An Example Of Local Government Run Amuck!

AdvancingTime

Feb 8, 2015
What happens when central banks pile QE upon QE upon QE? My local government is the perfect example, several projects proposed in the city where I live reflects what is happening across much of America. We should all be concerned at how financial restraint is being cast aside to create cookie-cutter cities and an illusion of growth.

My city government is on a "spendathon" of gigantic proportions and getting more involved in private endeavors. These projects are often described as quintessential models of the public-private partnership where businesses and the community come together to create something that truly moves the needle for the region thus elevating the whole area.

This is a strong signal that crony capitalism has grown to where government and quasi-government entities have become the main engine of growth. My only fear is that in the end taxpayers will be presented with a bill for these boondoggles and the current exuberance. The article below gives examples of overreach in the city where I reside.

Advancing Time: An Example Of Local Government Run Amuck!

My city has done and continues to do this as well. The actual bricks and mortar spending doesn't bother me as much as the huge design and consulting fees they pay people for these projects. If we are going to pay a mint for 100 over-priced plum trees, do we really need to double that to pay a designer to select over-priced plum trees?

What happens when central banks pile QE upon QE upon QE? My local government is the perfect example, several projects proposed in the city where I live reflects what is happening across much of America. We should all be concerned at how financial restraint is being cast aside to create cookie-cutter cities and an illusion of growth.

My city government is on a "spendathon" of gigantic proportions and getting more involved in private endeavors. These projects are often described as quintessential models of the public-private partnership where businesses and the community come together to create something that truly moves the needle for the region thus elevating the whole area.

This is a strong signal that crony capitalism has grown to where government and quasi-government entities have become the main engine of growth. My only fear is that in the end taxpayers will be presented with a bill for these boondoggles and the current exuberance. The article below gives examples of overreach in the city where I reside.

What happens when central banks pile QE upon QE upon QE? My local government is the perfect example,

Your local government has nothing to do with QE.

What happens when central banks pile QE upon QE upon QE? My local government is the perfect example,

Your local government has nothing to do with QE.

Unless you believe a sterling source like Bruce Wilds. jesus.

Forum List

Back