An Environut comes clean.

∑₭o Đ∆Żə;2759290 said:
Remember that people initially laughed off Hitler and considered his threat to defy common sense, but we saw how the "common sense" of the German people was changed over time.

This man starts off as a lunatic extremist (and even I'm a bit surprised by his audacity), but if the spells can work and take hold -- you never know if something like this could take root or not. Already we see ridiculous spectacles in the streets that defy rationality, like protesters holding up signs of Glen Beck with a Nazi mustashe, and the vilifying of Constitutionlists as "racists", "terrorists", "Nazi's" and even "child-molesters". But today's absurdities can often become tomorrow's realities -- at least in people's perceptions. It all depends on fear... if they can paralyze good citizens by using fear, and this only happens when people have let their guards down and have underestimated the evil that people are capable of. The paralyzing effect is caused more by the unexpectedness and disbelief at what's happening than the actual threat itself.

"There is no safety for honest men, but to expect all possible evil from evil men."

-Edmund Burke

Once again we're being treated to an extreme that's being treated as "business as usual". It's all political because anyone even-handed would also have to mention "Obama is a Muslim " and "Obama isn't an American". Those sentiments are a lot more mainstream than the ones you mention, therefore I feel justified in calling out the OP on logical grounds. Why should I fear those people any less than those you mention?
Where did you call out the OP on ANY grounds? Refresh our memories, Dodge. Thanks.

∑₭o Đ∆Żə;2759290 said:
Remember that people initially laughed off Hitler and considered his threat to defy common sense, but we saw how the "common sense" of the German people was changed over time.

This man starts off as a lunatic extremist (and even I'm a bit surprised by his audacity), but if the spells can work and take hold -- you never know if something like this could take root or not. Already we see ridiculous spectacles in the streets that defy rationality, like protesters holding up signs of Glen Beck with a Nazi mustashe, and the vilifying of Constitutionlists as "racists", "terrorists", "Nazi's" and even "child-molesters". But today's absurdities can often become tomorrow's realities -- at least in people's perceptions. It all depends on fear... if they can paralyze good citizens by using fear, and this only happens when people have let their guards down and have underestimated the evil that people are capable of. The paralyzing effect is caused more by the unexpectedness and disbelief at what's happening than the actual threat itself.

"There is no safety for honest men, but to expect all possible evil from evil men."

-Edmund Burke

Once again we're being treated to an extreme that's being treated as "business as usual". It's all political because anyone even-handed would also have to mention "Obama is a Muslim " and "Obama isn't an American". Those sentiments are a lot more mainstream than the ones you mention, therefore I feel justified in calling out the OP on logical grounds. Why should I fear those people any less than those you mention?

Perhaps you should. But I think that the severity of the implications in the case you mention are far less damaging, and do have some factual basis. The slander of the idiots in the streets I mentioned have NO factual basis and are for the sole purpose engendering hate and fear in people.

Linkola calls for forced abortions, while also adding that another world war would be “a happy occasion for the planet” because it would eradicate tens of millions of people. The environmentalist believes that only jackbooted tyranny can help to save mother earth from “the worst ideologies in the world” which he defines as “growth and freedom”.

That this Linkola dude actually believes that another WORLD WAR is The Way "to save mother earth" from man-made climate change is absolutely ABSURD!

Do you think he hasn't taken into consideration the fact that NUCLEAR WEAPONS would certainly be unleashed for the event?

Well, perhaps he's figured out a new science that PROVES, beyond a shadow of doubt, that nukes are GOOD for the environment.

Cripes.
smiley-rolleyes008.gif

Last edited:
∑₭o Đ∆Żə;2759290 said:

-Edmund Burke

Once again you prove your inability to address what was presented. To repudiate what was said and to attempt yet again to divert attention from the extremists that drive your religion. Ergo, we are left with the assumption that you agree with the idea.

Thank you for making that plain for all to see. You are the reason why we are winning the argument.

Forum List

Back