An Embarrassing and/or Proud Moment for Vets, Maybe.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bodecea, Aug 22, 2009.

1. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,636
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRE5UK6NQU]YouTube - Town Hall Meeting with U.S. Congressman Brian Baird[/ame]

Was this vet(making sure he front loaded that, didn't he?) grandstanding or actually asking a rational question?

2. BasicGreatGuy

BasicGreatGuy Aut libertas aut mors

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +427
    Why is the vet in the video an embarrassment to you Bod? You are your own person are you not? His actions have nothing to do with you.

I believe there was some grandstanding going on, as well as some genuine concern.

3. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    total grandstanding....i love the whipping of the crowd...gotta love mob mentality....i guess his manhood needed that shot.

4. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    gg do you really see geniue concern? looked more like a pep rally...where they want to burn someone in effigy

5. Soaring

Soaring Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91
    I couldn't understand a damn thing he said because he was talking too fast, and obviously didn't take a college 101 course in public speaking. He appeared to be scratching his nuts the whole time too what was distracting. On a scale of 1-10, I give him a 2.

6. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,636
    Grandstanding...walked away after asking he one question. This guy didn't want to learn anything, he wanted to speechify, thus taking away time from those who may have had legitimate questions about health care.

7. BasicGreatGuy

BasicGreatGuy Aut libertas aut mors

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +427
    I do. Granted, I don't care for his methodology. In my opinion, it was puerile. And that was his biggest problem.

8. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    he played to the crowd...when bill clinton was at asu...i went to see him...i had a choice....has been or wanna be...(who knew obama would be president) so i went for seeing a former president...i am shallow like that...he played to the crowd...a group of students with student loans..talked about forgivig them loans...genuine or playing to the crowd..

9. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    i am not objective in this...i grew up during race riots...my high school was in turmoil for two years....police on campus the whole 9 yards...i have seen the whipping up of emotions and how dangerous it can be and how fast it can get out of hand.

10. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,287
    It is an insult to another veteran to address them in this manner in a public forum. There is a unwritten code of conduct among the honorable men who served the nation.

Nazi Germany was fascist and as fascism is about corporate power, industrial power was a key to the war machine's growth and the direction that growth eventually took Germany.

Dwight Eisenhower noted the power of the military industrial complex, the growth of that powerful segment of business should be obvious to all today.

And no one is taking his rights away, they are just giving rights and freedom to others - The reason he served.

==============

A Conversation With Herman Goering

During the Nuremberg Trials in Germany after World War 2, Nazi leader Herman Goering was interviewed by Gustav Gilbert, an American intelligence officer. Goering said: "Of course the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. . . . But after all it is the leaders of the country that determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along."

Gustav Gilbert replied: "There is one difference. In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in America only Congress can declare wars."

Goering replied: "Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the will of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1