An Egyptian-American view on Israel

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I thought this was one of the best commencement speeches I have ever read.

An Egyptian-American view on Israel

737.thumbnail.jpg

Haisam Hassanein

As the commencement speaker for Tel Aviv University’s (TAU) graduating class on August 13, I invited my classmates to take a moment to reflect about the beginning of their adventure in Israel. Did they remember receiving their acceptance letter? When they did, they were probably excited to come to Tel Aviv until they actually started telling people they were coming to Israel.

Almost everybody in that room had a friend or a family member who warned him or her not to come to Israel.

"There’s war there!"

"Aren’t you afraid of being blown up?"

"Do they even have water there?"

Continue reading at:

An Egyptian-American view on Israel | Fikra Forum

This shows that BDS is the correct path to peace.

I missed it-----how is "this" an endorsement of BDS?
BDS is a modern variation on a very old method of
conquest.-----the old method is STARVATION SIEGE.
It was IMMENSELY popular for MILLENNIA amongst the
most barbaric and even useful as a tool of genocide----
in fact still in use by the most disgustingly barbaric.
In modern times-----tinny cheered whilst biafran babies
lay starved and dried up DEAD in the mud under
starvation siege due to the machinations of Nigerian
muslims-----about two million. Southern Sudanese
Christians were treated to the same----to the delight of
tinny.. Hindus fleeing east Pakistan in 1971----dropped
dead in their tracks as food aid was blocked by tinny's cheering squad. To me the events seemed nightmarish----kinda
reminding of that which tinny's pals did to my cousins in
Austria--------no accounting for tastes, tinny dear

dead in their tracks as food aid was blocked by tinny's cheering squad. To me the events seemed nightmarish----kinda
I missed it----​

Indeed.

I missed it----​

Indeed.

--tinman stumped again

Yes, indeed, Mr. Tinmore had to drag the BDS movement into this lovely commencement speech. Since he felt he had to drag it in, let me drag in something. I wonder which part of Gaza Mr. Tinmore came from and how much Hamas appreciates him being on these forums representing them.

Yesterday, Mr. Tinmore, I was reading a Saudi man's article in the Arab News telling about attaining his PhD and what he had to go through to get it. In the comment section, I certainly didn't drag in what his country does, but instead congratulated him and wished him lots of success in the future.

These stories show that people can live together as they did before the Zionist project in Palestine and in other places in the world.

The goal of BDS is to push Israel into allowing everyone to live together. It is the only movement with that vision.

These stories show that people can live together as they did before the Zionist project in Palestine and in other places in the world.

The goal of BDS is to push Israel into allowing everyone to live together. It is the only movement with that vision.

Israel is stopping people from living together? Clearly you have never been there. and you have never examined the
situation for non muslims in muslim countries. I have relatives who lived in muslim countries before 1948 --------I agree that muslims should live under the same laws in Israel that they endured as jews. No worse and no better. GOOD IDEA?. Let me know when I can buy a house and build a synagogue in Saudi arabia Would I have been able to do it in 1935? There are HINDUS in Saudi arabia -------they could use a few temples. The goal of BDS is the same as was the goal of the comprehensive economic boycott that was created circa 1950 DESTROY ISRAEL--------your comment is an insult to any level of intelligence. -----I have had lots of COPTIC colleagues over the years------do you support the persecution of copts too?

Israel is stopping people from living together? Clearly you have never been there. and you have never examined the
situation for non muslims in muslim countries. I have relatives who lived in muslim countries before 1948 --------I agree that muslims should live under the same laws in Israel that they endured as jews. No worse and no better. GOOD IDEA?. Let me know when I can buy a house and build a synagogue in Saudi arabia Would I have been able to do it in 1935? There are HINDUS in Saudi arabia -------they could use a few temples. The goal of BDS is the same as was the goal of the comprehensive economic boycott that was created circa 1950 DESTROY ISRAEL--------your comment is an insult to any level of intelligence. -----I have had lots of COPTIC colleagues over the years------do you support the persecution of copts too?
WOW, a whole post of deflection.:clap::clap::clap:

Must be that Palestine Mentality that Mr. Tinmore has if he can't see that he was the one who originally deflected on this thread by dragging in the BDS movement which is basically a movement to get all the so-called Palestinians back into that tiny area so that they can eventually overtake the Jews population-wise and run the country by virtue of voting. I wonder if Mr. Tinmore is going back to live and vote if this actually came to fruition, or will he vote here like many from foreign countries do.

So tell us your plans, Mr. Tinmore. Are you going to stay in the barn as the representative of Hamas and work on your magic computer that you claim isn't there, or are you going to take up residence in perhaps that new city in the West Bank. It looks lovely so maybe you have your name on the list for an apartment.

For the life of me, I can't understand how the millions and millions of displaced people after World War II were able to get on with their lives and weren't constantly whining like the Palestinians. The children of these displaced people considered themselves to be citizens of the country of their birth. They would be ashamed to call themselves refugees. Maybe Mr. Tinmore can tell us how many of these so-called refugees were actually born in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza.

I have to laugh, IRosie, at the chutzpah that Mr. Tinmore has in saying you are deflecting (and he is even clapping his silly hands) when he was the one who originally deflected on this thread.

So since Mr. Tinmore wasn't appreciative of such a lovely speech and had to deflect, I think I will post this article here since he wants everyone to believe that the Muslims and Jews got along fabulously before those "terrible Zionists" came on the scene..

By the way, I can see where the commencement speaker is coming from since like TAU, colleges throughout the world have many, many foreign students. I know that up and down the State of California in places like UCLA, USC, Berkeley, etc., there are many foreign students and they certainly are not disrupting campus life like the Muslim Student Union. I don't think we see Hindus students protesting the treatment of their brethren in Pakistan, nor do we see any students from Hong Kong or Taiwan protesting China's policy. All these students are here to learn.

WHO IS AN ARAB JEW? by Albert Memmi

I have to laugh, IRosie, at the chutzpah that Mr. Tinmore has in saying you are deflecting (and he is even clapping his silly hands) when he was the one who originally deflected on this thread.

So since Mr. Tinmore wasn't appreciative of such a lovely speech and had to deflect, I think I will post this article here since he wants everyone to believe that the Muslims and Jews got along fabulously before those "terrible Zionists" came on the scene..

By the way, I can see where the commencement speaker is coming from since like TAU, colleges throughout the world have many, many foreign students. I know that up and down the State of California in places like UCLA, USC, Berkeley, etc., there are many foreign students and they certainly are not disrupting campus life like the Muslim Student Union. I don't think we see Hindus students protesting the treatment of their brethren in Pakistan, nor do we see any students from Hong Kong or Taiwan protesting China's policy. All these students are here to learn.

WHO IS AN ARAB JEW? by Albert Memmi

all so true Sally------and somehow an insightfull kid----over came his upbringing and the social pressures upon him----and
spoke out-----he is a hero

Forum List

Back