an example of stupidity

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
person 1) Look honey, wouldn't that mountainside be a beautiful place for our new house.

person 2) yes it would dear, but isn't this the same mountain that erupted 20 years ago and released a 16 mile long lava flow? and do you feel that rumbling in the ground?

person 1) oh who cares, those trees would make beautiful shade in the evening hours.

:slap: :poke: :cuckoo:

Scientists Say Mauna Loa May Soon Erupt

"We don't believe an eruption is right around the corner, but every day that goes by is one day closer to that event," said Paul Okubo, a seismologist at the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory on the Big Island.

Mauna Loa erupted for three weeks in 1984, sending a 16-mile lava flow toward Hilo. Since then, the U.S. Geological Survey estimates that more than $2.3 billion has been invested in new construction along Mauna Loa's slopes.

Since July, more than 350 earthquakes have been recorded far beneath the 13,677-foot-high Mauna Loa, said Don Swanson, scientist-in-charge at the observatory.

DKSuddeth said:
Mauna Loa erupted for three weeks in 1984, sending a 16-mile lava flow toward Hilo. Since then, the U.S. Geological Survey estimates that more than $2.3 billion has been invested in new construction along Mauna Loa's slopes.

Wonder if these folks have government sponsored home owner's insurance?

"We don't believe an eruption is right around the corner, but every day that goes by is one day closer to that event," said Paul Okubo
This is one smart man, LOL!!
Sorry, I don't know why I find this so humorous, LOL, I'm giddy today.

UsaPride said:
This is one smart man, LOL!!
Sorry, I don't know why I find this so humorous, LOL, I'm giddy today.

LOL - I didn't pick up on that. Guess I'm slow today. That's rather like the phrase "It's always in the last place you look". Well - no shit.

Merlin1047 said:
LOL - I didn't pick up on that. Guess I'm slow today. That's rather like the phrase "It's always in the last place you look". Well - no shit.
LMAO!! Exactly, LOL! :beer:

Forum List

Back