An email to a semi adopted German son of mine who flies for Berlin Air

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
He had sent me an article on the Ash Cloud and the lifting of restrictions on Air Travel. Their insurance policies do not cover glass like formation inside of the engines as it is an undefined "act of god." I started responding to that and wandered off topic, but it shows what is the rational fear we all should have for the coming summer.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I saw in one of the news articles that Insurance Agencies do not use the term "act of God" in their policies. Gosh, when I was a boy, I read my father's insurance policy for his business and they defined what an "act of God" was. Any in-climate weather (tornadoes, hurricanes or just strong rain and wind), earthquakes, falling trees and stuff like that was an "act of God" and they would not pay for it unless you were insured exactly for that purpose.

I do not have earthquake insurance on my house. We never have big earthquakes in San Diego. Of course, that is because we have not had one in the last two hundred years. We will one of these days, and I will be sorry that I did not have earthquake coverage. Now, I do not have the money to pay for earthquake coverage. They just want too much money. When I win the Lottery, then, I will buy earthquake coverage.

So, I take it that Air Berlin is flying again as of 0600 GMT. That is good. We need to keep the global economy going. In the United States we are counting on the rest of the world to continue recovery so they might help pull us out of our serious Depression. It is really bad over here. Millions and millions are out of work and our government has implemented a policy of lying to the public to try to keep the people placated. We will find out if it works in the Big Cities this summer. Watch Detroit, Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Oakland and a bunch of others to see if the people are placated or angry. When they get angry, that is when the riots start. In the United States, we have a long history of unhappy minorities resorting to riots to get attention to their plight and anger.

It will not be safe to be in the Big Cities then. Heck, it is not safe to be in the Big Cities normally as the crime rate is higher than in the Arab parts of France's big cities. Minorities and "Anger against the system" are a hell of a mixture.

I expect that Diane and I will be safe in our part of San Diego. Mira Mesa is an isolated oasis of mostly Southeast Asian second and third generation immigrants. They make darn good peaceful citizens because most of them have jobs and are hard working, trying to live the "American Dream" of having a 'nice" house in the suburbs and two or three honor students in free public school system. For the past thirty years in Mira Mesa, 98 percent of the time the top honor students at the local public high school are Southeast Asian. Wonderful people with a very strong work ethic! Perfect neighbors!

Well, got to get to work in the garden. I have to try to keep up with my neighbors. They all have nice front lawns.

As this Depression keep on getting deeper and deeper, you know it is coming. Avoid the Big City Centers if you can.

Forum List

Back