given out at the time for crimes committed?

So stoning women for not wearing burkas is too strict?

But stoning women for not wearing bikinis should also be too strict.

Maybe someone needs to invent the burkini...

killing people for stealing is too strict, killing people for adultery is wrong as well, and killing people for breaking and entering, but unarmed is too strict, and yes,,,,killing people for rape or molestation is wrong as well.

you kill only those who have maliciously killed....you don't kill them for a manslaughter conviction.

our judicial system is based on an eye for an eye....in the general sense. We sentence/punish people according to their crime and the crime's circumstance....there is leeway to do such.

it's not a perfect justice system, but it is a pretty darn good one.

When it comes to child molesters. I believe in one strike and you're out.

As do I, but that out should not include anyone mutilating said pedophile. Throw his ass in general population prison for life. Good enough.

I agree, a pedophile in general population is just what ive always wanted. Pedos's don't fair well in GP, they would be raped daily. Now that is justice. Good to know you agree too! :thup:

Absolutely. I do not however believe the prisons should do a better job of making sure that NO ONE is abused while in custody.

Hey.........some dude just got out of jail here in Texas after 23 years serving a sentence for a crime that he didn't commit.

He was exonerated by DNA evidence.

Now imagine if we had acid washed that poor bastard's face. I swear some people act exactly like the animals they rail against.

As do I, but that out should not include anyone mutilating said pedophile. Throw his ass in general population prison for life. Good enough.

I agree, a pedophile in general population is just what ive always wanted. Pedos's don't fair well in GP, they would be raped daily. Now that is justice. Good to know you agree too! :thup:

Absolutely. I do not however believe the prisons should do a better job of making sure that NO ONE is abused while in custody.

Tough shit for them if they are abused. I really dont care of they are raped badly all day long. It may give them perspective on what they thought was a turn on and alright to do to someone else. It would aslo fit right in with an eye for an eye. :thup:

Tough shit for them if they are abused. I really dont care of they are raped badly all day long. It may give them perspective on what they thought was a turn on and alright to do to someone else. It would aslo fit right in with an eye for an eye. :thup:

If that kind of thing is okay with you, then ma'am you live in the wrong country. The prison system HAS to protect those who are in their charge from ANY abuses regardless of their crimes.

If that kind of thing is okay with you, then ma'am you live in the wrong country. The prison system HAS to protect those who are in their charge from ANY abuses regardless of their crimes.

You said yourself you would have them in general population. You cant have it both ways. :lol:

What goes on and what i would PREFER to go on in prisons don't exactly match up. Criminals being protected and my wanting them getting justice are two separate issues.

Its called In My Opinion. ;)

You remember that Johan Vander Sloot guy that did Natalie Holloway a few years back and yanked everybody's chain about it? Last I heard he's in a South American prison somewhere that is some lacking in amenities. One of the worst in the world from what I'm told, I hope the miserable bastard gets nobbed every day of his miserable life.

PS: that is one nice picture you got there foryour avatar.

You said yourself you would have them in general population. You cant have it both ways. :lol:

What goes on and what i would PREFER to go on in prisons don't exactly match up. Criminals being protected and my wanting them getting justice are two separate issues.

Don't even try to twist words with me. I KNOW what your OPINION is, that they be tossed in general population and the guards turn a blind eye to whatever is done to them (and we all know what other criminals would do to pedophiles if there were no checks.)

The FACT is that our criminal system can NOT allow rapists to be raped while in custody just because it would make SOME people feel better.

An eye for an eye. Literally.

The court-ordered blinding of an Iranian man who hurled acid in the face of university classmate Ameneh Bahrami has been postponed.

The sentence had been scheduled to be carried out at noon (7:30am GMT) on Saturday at the judiciary hospital in Tehran in the presence of a physician and representatives of the coroners' office and the prosecution.

Al Jazeera's Dorsa Jabari, reporting from Tehran, said: "The victim showed up at the hospital this morning where she was told that because of various interviews she had granted western media, the judiciary officials had decided to postpone carrying out the punishment, which is five drops of sulfuric acid in each eye."

"The execution of qesas (retribution in kind) of Majid (Movahedi)... has been postponed to an unknown date," the ISNA news agency reported on its website just hours before the appointed time.

Movahedi was sentenced to be blinded in both eyes in February 2009 after being convicted of hurling acid in the face of Bahrami when she repeatedly spurned his offer of marriage.

His victim, who has been the driving force behind the sentence, had travelled to the Iranian capital from Spain in the expectation of it being carried out and had even said she was ready to do the blinding herself.

Iran postpones acid blinding punishment - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

i say do it. these are a bunch of sick, twisted individuals anyway. Sharia law, stoning. She wouldn't marry the guy so he threw acid in his face? Sorry, what goes around, comes around

You remember that Johan Vander Sloot guy that did Natalie Holloway a few years back and yanked everybody's chain about it? Last I heard he's in a South American prison somewhere that is some lacking in amenities. One of the worst in the world from what I'm told, I hope the miserable bastard gets nobbed every day of his miserable life.

PS: that is one nice picture you got there foryour avatar.

American prisons are a cake walk as far as i am concerned...why do you think no one cares if they end up there or not. They get mollycoddled. Hell we have people here who do shit to have a good night sleep and a free meal. They rob a business so that they can get medical. They also know robbing banks gets them time in a federal prison...nicer digs.

Don't even try to twist words with me. I KNOW what your OPINION is, that they be tossed in general population and the guards turn a blind eye to whatever is done to them (and we all know what other criminals would do to pedophiles if there were no checks.)

The FACT is that our criminal system can NOT allow rapists to be raped while in custody just because it would make SOME people feel better.

Now just how would you know that thebrain? You have been here what...less then two weeks. Ive not talked about this particular subject in a while...the last time was with conjob :lol:

I am not twisting your words. Anyone who knows anything about the prison system and pedophiles knows that they are segregated and NOT put in general population...for just the reason i state. They will be raped and brutalized daily. Pedophiles are not safe..even the criminals think they are scum and need justice. I agree with them.

Last edited:
Now just how would you know that thebrain? :lol:

Simple deduction based on the fact that your opinion that pedophiles should be raped is a pretty popular opinion among the less educated.:eusa_whistle:

I am not twisting your words. Anyone who knows anything about the prison system and pedophiles knows that they are segregated and NOT put in general population...for just the reason i state. They will be raped and brutalized daily. Pedophiles are not safe..even the criminals think they are scum and need justice. I agree with them.

'
Actually in most states pedophiles are allowed to choose to go into segregation, they are not automatically placed there. This creates an unnecessary burden on prisons to maintain separate facilities for one class of criminal. Their efforts would better be spent to make sure crime does not occur IN the prison against ANYONE.

Further, it is absolutely a violation of a prisoner's right to not be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment to knowingly place them in a dangerous environment in order to punish them.

Last edited:
LOL, so you say. Simple deduction..a very amusing answer for a newbie. :eusa_whistle:

An eye for an eye would go far with the pedophile problem i think. Or shall we say...do unto others as you would have done unto you. :thup:

LOL, so you say. Simple deduction..a very amusing answer for a newbie. :eusa_whistle:

An eye for an eye would go far with the pedophile problem i think. Or shall we say...do unto others as you would have done unto you. :thup:

LOL so you suppose you're the first person who has said " fuck it let them be raped in prison?" Good grief.

chopping people's hands off would probably keep them from stealing to. Damn sure stoning a woman to death for adultery would keep her from cheating again.

There are some countries that practice that sort of "justice" we are not one such country.

an eye for an eye, was writen for the magistrates of the church(synagogue) and NOT for the every day people

Forum List

Back