An entire family was murdered in New Orleans and the national media didn't bat an eye

Er..the media wrote the article about them?

My guess is a black relative committed the crime. The media's not interested unless there are racial overtones. If a white guy had killed this family, it would be plastered all over the place.

Also sometimes the media isn't all over DV stories. They're so common, and it's rather pointless to make a huge thing out of them over and over and over again.

And it's not pointless to make a big deal over some teenager who's gone missing in Aruba?

Oh....but she's blonde, talented, and pretty.

Terrible story. Nothing to do with race though. ~BH

Turn the other way - bury head in sand. The poorer you are - and the less white you are - the less likely the media will care that you die.

I would never defend the media. Nothing but a bunch of bottomfeeders. I am sure a "poor" White person being killed wouldn't get the coverage either though. ~BH

Without turning this into a larger diatribe against something that may or may not be relevant in this matter:

This is a damn shame. I hope the guilty are caught and prosecuted and that the survivors find some comfort/peace in the coming days.

Er..the media wrote the article about them?

My guess is a black relative committed the crime. The media's not interested unless there are racial overtones. If a white guy had killed this family, it would be plastered all over the place.

Also sometimes the media isn't all over DV stories. They're so common, and it's rather pointless to make a huge thing out of them over and over and over again.

And it's not pointless to make a big deal over some teenager who's gone missing in Aruba?

Oh....but she's blonde, talented, and pretty.

No lie. A girl of about the same age went missing across the border from Texas around the same time - it was discussed much in the local news, but the national media barely touched it. She was hispanic. Go figure.

I myself was personally kidnapped/arrested and forced to pay a ransom/bribe in Nuevo Laredo, it made zero news outlets. That kind of stuff happens all the time across the border.

(after many months of trying to figure out whether the were plainclothes cops or kidnappers pretending to be plainclothes cops, it occurred to me there's no point in making such a distinction in a town where the cops are all corrupt and on cartel payrolls. In fact I think "bribe" and "ransom" are the same word in Spanish)

Last edited:
Spiderman, that is tragic. And you are right, the media 99% of the time like to focus on the pretty white girls murder more than something like this.

But,,,,,this type of thing is common everywhere. We had a guy kill 7 people in a house a few years ago here in Indy, did it make national news?

Actually it was on America's Most Wanted. The victims were Hispanic though, right? Not all American enough.

If 7 white people had been murdered in the Country Club you can bet it'd be everywhere.

Interesting you should bring that up. Do you remember this story?

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may or may not. Despite the grizzly and explosive details surrounding this crime. It was months before the national media picked up on it. And, even then it was not widely covered. So, maybe your whole premise is wrong.

Spiderman, that is tragic. And you are right, the media 99% of the time like to focus on the pretty white girls murder more than something like this.

But,,,,,this type of thing is common everywhere. We had a guy kill 7 people in a house a few years ago here in Indy, did it make national news?

Actually it was on America's Most Wanted. The victims were Hispanic though, right? Not all American enough.

If 7 white people had been murdered in the Country Club you can bet it'd be everywhere.

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may or may not. Despite the grizzly and explosive details surrounding this crime. It was months before the national media picked up on it. And, even then it was not widely covered. So, maybe your whole premise is wrong.

Its the same root problem. If the assailants had been white (like a LaCrosse team for example, though that's not a fair comparison since those Duke guys were not guilty of a crime) - you can bet this would have been bigger national news. The media did not want to appear racist by making a big deal of out. Why does the media sometimes strive so hard to not want to appear racist? Because they are racist!

White on white crime will always be the media's preferred issue to cover. All the white people care about it bc its other white folks, and the media doesn't even have to touch the race issue as far as the crime goes.

Followed in priority by white on black...

Then black on white...

Then black on black.

In my opinion

Last edited:

Its the same root problem. If the assailants had been white (like a LaCrosse team for example, though that's not a fair comparison since those Duke guys were not guilty of a crime) - you can bet this would have been bigger national news. The media did not want to appear racist by making a big deal of out. Why does the media sometimes strive so hard to not want to appear racist? Because they are racist!

White on white crime will always be the media's preferred issue to cover. All the white people care about it bc its other white folks, and the media doesn't even have to touch the race issue as far as the crime goes.

Then black on white...

Then black on black.

In my opinion

How many race cards are you going to play in one hand?

Then black on white...

Then black on black.

In my opinion

How many race cards are you going to play in one hand?

Why would a racially unbiased media shy away from black on white as well as black on black crime?

Then black on white...

Then black on black.

In my opinion

You know, you are so close to an intellectual break through that would just blow you mind if you thought about that a little more. You are definitely on the right track, but I think you aren't quite following it through to it's logical conclusion. When you do, there will be a sound like an atomic bomb going off. So much pent up rage for the injustice and maltreatment. I can't even imagine. But, you are going to have to get there yourself. It wouldn't do for anyone to try to tell you. You just can't tell someone something like that.

Then black on white...

Then black on black.

In my opinion

You know, you are so close to an intellectual break through that would just blow you mind if you thought about that a little more. You are definitely on the right track, but I think you aren't quite following it through to it's logical conclusion. When you do, there will be a sound like an atomic bomb going off. So much pent up rage for the injustice and maltreatment. I can't even imagine. But, you are going to have to get there yourself. It wouldn't do for anyone to try to tell you. You just can't tell someone something like that.

:cuckoo: What ev

Then black on white...

Then black on black.

In my opinion

:cuckoo: What ev

'Doh .....guess it was a bridge too far for you. Who needs clarity anyway, right?

That is such a horrible story. I would skin those maggots alive who did this. I am sure they got cable TV in their cells right now. ~BH

Then black on white...

Then black on black.

In my opinion

So what you're saying is all that White folks care about is white on white crime? ~BH

Forum List

Back