An Environut comes clean.

Well, there are some on this board that claim the status of scientist, but seem incapable of a scientific arguement. Perhaps their claims are as fallacious as their agruements.

Rocks seems still to be confused between what an environmental activist is and what a scientist is.

No surprise.

No more confused than you are by logic.

Association fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of fallacies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If those had anything to do with what I said, you might have a point. As they don't, you don't.

It's pretty simple stuff.

They do have a point, since I'm noting out that you've been taken in by illogical statements. The only other logical reason for saying what you're saying, is that you know but don't care. A definite possibility, since deniers have long abandoned the even-handed scientific approach in favor of a purely political line.

If those had anything to do with what I said, you might have a point. As they don't, you don't.

It's pretty simple stuff.

They do have a point, since I'm noting out that you've been taken in by illogical statements. The only other logical reason for saying what you're saying, is that you know but don't care. A definite possibility, since deniers have long abandoned the even-handed scientific approach in favor of a purely political line.
If you think those links have anything to do with what I said, I must question your reading comprehension skills.

Now, tell me, Konrad: What are the deniers denying?

I've asked you that question several times without any answer from you. Ever.

Then, go look up 'dodging' as a fallacy.

Ah, Si, cannot come right out and state that the scientists are wrong, and be shown for the fraud that you are, eh? Just play the slimey doubt game.

Come on, present some real evidence that the people that were presenting the lectures at the AGU Conferance last year were wrong. Surely you can do that. After all, you have stated repeatedly that the logic concerning the evidince for AGW is wrong. So show us why that is the case.

2009 AGU Fall Meeting: Featured Lectures

Ah, Si, cannot come right out and state that the scientists are wrong, and be shown for the fraud that you are, eh? Just play the slimey doubt game.

The fact that you interpret my telling you that you lack the ability to tell the difference between an activist and a scientist as this, is simply astounding.

Prison Planet, eh. Well, Walleyes, that is about your intellectual level.

How about addressing the mans position instead of broadcasting your profound ignorance.

Come on, present some real evidence that the people that were presenting the lectures at the AGU Conferance last year were wrong. Surely you can do that. After all, you have stated repeatedly that the logic concerning the evidince for AGW is wrong. So show us why that is the case.

2009 AGU Fall Meeting: Featured Lectures

How about addressing the mans claims instead of wasting bandwidth trying to obfuscate what the man said. This just gives the impression you actually agree with what he says. And, to be frank, that wouldn't surprise me one iota.

The fact that you interpret my telling you that you lack the ability to tell the difference between an activist and a scientist as this, is simply astounding.

No Si, I think it is illustrative of olfrauds "belief system". He doesn't like it when his religion is exposed.

Remember that people initially laughed off Hitler and considered his threat to defy common sense, but we saw how the "common sense" of the German people was changed over time.

This man starts off as a lunatic extremist (and even I'm a bit surprised by his audacity), but if the spells can work and take hold -- you never know if something like this could take root or not. Already we see ridiculous spectacles in the streets that defy rationality, like protesters holding up signs of Glen Beck with a Nazi mustashe, and the vilifying of Constitutionlists as "racists", "terrorists", "Nazi's" and even "child-molesters". But today's absurdities can often become tomorrow's realities -- at least in people's perceptions. It all depends on fear... if they can paralyze good citizens by using fear, and this only happens when people have let their guards down and have underestimated the evil that people are capable of. The paralyzing effect is caused more by the unexpectedness and disbelief at what's happening than the actual threat itself.

"There is no safety for honest men, but to expect all possible evil from evil men."

-Edmund Burke

Last edited:
Why is it when ever some Environut says something out of this world like this, The Die Hard Alarmist can even seem to talk about what they said.

Sad.

∑₭o Đ∆Żə;2759290 said:
Remember that people initially laughed off Hitler and considered his threat to defy common sense, but we saw how the "common sense" of the German people was changed over time.

This man starts off as a lunatic extremist (and even I'm a bit surprised by his audacity), but if the spells can work and take hold -- you never know if something like this could take root or not. Already we see ridiculous spectacles in the streets that defy rationality, like protesters holding up signs of Glen Beck with a Nazi mustashe, and the vilifying of Constitutionlists as "racists", "terrorists", "Nazi's" and even "child-molesters". But today's absurdities can often become tomorrow's realities -- at least in people's perceptions. It all depends on fear... if they can paralyze good citizens by using fear, and this only happens when people have let their guards down and have underestimated the evil that people are capable of. The paralyzing effect is caused more by the unexpectedness and disbelief at what's happening than the actual threat itself.

"There is no safety for honest men, but to expect all possible evil from evil men."

-Edmund Burke

Once again we're being treated to an extreme that's being treated as "business as usual". It's all political because anyone even-handed would also have to mention "Obama is a Muslim " and "Obama isn't an American". Those sentiments are a lot more mainstream than the ones you mention, therefore I feel justified in calling out the OP on logical grounds. Why should I fear those people any less than those you mention?

Forum List

Back