An Embarrassing and/or Proud Moment for Vets, Maybe.

bodecea

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Will.Trade.Racists.For.Refugees
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRE5UK6NQU]YouTube - Town Hall Meeting with U.S. Congressman Brian Baird[/ame]

Was this vet(making sure he front loaded that, didn't he?) grandstanding or actually asking a rational question?

Why is the vet in the video an embarrassment to you Bod? You are your own person are you not? His actions have nothing to do with you.

I believe there was some grandstanding going on, as well as some genuine concern.

I couldn't understand a damn thing he said because he was talking too fast, and obviously didn't take a college 101 course in public speaking. He appeared to be scratching his nuts the whole time too what was distracting. On a scale of 1-10, I give him a 2.

• Banned
Why is the vet in the video an embarrassment to you Bod? You are your own person are you not? His actions have nothing to do with you.

I believe there was some grandstanding going on, as well as some genuine concern.

Grandstanding...walked away after asking he one question. This guy didn't want to learn anything, he wanted to speechify, thus taking away time from those who may have had legitimate questions about health care.

he played to the crowd...when bill clinton was at asu...i went to see him...i had a choice....has been or wanna be...(who knew obama would be president) so i went for seeing a former president...i am shallow like that...he played to the crowd...a group of students with student loans..talked about forgivig them loans...genuine or playing to the crowd..

i am not objective in this...i grew up during race riots...my high school was in turmoil for two years....police on campus the whole 9 yards...i have seen the whipping up of emotions and how dangerous it can be and how fast it can get out of hand.

It is an insult to another veteran to address them in this manner in a public forum. There is a unwritten code of conduct among the honorable men who served the nation.

Nazi Germany was fascist and as fascism is about corporate power, industrial power was a key to the war machine's growth and the direction that growth eventually took Germany.

Dwight Eisenhower noted the power of the military industrial complex, the growth of that powerful segment of business should be obvious to all today.

And no one is taking his rights away, they are just giving rights and freedom to others - The reason he served.

==============

A Conversation With Herman Goering

During the Nuremberg Trials in Germany after World War 2, Nazi leader Herman Goering was interviewed by Gustav Gilbert, an American intelligence officer. Goering said: "Of course the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. . . . But after all it is the leaders of the country that determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along."

Gustav Gilbert replied: "There is one difference. In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in America only Congress can declare wars."

Goering replied: "Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the will of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

YouTube - Town Hall Meeting with U.S. Congressman Brian Baird

Was this vet(making sure he front loaded that, didn't he?) grandstanding or actually asking a rational question?

Get REAL Bodie...He was asking a rational Question. he IS concerned about the Government having more power than they are Constitutionally mandated to have. they have NO BUSINESS in healthcare...it's an Individual descision/responsibility.

But does that escape you? Healthcare is NOT a right.

For one, he talks about Defending the country and then suggests the Speaker of the House has some Nazi connection. Nazi's killed six million Jews and a couple of hundred thousand gays and know one knows how many thousands of Gypsy's.

I know that many Republicans, killing gay people is not such a big deal. But it's true that the guy was just spewing Republican rhetoric. I bet he even believes that Obama wants "death panels". I wonder if he even has health insurance.

Many Republicans who are "fighting" to keep health insurance the way it is don't even have any.
And look at the way it is. CEO salaries for HC companies Average $4,000,000.00 EACH.

How many insurance polices does it take to pay a single 4 million dollar salary? How many people could have been treated.

Depending of the size of the company, some CEO's make up to 38 MILLION with bonuses of over a hundred million dollars. Does this even sound SANE?????

Then there are those that say you can't be cut from you policy. Actually, there are many ways. You could call a sinus infection an "pre existing" condition. If you have a life threatening condition, insurance companies know you can't take them to court. You need your money to save your life. Or if you do take them to court, many times, chances are you'll die before it's settled. Then it doesn't matter.

Republicans had both houses and the presidency for years AND DID NOTHING.

Now, we have someone who is looking out for the American people and what happens? He is called "Nazi". His wife is called a bitch and ho on this very site.

FACT: 1993 - US paid 94 billion for health care.

2008 - US paid 2.5 TRILLION.

I bet if the guy had the actual facts minus "death panel" and "lottery aid", he would support the president. Or not, Obama IS half black. Many Americans will NEVER, EVER see past that.

So many who fought for the American ideals of freedom and democracy are now practicing those same ideals - speaking out against the infraction that is Obamacare...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRE5UK6NQU]YouTube - Town Hall Meeting with U.S. Congressman Brian Baird[/ame]

For one, he talks about Defending the country and then suggests the Speaker of the House has some Nazi connection. Nazi's killed six million Jews and a couple of hundred thousand gays and know one knows how many thousands of Gypsy's.

I know that many Republicans, killing gay people is not such a big deal. But it's true that the guy was just spewing Republican rhetoric. I bet he even believes that Obama wants "death panels". I wonder if he even has health insurance.

Many Republicans who are "fighting" to keep health insurance the way it is don't even have any.
And look at the way it is. CEO salaries for HC companies Average $4,000,000.00 EACH.

How many insurance polices does it take to pay a single 4 million dollar salary? How many people could have been treated.

Depending of the size of the company, some CEO's make up to 38 MILLION with bonuses of over a hundred million dollars. Does this even sound SANE?????

Then there are those that say you can't be cut from you policy. Actually, there are many ways. You could call a sinus infection an "pre existing" condition. If you have a life threatening condition, insurance companies know you can't take them to court. You need your money to save your life. Or if you do take them to court, many times, chances are you'll die before it's settled. Then it doesn't matter.

Republicans had both houses and the presidency for years AND DID NOTHING.

Now, we have someone who is looking out for the American people and what happens? He is called "Nazi". His wife is called a bitch and ho on this very site.

FACT: 1993 - US paid 94 billion for health care.

2008 - US paid 2.5 TRILLION.

I bet if the guy had the actual facts minus "death panel" and "lottery aid", he would support the president. Or not, Obama IS half black. Many Americans will NEVER, EVER see past that.
LOL!!! You got all of that out of that short video :lol: :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back