An Embarrassing and/or Proud Moment for Vets, Maybe.

he could have spoke without the long and useless introduction. all he had to say was he was an american citizen and voter but he seemed to enjoy the appaluse etc...and i love the addition of him being a disabled vet...i could help but noticed as he puffed out his chest and walked out to his wife...what his disablity was?

could it have been mental? i am serious ..he said he was a disabled vet...looked fine and dandy to me...

he could have spoke without the long and useless introduction. all he had to say was he was an american citizen and voter but he seemed to enjoy the appaluse etc...and i love the addition of him being a disabled vet...i could help but noticed as he puffed out his chest and walked out to his wife...what his disablity was?

could it have been mental? i am serious ..he said he was a disabled vet...looked fine and dandy to me...

What's that old line? Oh Yeh, Looks can be deceiving.

my take on him saying he was a vet, was that others before him had done so as well
if you actually pay attention to what he said when he began speaking

does the disability have to be visual?

There are more than a million of us disabled vets alive today, I would imagine. We may end up with more than 20,000 from the wars in this decade alone. The overall number will continue drop as more than a 1,000 vets (overwhelmingly WWII) die daily. Those of you who have dissed vets on USMB are foolish, foolish simpletons.

The speaker had every right to speak his mind. Being a vet gave him no moral legitimacy than any American, veteran or not, to speak his peace. I thought he was an idiot, but that is the great thing in America -- we can and will speak our beliefs almost invariably without political reprisal. However, that does not mean that we can speak them without rebuttal.

Last edited:
Good for him, speaking up against the gasbags who think the people serve them and that they dole out 'favors.'

He had the wrong symbol for Queen Nan, it should have been this:

Hammer_and_sickle.png

There are more than a million of us disabled vets alive today, I would image. We may end up with more than 20,000 from the wars in this decade alone. The overall number will continue drop as more than a 1,000 vets (overwhelmingly WWII) die daily. Those of you who have dissed vets on USMB are foolish, foolish simpletons.

The speaker had every right to speak his mind. Being a vet gave him no moral legitimacy than any American, veteran or not, to speak his peace. I th aought he was an idiot, but that is the great thing in America -- we can and will speak our beliefs almost invariably without political reprisal. However, that does not mean that we can speak them without rebuttal.

The VA is sending disability checks to more than 181,000 veterans of just Iraq and Afghanistan.

Why is the vet in the video an embarrassment to you Bod? You are your own person are you not? His actions have nothing to do with you.

I believe there was some grandstanding going on, as well as some genuine concern.

For one, he talks about Defending the country and then suggests the Speaker of the House has some Nazi connection. Nazi's killed six million Jews and a couple of hundred thousand gays and know one knows how many thousands of Gypsy's.

I know that many Republicans, killing gay people is not such a big deal. But it's true that the guy was just spewing Republican rhetoric. I bet he even believes that Obama wants "death panels". I wonder if he even has health insurance.

Many Republicans who are "fighting" to keep health insurance the way it is don't even have any.
And look at the way it is. CEO salaries for HC companies Average $4,000,000.00 EACH.

How many insurance polices does it take to pay a single 4 million dollar salary? How many people could have been treated.

Depending of the size of the company, some CEO's make up to 38 MILLION with bonuses of over a hundred million dollars. Does this even sound SANE?????

Then there are those that say you can't be cut from you policy. Actually, there are many ways. You could call a sinus infection an "pre existing" condition. If you have a life threatening condition, insurance companies know you can't take them to court. You need your money to save your life. Or if you do take them to court, many times, chances are you'll die before it's settled. Then it doesn't matter.

Republicans had both houses and the presidency for years AND DID NOTHING.

Now, we have someone who is looking out for the American people and what happens? He is called "Nazi". His wife is called a bitch and ho on this very site.

FACT: 1993 - US paid 94 billion for health care.

2008 - US paid 2.5 TRILLION.

I bet if the guy had the actual facts minus "death panel" and "lottery aid", he would support the president. Or not, Obama IS half black. Many Americans will NEVER, EVER see past that.

seek help.

It's not me that needs help. It's the country. Funny you couldn't refute anything I said, just one "quip" that was far from "clever".

There are more than a million of us disabled vets alive today, I would image. We may end up with more than 20,000 from the wars in this decade alone. The overall number will continue drop as more than a 1,000 vets (overwhelmingly WWII) die daily. Those of you who have dissed vets on USMB are foolish, foolish simpletons.

The speaker had every right to speak his mind. Being a vet gave him no moral legitimacy than any American, veteran or not, to speak his peace. I th aought he was an idiot, but that is the great thing in America -- we can and will speak our beliefs almost invariably without political reprisal. However, that does not mean that we can speak them without rebuttal.

The VA is sending disability checks to more than 181,000 veterans of just Iraq and Afghanistan.

Wow. Give us a link for that kind of stuff. I can't find one.

For one, he talks about Defending the country and then suggests the Speaker of the House has some Nazi connection. Nazi's killed six million Jews and a couple of hundred thousand gays and know one knows how many thousands of Gypsy's.

I know that many Republicans, killing gay people is not such a big deal. But it's true that the guy was just spewing Republican rhetoric. I bet he even believes that Obama wants "death panels". I wonder if he even has health insurance.

Many Republicans who are "fighting" to keep health insurance the way it is don't even have any.
And look at the way it is. CEO salaries for HC companies Average $4,000,000.00 EACH.

How many insurance polices does it take to pay a single 4 million dollar salary? How many people could have been treated.

Depending of the size of the company, some CEO's make up to 38 MILLION with bonuses of over a hundred million dollars. Does this even sound SANE?????

Then there are those that say you can't be cut from you policy. Actually, there are many ways. You could call a sinus infection an "pre existing" condition. If you have a life threatening condition, insurance companies know you can't take them to court. You need your money to save your life. Or if you do take them to court, many times, chances are you'll die before it's settled. Then it doesn't matter.

Republicans had both houses and the presidency for years AND DID NOTHING.

Now, we have someone who is looking out for the American people and what happens? He is called "Nazi". His wife is called a bitch and ho on this very site.

FACT: 1993 - US paid 94 billion for health care.

2008 - US paid 2.5 TRILLION.

I bet if the guy had the actual facts minus "death panel" and "lottery aid", he would support the president. Or not, Obama IS half black. Many Americans will NEVER, EVER see past that.

seek help.

It's not me that needs help. It's the country. Funny you couldn't refute anything I said, just one "quip" that was far from "clever".

stop "misusing" "quotes".

Hmmmm, government health care.

Get REAL Bodie...He was asking a rational Question. he IS concerned about the Government having more power than they are Constitutionally mandated to have. they have NO BUSINESS in healthcare...it's an Individual descision/responsibility.

But does that escape you? Healthcare is NOT a right.

Um...when was the QUESTION? That's right, at the very end of his little speech and then he walked away...maybe he didn't even want an answer. If I was waiting to ask my question at that town hall, and they ran out of time, I'd be pissed at Mr. Speechifier.

The man spoke his MIND...why should he wait for an answer when he knew it would be parsing or an outright LIE...

But then Statists like YOU enjoy this kinda thing, don't you?

Where's the LIAR Icon, because it befits you, Bodie. You thrive off of LIES. it makes your little heart (or facsimile thereof), go pitty-pat.

This is a trash thread, and YOU know it.

What did I lie about? Please clarify...and stop being a good little syncophant...next you'll be capitalizing random words in a worshipful way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back