An eye for an eye.

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
An eye for an eye. Literally.

The court-ordered blinding of an Iranian man who hurled acid in the face of university classmate Ameneh Bahrami has been postponed.

The sentence had been scheduled to be carried out at noon (7:30am GMT) on Saturday at the judiciary hospital in Tehran in the presence of a physician and representatives of the coroners' office and the prosecution.

Al Jazeera's Dorsa Jabari, reporting from Tehran, said: "The victim showed up at the hospital this morning where she was told that because of various interviews she had granted western media, the judiciary officials had decided to postpone carrying out the punishment, which is five drops of sulfuric acid in each eye."

"The execution of qesas (retribution in kind) of Majid (Movahedi)... has been postponed to an unknown date," the ISNA news agency reported on its website just hours before the appointed time.

Movahedi was sentenced to be blinded in both eyes in February 2009 after being convicted of hurling acid in the face of Bahrami when she repeatedly spurned his offer of marriage.

His victim, who has been the driving force behind the sentence, had travelled to the Iranian capital from Spain in the expectation of it being carried out and had even said she was ready to do the blinding herself.

Iran postpones acid blinding punishment - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

He's an animal for doing that to her, and they are all animals for the punishment they are about to give the guy.

• Banned
He's an animal for doing that to her, and they are all animals for the punishment they are about to give the guy.

So what he dished out is not good enough for him to live with to? What he punished some with to suffer is not a fair punishment for him to suffer?

So what he dished out is not good enough for him to live with to? What he punished some with to suffer is not a fair punishment for him to suffer?

No dear, a civilized person does not respond to sickness with sickness, and there is an absolute difference between justice and vengeance.

Sickening as it is, with the world today maybe our prisons wouldn't be so full of wackos if that concept of repaying in like kind for victims was carried out.

I have my flame suit on, just in case.

Sickening as it is, with the world today maybe our prisons wouldn't be so full of wackos if that concept of repaying in like kind for victims was carried out.

Like it so worked out in the past when those exact things were tried..

Oh wait.:eusa_shhh:

It's a sickening thought..an eye for an eye. Horrible in fact. But most that dish out such things don't ever expect to feel the pain themselves, do they? But if they did know if they committed such a horrendous crime against another human being, do you think it would make them think twice about actually doing it knowing they will get the same when caught? Something to muse over, ain't it?

It's a sickening thought..an eye for an eye. Horrible in fact. But most that dish out such things don't ever expect to feel the pain themselves, do they? But if they did know if they committed such a horrendous crime against another human being, do you think it would make them think twice about actually doing it knowing they will get the same when caught? Something to muse over, ain't it?

Incorrect ma'am. What would make them think twice and not disgust me would be to lengthen prison sentences and turn prisons into prisons rather than summer camps. No A/C, no TV, no radio, no library, nothing but work your ass off all day then get in your cage at night with time for 3 basic meals and a shower every day.

Incorrect ma'am. What would make them think twice and not disgust me would be to lengthen prison sentences and turn prisons into prisons rather than summer camps. No A/C, no TV, no radio, no library, nothing but work your ass off all day then get in your cage at night with time for 3 basic meals and a shower every day.

That isn't working very well, is it? Prisons are overflowing. Lock up isn't a picnic. Or at least, that's what I believe.
Making them think twice is knowing someone else did soemthing and got the same punishment in return.

"I don't like that woman. I'm going to carve up her face with a box cutter"
"You have been found guilty of disfiguring this woman for life. You will get the exact same slashes, plus spend 25 years in prison with no time off to think about what you did".

Oh yeah. Twice thoughts.

Last edited:

That works for me too. But in this case he could still do all of those things blind. I would be for both.

I have no sympathy for criminals like this. In this case an eye for an eye would be justice. To whom is justice served best? The victim or the state? To whom does he owe the debt?

That works for me too. But in this case he could still do all of those things blind. I would be for both.

I have no sympathy for criminals like this. In this case an eye for an eye would be justice. To whom is justice served best? The victim or the state? To whom does he owe the debt?

Now don't be thinking I have any sympathy for these animals, b/c I don't, and if I sat on a jury of a man who killed some sumbitch who did this to a member of his family; I'd probably vote that it was justified. BUT that is NOT the same thing as state sanctioned torture.

BTW Any such punishment would CLEARLY violate our Constitution.

How would it violate the Constitution??

Are you serious

8th Amendment

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
I don't believe that it would be a cruel are unusual punishment to blind the perpetrator.

Punishment can be anything that the state or the people decide and carryout

in the name of justice.

How would it violate the Constitution??

Are you serious

8th Amendment

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
I don't believe that it would be a cruel are unusual punishment to blind the perpetrator.

Punishment can be anything that the state or the people decide and carryout

in the name of justice.

no sir, it can't. I'm sure you would LOVE to open that door so that we move closer to Sharia Law, but we don't do that sort of shit in this country, pack your shit and move to Iran if you want that kind of "justice."

Forum List

Back